Erborian BB Cream au Ginseng

4.2

on 7/7/2018 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I so didn't want to like this product as it's not cheap - unfortunately I love it! I bought the sample size in Dore and Nude as I currently have a slight tan ( normally NW20). This product is amazing & I don't know how it works but it does. I apply it with my fingertips and achieve a light-medium coverage which simply makes my skin look like skin but better. I allow it to soak in then add translucent powder (RCMA) and bang I now have a good medium coverage which just makes my skin look amazing. The powder does lift the colour thus it suits my NW20 skin perfectly. I have super oily skin (thanks peri menopause) but after 8 hours my skin just looks glowing (yes it's oily but doesn't look it); I blot it with papers and that's me good for 12-13 hours! Added to this my skin likes it. I've had problems with breakouts recently but since using this my skin is behaving beautifully. I really can't fault this BB cream except the price. Having said that you only need a pea size amount for your whole face and wow is it quick to apply for perfection. I've tried the CC cream in the same way and whilst it's good and performs in much the same manner I prefer the extra coverage the BB cream gives you. Obviously this is my experience and I recommend the sample size first, but I think I've found my HG!

on 12/3/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is actually 5 in 1 rather than posted 3in 1 but package in picture shows the 5 I n1 so I think it is just an error. I purchased this from Sephora during the Rogue discount. I really desire a B.B. Cream or CC cream for easy daily wear when I don’t want a lot of makeup. I’ve tried so many of these products over the years, high end to drugstore. Rarely can I find a color match. I am light and cool toned. IT Cosmetics CC cream in fair is too light and too yellow and the color light matches perfectly until it oxidizes into an orange disaster on my skin. Clinique CC Cream exact same. Most Department store brands don’t even make a light and cool enough shade so I had given up.
I stumbled on a review of this and decided to order it with the thought I’d likely be returning.
This has been a wonderful surprise! When I first begin applying, it looks slightly grey but as soon as product is blended it is a perfect match. My color is lightest one, Claire I believe. This offers light to medium coverage. I wear my regular moisturizer and sunscreen underneath. This does not cling to dry patches, evens out skin tone and provides a nice skin type finish. I can layer a second coat in areas I want a bit more coverage and do not need to set with powder. I work in the surgical environment and place and remove a mask on my face multiple times daily and this product held up! Towards the end of an 8 hour shift this had mostly worn off, however it wears off in the best way of any product I’ve ever used. It just gradually fades, no seperating, no areas where product has migrated or is patchy.
I tested all week before writing this review and must say I am pleasantly surprised by this product! This will likely be my summer go to product and I can see wearing this whenever I am not in the mood for foundation.
I totally recommend this product for anyone with normal to dry skin (I’m dry) who has struggled to find a B.B. Cream that is cool toned enough, doesn’t oxidize at all and wears wonderfully. It also has SPF 20 which is an added bonus though not adequate enough on its own.
Very happy!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

To me, this is an HG product. This covers all the bases of what a great BB cream should be. I'm about an NC 30-35 and the color Dore is perfect. I don't have great skin by any means- hyperpigmentation, acne scars on cheeks, dehydrated skin, very clog prone and overall, just blah. This BB cream is medium coverage. It's a creamy texture and I usually use a sponge to pat into skin and it works magic, folks. Seriously. I feel pretty confident when I wear this. Albeit, my scars are probably still visible but it doesn't bother me as much. I have combo oily skin. I do get a little shiny but it's nothing huge. Let's just say, it gives me a dewy look after a few hours. It covers pores pretty well and it gives that my skin but better look. I love the SPF factor and the skin loving ingredients. I have skin that rejects a lot of products because it rather breaks me out, makes me itchy or just dry. This does neither of those things. I like the fact that it's lightweight feeling and I hardly feel anything. There is barely any oxidation that I can detect. It stays true to its color til the end of the day. I tend to venture out and try other BB creams and tinted moisturizers, but I tell you, I keep coming back to this, which is why I feel like it's my HG. And we all know how hard it is to find an HG product in our routine. I've been using this for over a little 3 months and I do feel like my skin texture has improved.I don't know what magic voodoo is in this, but i will keep at it. It truly works wonders.

I have normal-sensitive skin which often dries out so I am not fond of any makeup-foundation in general. This product is great for sensitive-dry skin but I am pretty sure it would also be good for oily skin since I sort of feel it controls oil. Even though I am not sure if it mattifies per se it also does not produce any oils whatsoever. I love this product because it gives me this nice glow when my face looks tired due to the lack of sleep but at the same time it does not cover up my entire face and it lets my freckles show. But if you have pimples and you want to cover them up completely this is not the product for you. The coverage is very light which is why i love this product. I used to never wear any makeup because 1. personally I do not like aesthetically makeup covered faces, 2. even so-called light foundations usually feel so heavy on me and too covering, but that is only my personal taste. All in all, this is a very good product that does not cause any skin problems but respects it and if you want a really good product that will give you a very VERY light coverage with an air brushed feeling. But if you want more coverage this is not the product for you.

The only negative thing is the price. For me it is worth it, but if you are not willing to give this much money then I think you can search and find some good alternatives. But remember a little goes a long way! Also the smell is nice but barely noticeable which ia a plus for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't think they sell this exact product anymore... when I went to the shop it said "BB Cream Au Ginseng *5-in-1*" so I guess a little different? I depend on MUA so much for buying my products I figured I better start writing my own reviews. Disclaimer: I have never *really* used a BB cream before and I have only been using it for a little while so I can't really compare it but after getting super fed up with my American foundation after moving to Korea I decided to buy this (3 days ago). There are 2 shades, a pinky one and a yellowish nude one.. the lady recommended the yellow since I have some redness but even without that I could see it matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm super fair but have a bit of a yellow-ish undertone (Eastern European ladies would probably get me). Anyways, this stuff makes my skin look AMAZING. They gave me a sample of their primer and I haven't used it without it yet.. with the primer it's pretty dewy but I can't speak to how it is without it. I have dry skin and this goes on really smoothly. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and this doesn't really cover them but I think it definitely detracts from them/blurs them out. I'm already worried about what I'll do when I leave Korea... I'll keep using this unless some unforeseeable circumstance arises and if it does I'll come back and edit this review but as of now this is true love

oh yeah it's like $40 a tube which isn't cheap but worth it for me so far and a little goes a long way

EDIT: I stopped using primer underneath and it's definitely a dewy finish by itself. It might be an issue for people with oily skin/who don't like that look

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the lightest shade, claire. This BB cream comes out greyish but warms up on my skin. It matches my skin fair neutral pretty darn perfectly. It's thick and smooth and blends in easily. I usually use my fingers to apply it. It's a solid medium coverage, very natural finish, not makeupy at all. Every time I wear it I think my skin looks sooo nice. It hasn't been making me oily. This summer my bare minerals complexion perfecter has been getting very shiny and not holding up, but this has. I do set with a powder. It hasn't broken me out. And I've been wearing this on long work days and it has lasted. I'm really really loving this BB cream. I was sad when IT cosmetics cc cream didn't work out for me (broke me out), but I'm very happy with this one.

on 6/23/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is perfection. It goes on well, it stays on, it doesn't get cakey or shiny, it has sunscreen and makes my skin look great. I am on my second tube and will continue to purchase.

This product is a holy grail product for my sensitive, dry combination, cystic acne prone skin. I am currently on a prescription for retin-a, which has turned my lifetime oily skin into a very dry and peeling one, and it has been very difficult adjusting my makeup routine to fit this change. This product has made my adjustment a thousand times easier.

Usually, I like to find medium coverage BB/CC creams that are buildable, and very natural. This has been the best product to date that I have tried and loved for my skin fitting this criteria. Though it goes on a whitish color and has a very faint (baby like?) scent, it blends to match my fair complexion perfectly, and covers my acne JUST enough to not look like I'm wearing anything, but that my skin is just radiant and even-toned. The staying power lasts my ten hour work days, and I don't have to touch up my skin at all. Even the peeling around my mouth dissipates when I use this product, which is VERY difficult to come across.

My only complaint with this product is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find. Though I live in NYC, and have the convenience of many Sephora stores a subway ride away, more often than not this product is not in stock or is not carried by the location (I hate ordering online, I am one of those shoppers that has to buy in person).

My highest recommendations to anyone!!!

Soo, trying a lot of foundations an bb creams from high end to drugstore this one seems to be the real deal. It blends best using fingers and melts into your skin. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (yup all the good stuff :p ) and doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it make my skin oilier than it is. It stays well and i don't normally use powder in winter time, only in summer. Provides light\medium coverage. I use no primer underneath just my moisturizer.
The only con is the shade range..
Love this and how light it feels on my skin plus i don't have to worry whether it will make me break out or not! And it's not a pain to take off either! Perfect for everyday use, for special events i would choose something without spf and heavier duty.

on 1/23/2017 3:07:00 PM

Life changing!! No single product alone has ever made my skin look so good! When I'm in a hurry all I need is this, and some tinted lip balm. Not greasy at all, and blends easily.