Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the lightest shade, claire. This BB cream comes out greyish but warms up on my skin. It matches my skin fair neutral pretty darn perfectly. It's thick and smooth and blends in easily. I usually use my fingers to apply it. It's a solid medium coverage, very natural finish, not makeupy at all. Every time I wear it I think my skin looks sooo nice. It hasn't been making me oily. This summer my bare minerals complexion perfecter has been getting very shiny and not holding up, but this has. I do set with a powder. It hasn't broken me out. And I've been wearing this on long work days and it has lasted. I'm really really loving this BB cream. I was sad when IT cosmetics cc cream didn't work out for me (broke me out), but I'm very happy with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I get compliments for my skin whenever I wear this bb cream. I use both colors (clair and dore). I use clair as a concealer, around my eye area, and for the rest of my face I mix the 2 tones.

Soo, trying a lot of foundations an bb creams from high end to drugstore this one seems to be the real deal. It blends best using fingers and melts into your skin. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (yup all the good stuff :p ) and doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it make my skin oilier than it is. It stays well and i don't normally use powder in winter time, only in summer. Provides light\medium coverage. I use no primer underneath just my moisturizer.
The only con is the shade range..
Love this and how light it feels on my skin plus i don't have to worry whether it will make me break out or not! And it's not a pain to take off either! Perfect for everyday use, for special events i would choose something without spf and heavier duty.

on 3/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about 5 years now, it is my absolute HG bb creme, or base of any kind at all. It gives a lovely satin finish and feels light and non greasy, with a light to medium coverage that you can easily control by the amount of product you use.

I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that Is oily down the centre with dry cheeks. This minimises my pores and redness, feels soothing when applied, is non greasy and my skin feels great at the end of the day. I work in an office with crappy air con and travel between sites a lot in busy smelly traffic. If set with powder this lasts out the day and actually protects my skin from all the pollutants and aircon. I can actually tell the difference when I don't wear it, my skin is genuinely better after a day of having worn this than not. And in photos my skin looks flawless.

I buy this in both Clair and Dore and mix them in varying amounts throughout the year to get my perfect shade. You don't need a lot so it lasts forever.

I set this with a powder if I'm going to work, and in summer I also add a spay of skindinavia oil control down the centre of my face as it gets hot and humid where I am and I wear glasses which causes most products to wear around my nose bridge. If I do this it's seriously on until I wash my face at night. Normal days I just wear this and only set under where my glasses sit, and I will get some wear on that area.

Only cons at all are that this is getting harder and harder for me to find. It's not sold in NZ and used to be able to easily order online, now not so much. It's stupidly expensive because of this, but on the other hand lasts so long that it really balances out the price.

on 7/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

been using erborian bb cream light and dore for a year now - cant live without it! improved my skin too! i wish the packaging was cuter tho.. ^_^

on 12/11/2012 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I have really dy skin and have almost given up finding a really good foundation..if anyone can recomend one, contact me.

But I think this one is really good, though it doesnt cover that much as I would like. But I think it mousturises my skin really well and you can almost use as many layers as you like, without it looking strange.

I use the lightest shade, and I have really light skin

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The search for HG BB cream continues, becasue this one didn't make it either. It's simply not moisturizing, emollient enough - and that's what I want from a BB cream. If I'd want a foundation then I'll will buy one - I simply want a richly moisturizing cream for every day easy use, with a light coverage. If you know about any pls let me know !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I usually don't like tinted moisturizers or BB creams, since I've found that these just color the skin and don't really smooth the complexion out. But the Erborian BB Cream made me change my mind. I was looking for something lighter than a foundation for summertime and it really gives what I expected from such a type of products which means a light coverage, with no mask-like effect, coupled with a 25-SPF moisturizer. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who has dry skin though, since I've found that it enhanced the dry patches when my face wasn't sufficiently exfoliated and hydrated (I have combination skin). I can use it alone, but I think that it looks even better with a very light moisturizer that was put beforehand (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer Gel). I still have to use a concealer because of my acne scars, but I don't mind since I wasn't expecting a heavy coverage from the BB cream anyway. I agree with one the review below - I'm a MAC NC40/42 and MUFE HD 128 and the shade "Dor�" fits me perfectly.

**EDIT** When I feel that my skin is a bit too dry, I spray my face with a bit of MAC Fix+ or any moisturizing toner beforehand - I would advise you NOT to use plain/mineralized/spring water as this will dry out your skin rather than hydrating it - and while my face is still a bit damp, I apply the Erborian BB Cream. The final look is then more luminous and the potential dry patches will not show through. :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not too sure about this one yet. After trying Clinique's B.B. cream and reading/watching such fabulous reviews, I was pretty stoked to try this. To start with the negative, I think the cream is a bit too drying on me (and I am wearing moisturizer underneath.) It also does not completely cover dark circles-- but I already knew this from reviews. Furthermore, if you have large pimples, like me, this cream will not give you full coverage. It also gives light coverage for fine lines. On a positive note, this cream minimizes my pores pretty well and does not have ingredients that are too offensive, as far as sunscreen goes. I have not tried it as a primer yet because I don't ever really use primer, but I will, and I'll let everyone know if I like the results.

**Update**
I tried the product as a primer and it does hold foundation and concealer well, but I will not repurchase because I am looking for a one step product.

on 6/24/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is the first BB cream I've used, so I can only compare with primers/foundations/TMs... and it might be better than them all. My skin is a lot better than it used to be but not perfectly even, and I've been looking for something to even it while looking natural (I hate the caked on look - I'd much rather have a few imperfections visible than have my make-up obvious). I also don't want to waste time putting on make-up in the morning. In the past I've used primers and TM, which were fine but not perfect... this, however, might be it.
The packaging is nice: a big, sturdy but cute tube with a screw-on cap.
The cream itself looks a bit grey, which might be worrying at first; it has a pleasant, but perhaps a little too persistent, floral smell. It applies easily with just fingers, and melts quickly into the skin. It feels very light, and it's very natural, yet still manages to make my skin look a lot better... It's got a matte finish and does an impressive job of keeping my usually shiny nose grease-free for a long time.
Now for the skin-care aspect... It has SPF, which is nice. It's not hugely moisturising but that's OK -maybe put just a little bit of moisturiser underneath. I'm always a bit suspicious when it comes to the skin-care claims of cosmetics, but I have to say that my skin looks pretty good after a few weeks of using it (and even sleeping in it a couple of times). I wouldn't go so far as to say that the general good shape of my skin is a result of my using this product, but it certainly hasn't hurt.
The only drawback of this product is the price -pretty steep at 32 euros. Having said that, the tube is rather big and you don't need much, so that at 711 euros per litre it compares rather favourably with high-end foundations (which tend to be sold at 1200 + euros per litre).
Will definitely buy again.