Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

3.7

on 5/15/2017 8:50:00 AM

This bb cream is like most other Korean bb creams. It leaves a slight grayish overcast on your skin at first, but then disappears. I don't think this bb cream is all that different from all the other Korean bb creams I have tried. Also, I found it to be very pricey for such a small tube. This is a very average bb cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think this BB is suitable for oily skin. It made me look greasy immediately and just slid off my face two hours after applying it, even after powdering. I think this might be nice for drier types as it seems very nourishing.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really good

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 3/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this BB creme people compliment my skin saying how great it looks, how smooth and one person even said my skin was like butter. So, now I'm wearing it every day! I got this as a sample originally and thought the Dore color might be too dark for my fair to medium skin. But it blended beautifully and made my red splotches and dark circles disappear. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and i wear serum and moisturizer under this BB creme and my skin looks fabulous. I haven't used any foundation since I found this and will definitely repurchase it!

on 3/26/2014 6:14:00 PM

A bit on the expensive side but so worth it for me. At first I found it too pasty. I left it in my drawer and forgot about it. Then a SA recommended this to me and I gave it another try. Happy I did so! This completely replaces foundation for me. I just apply it over foundation and it evens out my complexion in a minute. You just need to use very little: more is useless and won't make you look better. Just a fine layer is enough to hide imperfections. You could add some under eye concealer if you like. I finish with either Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder or MAC blotting powder. It doesn't stay matte all day but stays neat and doesn't oxidize. As for caring properties it mainly feels neutral to me: not really moisturizing, not really drying. It doesn' t cause breakouts either. I think it's a bit calming as it tones down redness. I use the lightest shade and am mac 20. I think about mixing this with the darker shade during spring and summer, because I don't want to give up during the warmer months. Would certainly repurchase in fact it's on my to do list! Give it a try if you can.

on 8/2/2013 1:37:00 PM

I really wanted to like this BB cream and this is the first BB cream that I bought because in the shop it looked great on my skin and the other BB creams looked horrible.
I wore it a few times and I am dissapointed because:
- it makes my face shiny
- it is white on my skin (because of the SPF which I know it makes people white but still it is a BB cream with coverage so why the white cast)?
- it goes in every wrinkle so it makes me look old!
- it separates after a few hours and it looks weird

Advantages:
- it didn't clog my pores nor gave me pimples
- it has a bit of coverage and it hides some red spots I have

It is not terrible but it is just not for me! I still wear it from time to time but I am not going to repurchase.

on 6/18/2011 9:54:00 AM

I really like this BB cream! It makes my pores look really small and my skin looks luminous but still matte. I tried this also when I had a bad flu and at the same time it was totm and it didn`t do much then. But it is also great as a mu primer, I just used it before my estee lauder doublewear and I needed so little of the foundation. I highly prefer this over my mac and mufe face and body it just makes my skin look so much younger and soft. I can only speak for the lighter color but this works for so many fair skincolors (I tried it on my friends), since it is a neutral color. it really melts with your natural complexion and makes it look fabulous. Perfect for summer!I still need concealing though since I do get hormone caused acne and dark circles under my eyes. I also love that it has spf 25, and I don`t need a moisturizer underneath even though my skin can be on the dry side. very happy with this bb cream!
I recommend this to everyone who wants to even out their skintone without having a mask of foundation on their skin.
I will buy again, this stuff is good!