Erborian BB Cream au Ginseng

BB Cream au GinsengBB Cream au Ginseng

on 7/7/2018 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I so didn't want to like this product as it's not cheap - unfortunately I love it! I bought the sample size in Dore and Nude as I currently have a slight tan ( normally NW20). This product is amazing & I don't know how it works but it does. I apply it with my fingertips and achieve a light-medium coverage which simply makes my skin look like skin but better. I allow it to soak in then add translucent powder (RCMA) and bang I now have a good medium coverage which just makes my skin look amazing. The powder does lift the colour thus it suits my NW20 skin perfectly. I have super oily skin (thanks peri menopause) but after 8 hours my skin just looks glowing (yes it's oily but doesn't look it); I blot it with papers and that's me good for 12-13 hours! Added to this my skin likes it. I've had problems with breakouts recently but since using this my skin is behaving beautifully. I really can't fault this BB cream except the price. Having said that you only need a pea size amount for your whole face and wow is it quick to apply for perfection. I've tried the CC cream in the same way and whilst it's good and performs in much the same manner I prefer the extra coverage the BB cream gives you. Obviously this is my experience and I recommend the sample size first, but I think I've found my HG!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

To me, this is an HG product. This covers all the bases of what a great BB cream should be. I'm about an NC 30-35 and the color Dore is perfect. I don't have great skin by any means- hyperpigmentation, acne scars on cheeks, dehydrated skin, very clog prone and overall, just blah. This BB cream is medium coverage. It's a creamy texture and I usually use a sponge to pat into skin and it works magic, folks. Seriously. I feel pretty confident when I wear this. Albeit, my scars are probably still visible but it doesn't bother me as much. I have combo oily skin. I do get a little shiny but it's nothing huge. Let's just say, it gives me a dewy look after a few hours. It covers pores pretty well and it gives that my skin but better look. I love the SPF factor and the skin loving ingredients. I have skin that rejects a lot of products because it rather breaks me out, makes me itchy or just dry. This does neither of those things. I like the fact that it's lightweight feeling and I hardly feel anything. There is barely any oxidation that I can detect. It stays true to its color til the end of the day. I tend to venture out and try other BB creams and tinted moisturizers, but I tell you, I keep coming back to this, which is why I feel like it's my HG. And we all know how hard it is to find an HG product in our routine. I've been using this for over a little 3 months and I do feel like my skin texture has improved.I don't know what magic voodoo is in this, but i will keep at it. It truly works wonders.

I have normal-sensitive skin which often dries out so I am not fond of any makeup-foundation in general. This product is great for sensitive-dry skin but I am pretty sure it would also be good for oily skin since I sort of feel it controls oil. Even though I am not sure if it mattifies per se it also does not produce any oils whatsoever. I love this product because it gives me this nice glow when my face looks tired due to the lack of sleep but at the same time it does not cover up my entire face and it lets my freckles show. But if you have pimples and you want to cover them up completely this is not the product for you. The coverage is very light which is why i love this product. I used to never wear any makeup because 1. personally I do not like aesthetically makeup covered faces, 2. even so-called light foundations usually feel so heavy on me and too covering, but that is only my personal taste. All in all, this is a very good product that does not cause any skin problems but respects it and if you want a really good product that will give you a very VERY light coverage with an air brushed feeling. But if you want more coverage this is not the product for you.

The only negative thing is the price. For me it is worth it, but if you are not willing to give this much money then I think you can search and find some good alternatives. But remember a little goes a long way! Also the smell is nice but barely noticeable which ia a plus for me.

on 5/15/2017 8:50:00 AM

This bb cream is like most other Korean bb creams. It leaves a slight grayish overcast on your skin at first, but then disappears. I don't think this bb cream is all that different from all the other Korean bb creams I have tried. Also, I found it to be very pricey for such a small tube. This is a very average bb cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think this BB is suitable for oily skin. It made me look greasy immediately and just slid off my face two hours after applying it, even after powdering. I think this might be nice for drier types as it seems very nourishing.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really good

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 3/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this BB creme people compliment my skin saying how great it looks, how smooth and one person even said my skin was like butter. So, now I'm wearing it every day! I got this as a sample originally and thought the Dore color might be too dark for my fair to medium skin. But it blended beautifully and made my red splotches and dark circles disappear. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and i wear serum and moisturizer under this BB creme and my skin looks fabulous. I haven't used any foundation since I found this and will definitely repurchase it!

on 3/26/2014 6:14:00 PM

A bit on the expensive side but so worth it for me. At first I found it too pasty. I left it in my drawer and forgot about it. Then a SA recommended this to me and I gave it another try. Happy I did so! This completely replaces foundation for me. I just apply it over foundation and it evens out my complexion in a minute. You just need to use very little: more is useless and won't make you look better. Just a fine layer is enough to hide imperfections. You could add some under eye concealer if you like. I finish with either Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder or MAC blotting powder. It doesn't stay matte all day but stays neat and doesn't oxidize. As for caring properties it mainly feels neutral to me: not really moisturizing, not really drying. It doesn' t cause breakouts either. I think it's a bit calming as it tones down redness. I use the lightest shade and am mac 20. I think about mixing this with the darker shade during spring and summer, because I don't want to give up during the warmer months. Would certainly repurchase in fact it's on my to do list! Give it a try if you can.