Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I get compliments for my skin whenever I wear this bb cream. I use both colors (clair and dore). I use clair as a concealer, around my eye area, and for the rest of my face I mix the 2 tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think this BB is suitable for oily skin. It made me look greasy immediately and just slid off my face two hours after applying it, even after powdering. I think this might be nice for drier types as it seems very nourishing.

Soo, trying a lot of foundations an bb creams from high end to drugstore this one seems to be the real deal. It blends best using fingers and melts into your skin. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (yup all the good stuff :p ) and doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it make my skin oilier than it is. It stays well and i don't normally use powder in winter time, only in summer. Provides light\medium coverage. I use no primer underneath just my moisturizer.
The only con is the shade range..
Love this and how light it feels on my skin plus i don't have to worry whether it will make me break out or not! And it's not a pain to take off either! Perfect for everyday use, for special events i would choose something without spf and heavier duty.

on 12/22/2016 1:40:00 PM

You know how something is so good, you already swear to make it your best kept secret? This is one of them.

But I'm not one to talk.

For years, I've been having horrible insecurities with acne, searching for a BB cream within an affordable range that doesn't care to introduce a newer species of acne that I haven't already kept a track of in my mental list at 2am in the morning. And this is not a secret that I would want to selfishly keep to myself.

I've had my fair share of Laneige, Lancome and many other BB creams from drugstores to the more expensive brands, promising to take good care of my skin. But nothing has really worked in terms of coverage and that healthy glow like this particular baby. Easy application, swift to help the acne and pores out. On a normal day, I skip primer (since it can also be used one) and use it as a foundation under my BareMinerals mineral veil, getting way more lasting coverage than my usual Laneige bb compact provides. It's also obvious that the formula works great with my skin, where I've gotten less oily patches and my pores are barely visible even after a good 8 hours. For a few extra bucks, I would invest in this for that extra boost of confidence that my skin is well taken care of.

I've learnt to work with makeup products that don't try too hard to please, but stay in their game and do it exceptionally well. I'm as impressed, if not more, as the other reviewers and am so happy to have found something this good. I'm definitely a convert and it would be a tough feat for something in the market to beat this one.

on 6/15/2016 6:57:00 PM

This BB cream is amazing, guys.

I don't normally purchase a lot of make-up, I just generally do it when I have tried some sample that I was given or I heard amazing reviews about a product. This BB cream was tried out with 2 samples that lady from the shop gave to me.

This product is extremely profitable, it lasts a really long time. I love the finish of it - that is more on the velvety side. If you acne and/or acne scars this product does help. Korean brands are often known for whitening properties on their products since Asian culture prefers a Snow White fair complexion. So your skin tone tends to get more even with the use of this product as well as the texture. It's very hydrating but not to point of creating oils on the skin throughout the day. My skin feels really nice when have this product on and after cleansing my face, it feels exactly as a baby skin - really smooth.

This also contains SPF, which is really important aka a must for acne prone skin type since we tend have a lot of scaring.

For the down side... It can be a little pricy, I guess it depends where you actually purchase it but from what I have seen the price range is higher than drugstore make-up. It also just comes in 3 shades, that I believe are the most common within the Asian countries So it's not a product that actually matches with a lot of people.

But if you are more to the lightest to medium skin shades with a bit of a yellow-ish undertone, then this product is good for you.

Personally, my skin tends more to be on severe acne and I really enjoyed this product. I would definitely re-purchase it again!

on 3/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about 5 years now, it is my absolute HG bb creme, or base of any kind at all. It gives a lovely satin finish and feels light and non greasy, with a light to medium coverage that you can easily control by the amount of product you use.

I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that Is oily down the centre with dry cheeks. This minimises my pores and redness, feels soothing when applied, is non greasy and my skin feels great at the end of the day. I work in an office with crappy air con and travel between sites a lot in busy smelly traffic. If set with powder this lasts out the day and actually protects my skin from all the pollutants and aircon. I can actually tell the difference when I don't wear it, my skin is genuinely better after a day of having worn this than not. And in photos my skin looks flawless.

I buy this in both Clair and Dore and mix them in varying amounts throughout the year to get my perfect shade. You don't need a lot so it lasts forever.

I set this with a powder if I'm going to work, and in summer I also add a spay of skindinavia oil control down the centre of my face as it gets hot and humid where I am and I wear glasses which causes most products to wear around my nose bridge. If I do this it's seriously on until I wash my face at night. Normal days I just wear this and only set under where my glasses sit, and I will get some wear on that area.

Only cons at all are that this is getting harder and harder for me to find. It's not sold in NZ and used to be able to easily order online, now not so much. It's stupidly expensive because of this, but on the other hand lasts so long that it really balances out the price.

on 3/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this BB creme people compliment my skin saying how great it looks, how smooth and one person even said my skin was like butter. So, now I'm wearing it every day! I got this as a sample originally and thought the Dore color might be too dark for my fair to medium skin. But it blended beautifully and made my red splotches and dark circles disappear. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and i wear serum and moisturizer under this BB creme and my skin looks fabulous. I haven't used any foundation since I found this and will definitely repurchase it!

on 7/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

been using erborian bb cream light and dore for a year now - cant live without it! improved my skin too! i wish the packaging was cuter tho.. ^_^

on 3/26/2014 6:14:00 PM

A bit on the expensive side but so worth it for me. At first I found it too pasty. I left it in my drawer and forgot about it. Then a SA recommended this to me and I gave it another try. Happy I did so! This completely replaces foundation for me. I just apply it over foundation and it evens out my complexion in a minute. You just need to use very little: more is useless and won't make you look better. Just a fine layer is enough to hide imperfections. You could add some under eye concealer if you like. I finish with either Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder or MAC blotting powder. It doesn't stay matte all day but stays neat and doesn't oxidize. As for caring properties it mainly feels neutral to me: not really moisturizing, not really drying. It doesn' t cause breakouts either. I think it's a bit calming as it tones down redness. I use the lightest shade and am mac 20. I think about mixing this with the darker shade during spring and summer, because I don't want to give up during the warmer months. Would certainly repurchase in fact it's on my to do list! Give it a try if you can.

THIS HAS BEEN A MIRACLE. it has really really helped my acne! whenever i try a different foundation or face product, i break out and have to go back to this BB cream. it is so natural and absolutely beautiful. the coverage is actually really good, it definitely hides all color problems (redness, darkspots...) and i think it actually covers my acne too! the best thing about it though is that it has really helped clear up my skin!
THIS IS A MUST BUY!!!!