Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has great smoothing properties without being greasy and it has a nice coconut and cocoa butter scent. My hair adores keratin based products and this is a good addition to my hair serum collection. It softens and gives my hair gloss and is wonderful for heat styling. It is moderately heavy so I like to reserve it for days when I don't wear my hair curly. Helps a lot with manageability. I can say that the anti-breakage claims are accurate as I have experienced less hair fall out in the shower. I wish this came with a pump but I can tolerate it.

on 10/12/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes. I will buy this again. And again. And again.
I'm writing a review for this serum In particular as opposed to the handful of others I've tried recently as it's been making noticeable improvements in my hair. I have other serums that I love, but this one is pretty special.
First off, I don't trust Organix hair products much due to their consistently awful reviews, and because I tried their morroccan oil and it sucked. I got this serum knowing it's Organix and taking the risk, since the ingredients list is quite unique, and I wanted a protein-infused alternative to my regular serums. Not only does it have keratin, but there's other goodies in there like avocado oil and coconut oil.
The packaging is, like most other reviewers have stated, annoying. Yes, it's a cute shape and has a pretty brown and gold color scheme, but the bottle's opening just makes dispensing the product a messy ordeal. I like serums with pumps. It's just more logical and efficient.
Of course, it's what's on the inside that counts, though. This serum is non-sticky, relatively light, goes on smooth, and smells AMAZING. I use a couple of nickel-sized drops on my wet hair after detangling (note: this amount might be too much for some, as I have very thick hair), run it through, and let air dry.
As my hair air dries, it's SO much shinier, healthier, softer and plumper than when I use other serums. The fragrance doesn't really linger, unfortunately, but that's not a problem. Frizz is basically obliterated, but my volume isn't taken away in the process. My curls look defined and shiny and maintain flow.
I truly wish I could use this serum every time I wash my hair, but I wouldn't want my locks to get used to it, and protein overloads are never a good thing. This brilliant serum is DEFINITELY staying on my dresser, and I'll continue to repurchase. (Doesn't hurt that it's not too pricey, either! :D)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sadly disappointed with my high hopes for this product. I have been wanting to try a Moroccan oil for some time and was deciding between this and the blue Argan bottle of this by Organix. I chose this based on the reviews below.

I found the formula to be sticky and heavier than what I used to use (BioSilk) and that it did not improve the condition of my hair or allow for easier styling or improved slip. I bought it the day after I cut my hair from bra-length to above shoulder length, too, so I imagined this would make my hair really great/perfect after removing six inches of length. It is about as heavy as the John Frieda serum you have to apply to wet hair (maybe that is what I should try next) rather than damp. My hair just felt sticky and gross after I applied the pea-size amount, and I had to wash my hands before blowing dry.

I have had a lot better luck with BioSilk (which I can apply on my skin after I use it) --not sticky at all even though it is a cone--and I have had good luck with Garnier's clear Anti-Frizz sleek and shine serum. I didn't care much for John Frieda's just due to heaviness and how it felt on my hair, and that is how I feel about the Organix one too. Sad!

Popular Styling Products