Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.1

I have normal-sensitive skin which often dries out so I am not fond of any makeup-foundation in general. This product is great for sensitive-dry skin but I am pretty sure it would also be good for oily skin since I sort of feel it controls oil. Even though I am not sure if it mattifies per se it also does not produce any oils whatsoever. I love this product because it gives me this nice glow when my face looks tired due to the lack of sleep but at the same time it does not cover up my entire face and it lets my freckles show. But if you have pimples and you want to cover them up completely this is not the product for you. The coverage is very light which is why i love this product. I used to never wear any makeup because 1. personally I do not like aesthetically makeup covered faces, 2. even so-called light foundations usually feel so heavy on me and too covering, but that is only my personal taste. All in all, this is a very good product that does not cause any skin problems but respects it and if you want a really good product that will give you a very VERY light coverage with an air brushed feeling. But if you want more coverage this is not the product for you.

The only negative thing is the price. For me it is worth it, but if you are not willing to give this much money then I think you can search and find some good alternatives. But remember a little goes a long way! Also the smell is nice but barely noticeable which ia a plus for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the lightest shade, claire. This BB cream comes out greyish but warms up on my skin. It matches my skin fair neutral pretty darn perfectly. It's thick and smooth and blends in easily. I usually use my fingers to apply it. It's a solid medium coverage, very natural finish, not makeupy at all. Every time I wear it I think my skin looks sooo nice. It hasn't been making me oily. This summer my bare minerals complexion perfecter has been getting very shiny and not holding up, but this has. I do set with a powder. It hasn't broken me out. And I've been wearing this on long work days and it has lasted. I'm really really loving this BB cream. I was sad when IT cosmetics cc cream didn't work out for me (broke me out), but I'm very happy with this one.

on 6/23/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is perfection. It goes on well, it stays on, it doesn't get cakey or shiny, it has sunscreen and makes my skin look great. I am on my second tube and will continue to purchase.

This product is a holy grail product for my sensitive, dry combination, cystic acne prone skin. I am currently on a prescription for retin-a, which has turned my lifetime oily skin into a very dry and peeling one, and it has been very difficult adjusting my makeup routine to fit this change. This product has made my adjustment a thousand times easier.

Usually, I like to find medium coverage BB/CC creams that are buildable, and very natural. This has been the best product to date that I have tried and loved for my skin fitting this criteria. Though it goes on a whitish color and has a very faint (baby like?) scent, it blends to match my fair complexion perfectly, and covers my acne JUST enough to not look like I'm wearing anything, but that my skin is just radiant and even-toned. The staying power lasts my ten hour work days, and I don't have to touch up my skin at all. Even the peeling around my mouth dissipates when I use this product, which is VERY difficult to come across.

My only complaint with this product is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find. Though I live in NYC, and have the convenience of many Sephora stores a subway ride away, more often than not this product is not in stock or is not carried by the location (I hate ordering online, I am one of those shoppers that has to buy in person).

My highest recommendations to anyone!!!

on 5/17/2016 8:23:00 PM

I got this as a sample in both colors and none of them suited me.

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 6/29/2014 8:11:00 PM

i would buy this again! having combination skin and outbreak of spots oh also large pores on my cheeks, this bb cream has to be the best ive found so far. it doesnt leave my skin feeling greasy, it doesnt leave a shine on my face and best of all it doesnt irritate my skin. i use little amounts and if i need more to cover the red areas i'll keep adding little amounts. it does leave a good coverage, a better coverage than the rimmel foundation i use. i use the bb cream on its own and sometimes mixed in with my foundation. it feels so light on my face, the only downfall is that it is quite expensive, 17pound i paid and the tube is quite little. ive had it for about a month and i need another one

on 8/2/2013 1:37:00 PM

I really wanted to like this BB cream and this is the first BB cream that I bought because in the shop it looked great on my skin and the other BB creams looked horrible.
I wore it a few times and I am dissapointed because:
- it makes my face shiny
- it is white on my skin (because of the SPF which I know it makes people white but still it is a BB cream with coverage so why the white cast)?
- it goes in every wrinkle so it makes me look old!
- it separates after a few hours and it looks weird

Advantages:
- it didn't clog my pores nor gave me pimples
- it has a bit of coverage and it hides some red spots I have

It is not terrible but it is just not for me! I still wear it from time to time but I am not going to repurchase.

on 5/9/2013 2:21:00 PM

I have really bad skin : dry patches, acne scars, zits, blackheads, etc. This BB cream does not make miracles, but it makes my skin look acceptable. In my opinion, t's a big achievement. It evens out the skin tone, hides most of my acne scars and neutralizes redness. It stays on all day and it doesn't make my skin look cakey. Since I have very oily skin, I apply a mattifying cream beforehand. It's a bit pricey but there is enough product in there to last several months. I've been using it for more than five months and it'll probably last me 2-3 more months. It's definitely worth its price.