Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.3

I have normal-sensitive skin which often dries out so I am not fond of any makeup-foundation in general. This product is great for sensitive-dry skin but I am pretty sure it would also be good for oily skin since I sort of feel it controls oil. Even though I am not sure if it mattifies per se it also does not produce any oils whatsoever. I love this product because it gives me this nice glow when my face looks tired due to the lack of sleep but at the same time it does not cover up my entire face and it lets my freckles show. But if you have pimples and you want to cover them up completely this is not the product for you. The coverage is very light which is why i love this product. I used to never wear any makeup because 1. personally I do not like aesthetically makeup covered faces, 2. even so-called light foundations usually feel so heavy on me and too covering, but that is only my personal taste. All in all, this is a very good product that does not cause any skin problems but respects it and if you want a really good product that will give you a very VERY light coverage with an air brushed feeling. But if you want more coverage this is not the product for you.

The only negative thing is the price. For me it is worth it, but if you are not willing to give this much money then I think you can search and find some good alternatives. But remember a little goes a long way! Also the smell is nice but barely noticeable which ia a plus for me.

I don't think they sell this exact product anymore... when I went to the shop it said "BB Cream Au Ginseng *5-in-1*" so I guess a little different? I depend on MUA so much for buying my products I figured I better start writing my own reviews. Disclaimer: I have never *really* used a BB cream before and I have only been using it for a little while so I can't really compare it but after getting super fed up with my American foundation after moving to Korea I decided to buy this (3 days ago). There are 2 shades, a pinky one and a yellowish nude one.. the lady recommended the yellow since I have some redness but even without that I could see it matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm super fair but have a bit of a yellow-ish undertone (Eastern European ladies would probably get me). Anyways, this stuff makes my skin look AMAZING. They gave me a sample of their primer and I haven't used it without it yet.. with the primer it's pretty dewy but I can't speak to how it is without it. I have dry skin and this goes on really smoothly. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and this doesn't really cover them but I think it definitely detracts from them/blurs them out. I'm already worried about what I'll do when I leave Korea... I'll keep using this unless some unforeseeable circumstance arises and if it does I'll come back and edit this review but as of now this is true love

oh yeah it's like $40 a tube which isn't cheap but worth it for me so far and a little goes a long way

EDIT: I stopped using primer underneath and it's definitely a dewy finish by itself. It might be an issue for people with oily skin/who don't like that look

on 6/23/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is perfection. It goes on well, it stays on, it doesn't get cakey or shiny, it has sunscreen and makes my skin look great. I am on my second tube and will continue to purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the lightest shade, claire. This BB cream comes out greyish but warms up on my skin. It matches my skin fair neutral pretty darn perfectly. It's thick and smooth and blends in easily. I usually use my fingers to apply it. It's a solid medium coverage, very natural finish, not makeupy at all. Every time I wear it I think my skin looks sooo nice. It hasn't been making me oily. This summer my bare minerals complexion perfecter has been getting very shiny and not holding up, but this has. I do set with a powder. It hasn't broken me out. And I've been wearing this on long work days and it has lasted. I'm really really loving this BB cream. I was sad when IT cosmetics cc cream didn't work out for me (broke me out), but I'm very happy with this one.

on 5/15/2017 8:50:00 AM

This bb cream is like most other Korean bb creams. It leaves a slight grayish overcast on your skin at first, but then disappears. I don't think this bb cream is all that different from all the other Korean bb creams I have tried. Also, I found it to be very pricey for such a small tube. This is a very average bb cream.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I get compliments for my skin whenever I wear this bb cream. I use both colors (clair and dore). I use clair as a concealer, around my eye area, and for the rest of my face I mix the 2 tones.

Soo, trying a lot of foundations an bb creams from high end to drugstore this one seems to be the real deal. It blends best using fingers and melts into your skin. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (yup all the good stuff :p ) and doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it make my skin oilier than it is. It stays well and i don't normally use powder in winter time, only in summer. Provides light\medium coverage. I use no primer underneath just my moisturizer.
The only con is the shade range..
Love this and how light it feels on my skin plus i don't have to worry whether it will make me break out or not! And it's not a pain to take off either! Perfect for everyday use, for special events i would choose something without spf and heavier duty.

this one is for the cc cream version. I saw serein talk about the product on her channel and was interested in trying it out for myself. now I am a self proclaimed skin care junkie and do prefer my foundations to be on the light- medium to medium coverage side, also as I believe skin care infused makeup hardly will actually correct conditions in my opinion so if anything you should splurge on your skin care treatment products or spend the money on something that is actually going to give you the coverage that you want/need. so anyways onto this product, it gives you a sheer wash of color, it does feel lightweight on the skin which is nice, but for the price you pay for such a sheer coverage product, it is so not worth it. if sheer coverage is all you're looking for there are plenty of drugstore options for you to choose from, also almay's smart shade foundations does essentially the same thing, as does loreal's magic bb cream

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think this BB is suitable for oily skin. It made me look greasy immediately and just slid off my face two hours after applying it, even after powdering. I think this might be nice for drier types as it seems very nourishing.

This product is a holy grail product for my sensitive, dry combination, cystic acne prone skin. I am currently on a prescription for retin-a, which has turned my lifetime oily skin into a very dry and peeling one, and it has been very difficult adjusting my makeup routine to fit this change. This product has made my adjustment a thousand times easier.

Usually, I like to find medium coverage BB/CC creams that are buildable, and very natural. This has been the best product to date that I have tried and loved for my skin fitting this criteria. Though it goes on a whitish color and has a very faint (baby like?) scent, it blends to match my fair complexion perfectly, and covers my acne JUST enough to not look like I'm wearing anything, but that my skin is just radiant and even-toned. The staying power lasts my ten hour work days, and I don't have to touch up my skin at all. Even the peeling around my mouth dissipates when I use this product, which is VERY difficult to come across.

My only complaint with this product is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find. Though I live in NYC, and have the convenience of many Sephora stores a subway ride away, more often than not this product is not in stock or is not carried by the location (I hate ordering online, I am one of those shoppers that has to buy in person).

My highest recommendations to anyone!!!