OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

4.2

on 1/10/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, a few things. I am not a huge Organix fan to start. I bought 3 products on sale this last time and returned two. But I kept this. The bottle design is kind of crappy, so you just have to be careful with it. Also, I don't straighten or have straight hair. I just know my hair likes the oils in this. So over all, I like this, since I kept it, and I like that the ingredients were overall pretty natural (and silicone). I think this works pretty well, but nothing is a miracle. I do find I like it better than other more drying serums or other oil products. I do love the smell. I tend to use this after dying/bleaching. I may try the coconut one next since it also has good reviews.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have used this a few times now and can day I have been fairly suprised by this serum. Because it wasn't hugely pricey I didn't have the highest expectations, because my hair is so dry and damaged from straightening I usually find that the more expensive products work the best. However, on this occasion I have found this serum to be suprising! It has made my hair softer, shinier, healthier looking as well as making it better to straighten. Whats even better is that you don't need a lot to see a difference in the condition of the hair, which is why it comes in a neat little bottle. Would definitely consider buying it again if it continues to work well on my hair.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have pretty mixed feelings about this serum. On the one hand, I do feel that my hair gets a little stronger after using. Nothing miracle-like, but still noticeable. The serum is somewhat thin, which I actually appreciate. It's easy to distribute through my hair. But it also runs out of the bottle really easily and you end up with too much product. The smell's ok, not my favorite but not unbearable either. A bottle does last forever, though.

I personally just don't see enough of a difference in my hair to repurchase.

on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This product is my absolute favorite smell in the world! I find a little goes a very long way, but you have to be careful because the product is quite runny. I bought this for $7 at Ulta, which I think isn't bad because there are a ton of uses in one bottle. I apply it to my ends after towel drying and I think it makes a huge difference when I straighten my hair. I typically have relatively dry hair that is very curly, so it is nice when my ends look healthy after flat ironing.

on 10/12/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes. I will buy this again. And again. And again.
I'm writing a review for this serum In particular as opposed to the handful of others I've tried recently as it's been making noticeable improvements in my hair. I have other serums that I love, but this one is pretty special.
First off, I don't trust Organix hair products much due to their consistently awful reviews, and because I tried their morroccan oil and it sucked. I got this serum knowing it's Organix and taking the risk, since the ingredients list is quite unique, and I wanted a protein-infused alternative to my regular serums. Not only does it have keratin, but there's other goodies in there like avocado oil and coconut oil.
The packaging is, like most other reviewers have stated, annoying. Yes, it's a cute shape and has a pretty brown and gold color scheme, but the bottle's opening just makes dispensing the product a messy ordeal. I like serums with pumps. It's just more logical and efficient.
Of course, it's what's on the inside that counts, though. This serum is non-sticky, relatively light, goes on smooth, and smells AMAZING. I use a couple of nickel-sized drops on my wet hair after detangling (note: this amount might be too much for some, as I have very thick hair), run it through, and let air dry.
As my hair air dries, it's SO much shinier, healthier, softer and plumper than when I use other serums. The fragrance doesn't really linger, unfortunately, but that's not a problem. Frizz is basically obliterated, but my volume isn't taken away in the process. My curls look defined and shiny and maintain flow.
I truly wish I could use this serum every time I wash my hair, but I wouldn't want my locks to get used to it, and protein overloads are never a good thing. This brilliant serum is DEFINITELY staying on my dresser, and I'll continue to repurchase. (Doesn't hurt that it's not too pricey, either! :D)

on 6/19/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WOW! I used to use the John Frieda Lite serum, but its been discontinued. I used up the last of my stash and was forced to find a replacement. I was worried, as I have baby fine hair and most serums just weigh my hair down. I read the reviews on this product and checked it out. I'm in love. This is as light as the John Frieda, but smells 100x better! Not greasy (unless you pile it on), controls frizzies in humid, Florida summer weather and gives a mirror-like shine. Easy to wash out, too, doesn't weigh your hair down. What else I love? That my hair feels like silk when I run my hand through it. I have some seriously sexy hair now! My only complaint is the packaging. A pump would be less messy!

Popular Styling Products