Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Erborian 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng
3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.3

Soo, trying a lot of foundations an bb creams from high end to drugstore this one seems to be the real deal. It blends best using fingers and melts into your skin. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin (yup all the good stuff :p ) and doesn't cling to dry patches nor does it make my skin oilier than it is. It stays well and i don't normally use powder in winter time, only in summer. Provides light\medium coverage. I use no primer underneath just my moisturizer.
The only con is the shade range..
Love this and how light it feels on my skin plus i don't have to worry whether it will make me break out or not! And it's not a pain to take off either! Perfect for everyday use, for special events i would choose something without spf and heavier duty.

on 1/23/2017 3:07:00 PM

Life changing!! No single product alone has ever made my skin look so good! When I'm in a hurry all I need is this, and some tinted lip balm. Not greasy at all, and blends easily.

on 12/22/2016 1:40:00 PM

You know how something is so good, you already swear to make it your best kept secret? This is one of them.

But I'm not one to talk.

For years, I've been having horrible insecurities with acne, searching for a BB cream within an affordable range that doesn't care to introduce a newer species of acne that I haven't already kept a track of in my mental list at 2am in the morning. And this is not a secret that I would want to selfishly keep to myself.

I've had my fair share of Laneige, Lancome and many other BB creams from drugstores to the more expensive brands, promising to take good care of my skin. But nothing has really worked in terms of coverage and that healthy glow like this particular baby. Easy application, swift to help the acne and pores out. On a normal day, I skip primer (since it can also be used one) and use it as a foundation under my BareMinerals mineral veil, getting way more lasting coverage than my usual Laneige bb compact provides. It's also obvious that the formula works great with my skin, where I've gotten less oily patches and my pores are barely visible even after a good 8 hours. For a few extra bucks, I would invest in this for that extra boost of confidence that my skin is well taken care of.

I've learnt to work with makeup products that don't try too hard to please, but stay in their game and do it exceptionally well. I'm as impressed, if not more, as the other reviewers and am so happy to have found something this good. I'm definitely a convert and it would be a tough feat for something in the market to beat this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this bb cream! For oily skin gals you need to powder over it but otherwise conceals redness and makes your skin glow without looking like you have makeup on. This is always out of stock in Sephora and now i know why.

on 6/15/2016 6:57:00 PM

This BB cream is amazing, guys.

I don't normally purchase a lot of make-up, I just generally do it when I have tried some sample that I was given or I heard amazing reviews about a product. This BB cream was tried out with 2 samples that lady from the shop gave to me.

This product is extremely profitable, it lasts a really long time. I love the finish of it - that is more on the velvety side. If you acne and/or acne scars this product does help. Korean brands are often known for whitening properties on their products since Asian culture prefers a Snow White fair complexion. So your skin tone tends to get more even with the use of this product as well as the texture. It's very hydrating but not to point of creating oils on the skin throughout the day. My skin feels really nice when have this product on and after cleansing my face, it feels exactly as a baby skin - really smooth.

This also contains SPF, which is really important aka a must for acne prone skin type since we tend have a lot of scaring.

For the down side... It can be a little pricy, I guess it depends where you actually purchase it but from what I have seen the price range is higher than drugstore make-up. It also just comes in 3 shades, that I believe are the most common within the Asian countries So it's not a product that actually matches with a lot of people.

But if you are more to the lightest to medium skin shades with a bit of a yellow-ish undertone, then this product is good for you.

Personally, my skin tends more to be on severe acne and I really enjoyed this product. I would definitely re-purchase it again!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really good

on 5/17/2016 8:23:00 PM

I got this as a sample in both colors and none of them suited me.

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 3/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about 5 years now, it is my absolute HG bb creme, or base of any kind at all. It gives a lovely satin finish and feels light and non greasy, with a light to medium coverage that you can easily control by the amount of product you use.

I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that Is oily down the centre with dry cheeks. This minimises my pores and redness, feels soothing when applied, is non greasy and my skin feels great at the end of the day. I work in an office with crappy air con and travel between sites a lot in busy smelly traffic. If set with powder this lasts out the day and actually protects my skin from all the pollutants and aircon. I can actually tell the difference when I don't wear it, my skin is genuinely better after a day of having worn this than not. And in photos my skin looks flawless.

I buy this in both Clair and Dore and mix them in varying amounts throughout the year to get my perfect shade. You don't need a lot so it lasts forever.

I set this with a powder if I'm going to work, and in summer I also add a spay of skindinavia oil control down the centre of my face as it gets hot and humid where I am and I wear glasses which causes most products to wear around my nose bridge. If I do this it's seriously on until I wash my face at night. Normal days I just wear this and only set under where my glasses sit, and I will get some wear on that area.

Only cons at all are that this is getting harder and harder for me to find. It's not sold in NZ and used to be able to easily order online, now not so much. It's stupidly expensive because of this, but on the other hand lasts so long that it really balances out the price.