MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberousa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder\Serica\Poudre de Soie, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate [December 12, 2010]

on 5/20/2013 4:58:00 PM

I bought this after a friend recommended me it as I have very problematic skin and prone to nasty patches (dry, oily, red, blotchy, dark spots etc).

I have never been one to spend money on products like serums or special creams but after the recommendation from my friend and reading the reviews on here (if i'm ever unsure of a product or I'm tempted to buy I always first reach out to makeupalley.com haha), I thought I'd go for it.

I've been using it morning and evening, (underneath Macs oil control lotion then my foundation, and then after taking my makeup off at night) and I'm loving it. I've only been using it roughly a week and already I've noticed its cleared and evened out my skin and its got a lovely glow to it now. I wouldn't go as far to say its brightened my skin, but, the serum has definitely improved it with the blotchy patches and redness and looks a lot healthier.

I would recommend this definitely, only con is the price as I feel its a little on the expensive side but it still wont stop me purchasing another bottle as already this is becoming a holy grail item in my makeup routine!!!

on 2/26/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff, it's just a little too expensive in my opinion. smoothes out the skin and makes a big difference when used before moisturizer.

on 11/21/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

AWESOME!
It didn't really brighten up my skin and I've used like 4 bottles of this. But it did benefit my skin is looking healthy and staying healthy. It gives me a glow and I can feel when I've stopped using it there's a difference. It can potentially help with spots because of the vitamin C but very minimum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very fair, sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this because I wanted to use something under my moisturizer in the AM that would be good for my skin. I am currently using the regular strength acne system from Paula's Choice and although it's been keeping my skin clear, I noticed it was causing it to dry out a little as well. I really wasnt expecting much from this product, but I have to say that I really am blown away! My skin is brighter, more even toned and luminous. This does not make me break out and smells really good. I seriously cannot believe how great my skin looks after I started using this a few weeks ago. This also helps my makeup glid on, or at least for me it helped my foundation not looks so heavy and cakey. I am truley impressed with this product and would recomend it, especialy because my skin is such a pain and usally rebells against what I put on my face by doing the exact opposit then what the product claims it will do!

on 6/28/2012 7:23:00 PM

I'm glad I had a discount card as this would've been really expensive!
I noticed a difference right away, my acne scars started fading and my skin tone looked more even. I was amazed.

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is my favorite serum! It's very light and absorbs very quickly. I can see the difference that it made on my skin immediately. My face is smoother and has an even tone. I'm on my second bottle, and will use this for life!

on 4/25/2012 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is awesome in the summer for a variety of uses, but as a real face primer, not really.

Usually I use a Silicone based primer, but in the summer it just looks bad on my skin. Some days I use this and put a tinted moisturizer over it, or just wear it alone. It really does brighten my skin, and its good to have in my makeup bag.

The price is just awful!! It is a quality purchase, but it hurts a bit when you go to re up on it. Especially when you think about how much product you actually get. Sigh.

This is a great serum, i received a generous sample of this from a lovely mac girl and she advised me to mix it with my foundation as i wanted it for makeup use.

I'm a bit of a serum lover, i've tried a fer few, kiehls midnight recovery, liz earle oil, estee lauder advanced night repair, la mer and this is up there with the good ones.

however for the money, i'd seriously purchase advanced night repair its much better and around the same cost, this is a great product but EL is just amazing.

If you're using this for brightening purposes, i'd advise the strobe cream by mac, its amazing, the best product mac do! it works with makeup or without to give you a healthy glow, you can wear it under or over, it's a primer and a moisturizer all in one. and the ingredients are better than la mer! it has so many antioxidants, as does all mac skincare including this serum and it will do wonders for your skin. Mac skincare is arguably the best out there in my opinion however it goes unnoticed amongst their amazing makeup which sells by the bucketload.

on 6/29/2011 8:54:00 AM

The makeup artist recommended me this product. I have to say, I love love this serum! It's the one thing I've been missing! I apply it on before my "complete comfort" moisturizer and it keeps my face hydrated and feeling so soft. Before using the serum, I had some dry spots after applying the moisturizer, but this serum completely hydrates and leaves my face feeling so nice.

I would definitely go back and get a bottle after I run out of the sample, lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product. I find it makes my skin so beautiful and brightens it. I have a few scars on my face from previous blemishes, and I find this really helps with that, so I recommend this product for sure!

Popular Face Skincare Products