MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

on 5/13/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well...
I was in a flight connection at Panama when i needed to buy a primer but my time was running out and i went with a lot of rush to the MAC store at the airport.
The lady gave me this one and when i arrived at home i saw that wasn't what i wanted, but i like to try new things so... Ok, let's do it!

For me it's nothing more than a very very expensive (i paid $54) moisturizer for normal/oily skin. Nothing more, nothing less.
It didn't make my skin brighter, it didn't closed my pores nor reduced them, nothing.
So it's a very very expensive thing that don't do anything more than a regular cheaper product would do.

Noooo, not going to buy this again!

This product is a-mazing! It brigthened my skin and you can really see the difference. Didn't break me out or anything. My skin can really feel that there's something going on when i put this on. The packaging is great as all the mac skincare products. It really pricey though, that's a con, but i think it's worth it. I will totally get another bottle when i finish this one.

This was perfect for my oily/combo, yet often parched skin. This is perfect for days where I need the hydration but my skin is too oily for moisturizer because it sinks in quickly and you don't feel it at all, except how soft your skin feels. It also works well under a moisturizer (I use it under MAC studio moisturefix).

Not sure if it really brightens skin, honestly, I think only time will heal acne scars, if at all , but its full of antioxidants.

I love using it as at night as well to help my skin bounce back from wearing foundation all day. Though it is expensive, I think the forumla is quite comparable to the serums in the Estee Lauder line.

on 3/18/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great Product!

I had a really bad acne breakout 3 weeks ago from using a primer. Cause alot of cysts and clogged pores on my forehead which left me with alot of acne scars.

The lady at the Mac Counter at The Bay recommended this product. After some research online i decided to buy it.

I've been using this product for about ten days and definitely notice a difference. I'm not sure if its also in combination of other products i use but i feel a difference when using this product. especially after putting it on

The scarring has reduced dramatically. Today is the first day i feel okay to go bare faced without any concealor or powder to work.

The ONLY con about this product it does tend to make my skin a bit oily. Especially in the T zone. I'm hoping in another couple of weeks i can just use this product at night instead of twice a day.

Will DEFINITELY buy this product again. Probably the most effective serum i have ever tried.

This is what I was looking for and I finally find it!
This serum contains vitamin C wich is great to use during the day cause it has antioxidants that fight free radicals and helps skin looks healthy, young and nice, It makes my skin feels so soft and glowy.

Well its a PRE PRIMER, so if you want your fundation last all day you should use a primer after it. I have the perfect instant smooth of CLARINS.

The bottle where it comes is dark wich is great cause the serum doesnīt get oxidized.

Definitly i would repurchase it again.Itīs expensive but Itīs a great product!

on 9/1/2011 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I picked this up by mistake a few months ago thinking it was a primer. However im really happy with the OKish results - my face looks a lot brighter.

I wanted to love this serum so badly, especially as the ingredients are great and the packaging is perfect and stable. But the problem for me is the texture. It's very runny- which is fine- but also tacky on my skin. I feel like it's sticky and I wish it had a more lotion-feel to it. For that reason I think it's a more mediocre base to my makeup than a creamier primer-serum like Clinique Turnaround or EL Idealist and so I think the search continues.

on 4/15/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this beauty. I absoloutely love it. Makes my skin feel soft. I have the hyperpigmentation fading in my skin, I cannot say for sure that it is as a result of using this product or a combo of other things, but nonetheless it definitely does "brighten" the skin and makes it feel amazing!

Popular Face Skincare Products