MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

My regular work-horse serum is Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free. I don't have any problems with it, but am always interested in trying well-formulated serums that might provide an additional boost. To that end I tried the MAC based on Paula's recommendation. While it's a nice serum, I won't be running out to repurchase for a few reasons:

1. It contains a bit more fragrance than I like. The smell does dissipate, but on first application, I find it a bit strong.

2. While it does sink in, it leaves my skin a little tacky; I prefer the silky, primer-like finish of the Regenerist.

3. I haven't noticed any real brightening or change in skin tone. Seems to maintain what I have, but not provide any tangible improvement.

4. Costs nearly 4x the Regenerist for no real additional benefit for me. Granted, the price is rather reasonable compared to some high-end serums which go for double the MAC.

So, a very good, somewhat expensive serum, with fragrance and a slightly tacky finish. Doesn't cause irritation or break outs and might be great for those who do not like the silicones/primer-like feel of something like Regenerist. Pump bottle is good size and design and keeps ingredients protected from light.

on 9/1/2011 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I picked this up by mistake a few months ago thinking it was a primer. However im really happy with the OKish results - my face looks a lot brighter.

I'm seriously distraught, this is my favorite serum but the MAC lady at Macy's just told me they discontinued it????? Please don't let this be true because it's just so perfect! Full of amazing ingredients that never brow me out or caused any irritation.

on 6/28/2012 7:23:00 PM

I'm glad I had a discount card as this would've been really expensive!
I noticed a difference right away, my acne scars started fading and my skin tone looked more even. I was amazed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product. I find it makes my skin so beautiful and brightens it. I have a few scars on my face from previous blemishes, and I find this really helps with that, so I recommend this product for sure!