Erborian - 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng "baby skin effect"

Erborian - 3-1 BB Cream au Ginseng

4.2

on 6/15/2016 6:57:00 PM

This BB cream is amazing, guys.

I don't normally purchase a lot of make-up, I just generally do it when I have tried some sample that I was given or I heard amazing reviews about a product. This BB cream was tried out with 2 samples that lady from the shop gave to me.

This product is extremely profitable, it lasts a really long time. I love the finish of it - that is more on the velvety side. If you acne and/or acne scars this product does help. Korean brands are often known for whitening properties on their products since Asian culture prefers a Snow White fair complexion. So your skin tone tends to get more even with the use of this product as well as the texture. It's very hydrating but not to point of creating oils on the skin throughout the day. My skin feels really nice when have this product on and after cleansing my face, it feels exactly as a baby skin - really smooth.

This also contains SPF, which is really important aka a must for acne prone skin type since we tend have a lot of scaring.

For the down side... It can be a little pricy, I guess it depends where you actually purchase it but from what I have seen the price range is higher than drugstore make-up. It also just comes in 3 shades, that I believe are the most common within the Asian countries So it's not a product that actually matches with a lot of people.

But if you are more to the lightest to medium skin shades with a bit of a yellow-ish undertone, then this product is good for you.

Personally, my skin tends more to be on severe acne and I really enjoyed this product. I would definitely re-purchase it again!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really good

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 8:23:00 PM

I got this as a sample in both colors and none of them suited me.

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 3/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about 5 years now, it is my absolute HG bb creme, or base of any kind at all. It gives a lovely satin finish and feels light and non greasy, with a light to medium coverage that you can easily control by the amount of product you use.

I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that Is oily down the centre with dry cheeks. This minimises my pores and redness, feels soothing when applied, is non greasy and my skin feels great at the end of the day. I work in an office with crappy air con and travel between sites a lot in busy smelly traffic. If set with powder this lasts out the day and actually protects my skin from all the pollutants and aircon. I can actually tell the difference when I don't wear it, my skin is genuinely better after a day of having worn this than not. And in photos my skin looks flawless.

I buy this in both Clair and Dore and mix them in varying amounts throughout the year to get my perfect shade. You don't need a lot so it lasts forever.

I set this with a powder if I'm going to work, and in summer I also add a spay of skindinavia oil control down the centre of my face as it gets hot and humid where I am and I wear glasses which causes most products to wear around my nose bridge. If I do this it's seriously on until I wash my face at night. Normal days I just wear this and only set under where my glasses sit, and I will get some wear on that area.

Only cons at all are that this is getting harder and harder for me to find. It's not sold in NZ and used to be able to easily order online, now not so much. It's stupidly expensive because of this, but on the other hand lasts so long that it really balances out the price.

on 3/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this BB creme people compliment my skin saying how great it looks, how smooth and one person even said my skin was like butter. So, now I'm wearing it every day! I got this as a sample originally and thought the Dore color might be too dark for my fair to medium skin. But it blended beautifully and made my red splotches and dark circles disappear. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and i wear serum and moisturizer under this BB creme and my skin looks fabulous. I haven't used any foundation since I found this and will definitely repurchase it!

Very good but prefer the cc cream

on 7/9/2014 8:34:00 PM

I've tried so many BB creams and this is by far the best for my skin. I have oily/acne prone skin. This covers red spots and pimples really well, covers my dark undereye circles completely, I don't even bother with concealer! I've been using it for over a year and it never causes breakouts, is amazing for dry skin after I've done a chemical peel, just balances out the look and feel of my skin.

I mix the light with the dore (darker shade) and it's the perfect colour for my light-medium pink toned skin. You can buy these in smaller sizes for travelling or to trial the BB cream and see if you like it.

I do get oily around lunchtime but that's normal for me with any makeup, I just dust with Bare Minerals veil powder and then it's back to normal.

I don't think this is expensive but then I'm happy to spend money on skincare/makeup if it works!

on 7/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

been using erborian bb cream light and dore for a year now - cant live without it! improved my skin too! i wish the packaging was cuter tho.. ^_^