Erborian BB Cream au Ginseng

Erborian BB Cream au Ginseng
BB Cream au GinsengBB Cream au Ginseng

4.2

on 10/18/2018 3:50:00 PM

I am on my third tube of this, I love, love, love it. It covers what it needs to cover, doesn't dry out my skin and looks super natural. I actually use it on top of the CC Crème from Erborian. I am extra pale with dry skin and this is perfect.

on 7/15/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are fair or pale, and especially if you are on the warm/yellow side, and especially again if you are looking for good coverage, I'd skip this. I'm fair-to-light, neutral-cool, and the lightest shade (Clair) is a touch too dark (though I'm picky) and a bit muddy brown-pink. (When I first applied it, it looked quite brown, but then after a few minutes it became less brownish.)

The coverage is pretty sheer, so if the color is off it doesn't matter as much as with foundation, but you'll need concealer even for minor blemishes. It seems like a Dr. Jart - lite to me. Less coverage than Dr. Jart and Missha and Clinique CC Cream, and maybe about the same coverage as Dior Nude BB Cream.

Nice texture and it blends well. But there are so many other BB/CC creams out there that seem to offer more; I can't think of anything particularly special about this one, at least in the light shade.

on 7/7/2018 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I so didn't want to like this product as it's not cheap - unfortunately I love it! I bought the sample size in Dore and Nude as I currently have a slight tan ( normally NW20). This product is amazing & I don't know how it works but it does. I apply it with my fingertips and achieve a light-medium coverage which simply makes my skin look like skin but better. I allow it to soak in then add translucent powder (RCMA) and bang I now have a good medium coverage which just makes my skin look amazing. The powder does lift the colour thus it suits my NW20 skin perfectly. I have super oily skin (thanks peri menopause) but after 8 hours my skin just looks glowing (yes it's oily but doesn't look it); I blot it with papers and that's me good for 12-13 hours! Added to this my skin likes it. I've had problems with breakouts recently but since using this my skin is behaving beautifully. I really can't fault this BB cream except the price. Having said that you only need a pea size amount for your whole face and wow is it quick to apply for perfection. I've tried the CC cream in the same way and whilst it's good and performs in much the same manner I prefer the extra coverage the BB cream gives you. Obviously this is my experience and I recommend the sample size first, but I think I've found my HG!

on 2/28/2018 3:59:00 PM

It doesn't get cakey, it doesn't oxidise and makes my skin look great.... However, I felt it being very heavy an dense on the skin. Eventually, I ended up with a break out. My skin usually doesn't go well with sunscreen, so that was probably why. But, overall, the product did't wowed me. It just seemed like yet another BB cream without any distinct feature to justify the hefty price tag.

on 12/27/2017 4:14:00 PM

Really wanted to like this but then I found out that they are an especially brutal brand to animals. I will not support them anymore.

on 12/3/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is actually 5 in 1 rather than posted 3in 1 but package in picture shows the 5 I n1 so I think it is just an error. I purchased this from Sephora during the Rogue discount. I really desire a B.B. Cream or CC cream for easy daily wear when I don’t want a lot of makeup. I’ve tried so many of these products over the years, high end to drugstore. Rarely can I find a color match. I am light and cool toned. IT Cosmetics CC cream in fair is too light and too yellow and the color light matches perfectly until it oxidizes into an orange disaster on my skin. Clinique CC Cream exact same. Most Department store brands don’t even make a light and cool enough shade so I had given up.
I stumbled on a review of this and decided to order it with the thought I’d likely be returning.
This has been a wonderful surprise! When I first begin applying, it looks slightly grey but as soon as product is blended it is a perfect match. My color is lightest one, Claire I believe. This offers light to medium coverage. I wear my regular moisturizer and sunscreen underneath. This does not cling to dry patches, evens out skin tone and provides a nice skin type finish. I can layer a second coat in areas I want a bit more coverage and do not need to set with powder. I work in the surgical environment and place and remove a mask on my face multiple times daily and this product held up! Towards the end of an 8 hour shift this had mostly worn off, however it wears off in the best way of any product I’ve ever used. It just gradually fades, no seperating, no areas where product has migrated or is patchy.
I tested all week before writing this review and must say I am pleasantly surprised by this product! This will likely be my summer go to product and I can see wearing this whenever I am not in the mood for foundation.
I totally recommend this product for anyone with normal to dry skin (I’m dry) who has struggled to find a B.B. Cream that is cool toned enough, doesn’t oxidize at all and wears wonderfully. It also has SPF 20 which is an added bonus though not adequate enough on its own.
Very happy!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

To me, this is an HG product. This covers all the bases of what a great BB cream should be. I'm about an NC 30-35 and the color Dore is perfect. I don't have great skin by any means- hyperpigmentation, acne scars on cheeks, dehydrated skin, very clog prone and overall, just blah. This BB cream is medium coverage. It's a creamy texture and I usually use a sponge to pat into skin and it works magic, folks. Seriously. I feel pretty confident when I wear this. Albeit, my scars are probably still visible but it doesn't bother me as much. I have combo oily skin. I do get a little shiny but it's nothing huge. Let's just say, it gives me a dewy look after a few hours. It covers pores pretty well and it gives that my skin but better look. I love the SPF factor and the skin loving ingredients. I have skin that rejects a lot of products because it rather breaks me out, makes me itchy or just dry. This does neither of those things. I like the fact that it's lightweight feeling and I hardly feel anything. There is barely any oxidation that I can detect. It stays true to its color til the end of the day. I tend to venture out and try other BB creams and tinted moisturizers, but I tell you, I keep coming back to this, which is why I feel like it's my HG. And we all know how hard it is to find an HG product in our routine. I've been using this for over a little 3 months and I do feel like my skin texture has improved.I don't know what magic voodoo is in this, but i will keep at it. It truly works wonders.

I have normal-sensitive skin which often dries out so I am not fond of any makeup-foundation in general. This product is great for sensitive-dry skin but I am pretty sure it would also be good for oily skin since I sort of feel it controls oil. Even though I am not sure if it mattifies per se it also does not produce any oils whatsoever. I love this product because it gives me this nice glow when my face looks tired due to the lack of sleep but at the same time it does not cover up my entire face and it lets my freckles show. But if you have pimples and you want to cover them up completely this is not the product for you. The coverage is very light which is why i love this product. I used to never wear any makeup because 1. personally I do not like aesthetically makeup covered faces, 2. even so-called light foundations usually feel so heavy on me and too covering, but that is only my personal taste. All in all, this is a very good product that does not cause any skin problems but respects it and if you want a really good product that will give you a very VERY light coverage with an air brushed feeling. But if you want more coverage this is not the product for you.

The only negative thing is the price. For me it is worth it, but if you are not willing to give this much money then I think you can search and find some good alternatives. But remember a little goes a long way! Also the smell is nice but barely noticeable which ia a plus for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't think they sell this exact product anymore... when I went to the shop it said "BB Cream Au Ginseng *5-in-1*" so I guess a little different? I depend on MUA so much for buying my products I figured I better start writing my own reviews. Disclaimer: I have never *really* used a BB cream before and I have only been using it for a little while so I can't really compare it but after getting super fed up with my American foundation after moving to Korea I decided to buy this (3 days ago). There are 2 shades, a pinky one and a yellowish nude one.. the lady recommended the yellow since I have some redness but even without that I could see it matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm super fair but have a bit of a yellow-ish undertone (Eastern European ladies would probably get me). Anyways, this stuff makes my skin look AMAZING. They gave me a sample of their primer and I haven't used it without it yet.. with the primer it's pretty dewy but I can't speak to how it is without it. I have dry skin and this goes on really smoothly. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and this doesn't really cover them but I think it definitely detracts from them/blurs them out. I'm already worried about what I'll do when I leave Korea... I'll keep using this unless some unforeseeable circumstance arises and if it does I'll come back and edit this review but as of now this is true love

oh yeah it's like $40 a tube which isn't cheap but worth it for me so far and a little goes a long way

EDIT: I stopped using primer underneath and it's definitely a dewy finish by itself. It might be an issue for people with oily skin/who don't like that look

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the lightest shade, claire. This BB cream comes out greyish but warms up on my skin. It matches my skin fair neutral pretty darn perfectly. It's thick and smooth and blends in easily. I usually use my fingers to apply it. It's a solid medium coverage, very natural finish, not makeupy at all. Every time I wear it I think my skin looks sooo nice. It hasn't been making me oily. This summer my bare minerals complexion perfecter has been getting very shiny and not holding up, but this has. I do set with a powder. It hasn't broken me out. And I've been wearing this on long work days and it has lasted. I'm really really loving this BB cream. I was sad when IT cosmetics cc cream didn't work out for me (broke me out), but I'm very happy with this one.