Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I get compliments for my skin whenever I wear this bb cream. I use both colors (clair and dore). I use clair as a concealer, around my eye area, and for the rest of my face I mix the 2 tones.

on 6/24/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is the first BB cream I've used, so I can only compare with primers/foundations/TMs... and it might be better than them all. My skin is a lot better than it used to be but not perfectly even, and I've been looking for something to even it while looking natural (I hate the caked on look - I'd much rather have a few imperfections visible than have my make-up obvious). I also don't want to waste time putting on make-up in the morning. In the past I've used primers and TM, which were fine but not perfect... this, however, might be it.
The packaging is nice: a big, sturdy but cute tube with a screw-on cap.
The cream itself looks a bit grey, which might be worrying at first; it has a pleasant, but perhaps a little too persistent, floral smell. It applies easily with just fingers, and melts quickly into the skin. It feels very light, and it's very natural, yet still manages to make my skin look a lot better... It's got a matte finish and does an impressive job of keeping my usually shiny nose grease-free for a long time.
Now for the skin-care aspect... It has SPF, which is nice. It's not hugely moisturising but that's OK -maybe put just a little bit of moisturiser underneath. I'm always a bit suspicious when it comes to the skin-care claims of cosmetics, but I have to say that my skin looks pretty good after a few weeks of using it (and even sleeping in it a couple of times). I wouldn't go so far as to say that the general good shape of my skin is a result of my using this product, but it certainly hasn't hurt.
The only drawback of this product is the price -pretty steep at 32 euros. Having said that, the tube is rather big and you don't need much, so that at 711 euros per litre it compares rather favourably with high-end foundations (which tend to be sold at 1200 + euros per litre).
Will definitely buy again.