MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

This was perfect for my oily/combo, yet often parched skin. This is perfect for days where I need the hydration but my skin is too oily for moisturizer because it sinks in quickly and you don't feel it at all, except how soft your skin feels. It also works well under a moisturizer (I use it under MAC studio moisturefix).

Not sure if it really brightens skin, honestly, I think only time will heal acne scars, if at all , but its full of antioxidants.

I love using it as at night as well to help my skin bounce back from wearing foundation all day. Though it is expensive, I think the forumla is quite comparable to the serums in the Estee Lauder line.

on 8/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

This is a great serum. I read that the ingredients were good (thank you, MUA skincare board!) and tried it. Terrific! Sinks into damp skin, leaves me glowy. On humid days I don't use moisturiser, but it also works with moistruiser on top - and I feel cream better absorbs if this serum is applied first. If your skin looks dull and needs a pick-me-up, this might be one to try.
I tried various serums - by Lauder, Clarins and so on. But they broke me out and didn't do much in the long term.
This has antioxidants and doesn't irritate/ sting my skin when it's sore or peeling (i know, bleargh!) from drying pimple treatments. It's also one of the few tolerable treatments during PMS - when my skin is extra sensitive. No obvious perfume-y smell. Love the packaging and pump.
Yes, it costs a lot of money if you're not used to buying posh skincare, but it's less than high-end brands and, imo, more effective.
It makes my skin look better. I admit -- I'm starting to worry about skin 'radiance' (*groan* - sounds like marketing speak, right?) as I age. While it doesn't turn the clock back 10 years, it improves what I have.
This is nice little self-image and skin boost, at a price I'm willing to pay. Thank you MAC! :)

I wanted to love this serum so badly, especially as the ingredients are great and the packaging is perfect and stable. But the problem for me is the texture. It's very runny- which is fine- but also tacky on my skin. I feel like it's sticky and I wish it had a more lotion-feel to it. For that reason I think it's a more mediocre base to my makeup than a creamier primer-serum like Clinique Turnaround or EL Idealist and so I think the search continues.