Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sadly disappointed with my high hopes for this product. I have been wanting to try a Moroccan oil for some time and was deciding between this and the blue Argan bottle of this by Organix. I chose this based on the reviews below.

I found the formula to be sticky and heavier than what I used to use (BioSilk) and that it did not improve the condition of my hair or allow for easier styling or improved slip. I bought it the day after I cut my hair from bra-length to above shoulder length, too, so I imagined this would make my hair really great/perfect after removing six inches of length. It is about as heavy as the John Frieda serum you have to apply to wet hair (maybe that is what I should try next) rather than damp. My hair just felt sticky and gross after I applied the pea-size amount, and I had to wash my hands before blowing dry.

I have had a lot better luck with BioSilk (which I can apply on my skin after I use it) --not sticky at all even though it is a cone--and I have had good luck with Garnier's clear Anti-Frizz sleek and shine serum. I didn't care much for John Frieda's just due to heaviness and how it felt on my hair, and that is how I feel about the Organix one too. Sad!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the name of the product, sounds so exotic as its beautiful smell. However, the product was too much like liquid for its packaging quality, and so there was some excessive wastage.

Firstly, I have waste length hair that everyone comments on how beautiful and smooth it is because i am obsessed with its condition to the point i ALWAYS wear a hat to protect it from the sun.

The product is good at protecting the hair shaft, making it smooth and detangle. However, the oil in the product is hard to remove so I had to shampoo it quite a bit (READ: damaging) to remove it, making my hair dry as you should not scrub the long lengths with a shampoo.

The worst - in summer it make my hair so itchy and I started breaking out in dermatitis and flies LOVE that coconut smell in summer, as the heat starts making smell like vomit after a while. So sad:(

i was really hoping to be in love with this stuff. Oils work very well on my hair, but this one did not. It actually made my hair frizzier than anything. It did speed up drying time. It made my hair kind of dull at first, but then after i straightened my hair i put a little bit more on, and it made it a little more shinier, but not much. My hair honestly looks way better without it. I always get compliments on my hair, and i couldn't wait to wash this stuff out of my hair. and i honestly didn't notice any difference in helping with the breakage. It does smell amazing though, thats pretty much the only thing i liked about this product. It is pretty expensive for such a little bottle, but a little goes a long way with this and it will last you for a while no matter what type of hair you have. The way it's packaged can get kind of messy after a while, but i still think the bottle is cute. it's honestly nothing special, not worth the money. I would not repurchase. there are so many better products than this. Not a fan of Organix products.

on 6/14/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like the smell of most of the organix line& this one is no diffrent.smells like summer.. but I never really noticed a diffrence between them and my moms suave she used to make me use as a teen but this was on sale & my daughter has curly spring curls& needs a little defrizzing that her deva curl wasnt totally helping with so i decided to give this a try.it makes both my kids hair shiny& silky wich dont happen often as they inherted my thick hair& their dads kinky thick hair ( im hlf alskan native, my husband&their father is hlf black) my daughter has sumwhat fine, thick springy curls and most african hair products are to heavy & greasy for her but regular curl products dont moistuize enuf.my sons hair has thick, course hair that has lost some of its curl do to us having it shaved off frequently (he luvs his curlies but dont wanna take care of it everyday so he dont go to school with flat spots&poof) he can use the heavier stuff but with 4 people in the house with diffrent hair types its nice to find a product that works for everyone..I can use this in my thick, fine, straight hair& its not to greasy looking&dont weight my hair down( i dont use heat tools)but I can only use this once between shampoos, with my kids I put this on everyday after spritzing it damp so i can comb tangles..put that in, then a little dolop of deva curl arc anGEL& pencil curl to help define the curls better.the gel holds&the oil adds shine&softness.for me it just adds shine&softness but u only need a little at a time working ur way up , this I def something I will keep using this for my family

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this oil. I have some good things to say and some bad things as well. First of all, It smells amazing kinda like the smell of butterscotch candy. I followed the directions and put it on my towel dried hair..the product was really thick and kind of greasy. I have color treated & very damaged blonde hair so my hair soaked the product up. It seemed to make my hair really soft until I straightened it, my hair felt kind of stiff and dirty and the serum felt really heavy. I after straightening my hair It wasn't shiny one bit and didn't do what other hair serums do to my hair. The product is okay, I don't think I will buy it again.

It's decent, not the best. I use it when I travel because the bottle is small. I don't love it, but it's better than nothing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have pretty mixed feelings about this serum. On the one hand, I do feel that my hair gets a little stronger after using. Nothing miracle-like, but still noticeable. The serum is somewhat thin, which I actually appreciate. It's easy to distribute through my hair. But it also runs out of the bottle really easily and you end up with too much product. The smell's ok, not my favorite but not unbearable either. A bottle does last forever, though.

I personally just don't see enough of a difference in my hair to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is amazing stuff. I was previously using the Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating oil, but it seemed to be a bit... heavy. Then I tried this Brazilian Keratin Therapy anti breakage serum, and wow, what a difference.

It is much lighter in weight than the Penetrating Oil. I thought that a heavier weight serum would be better, but it turns out that the lighter weight anti breakage serum is even better for my medium-coarse sometimes dry hair.

It does have a slightly coconut or tropical scent, but I only notice it when I first put it on my hair. I use it after I've wrapped my hair up in a towel to dry a bit, and then apply this product right before I blow dry. I smooth it down on my ends and the longer parts of my hair, and then when I flip my hair up, I use what's left on my palms to smooth down the fly aways at the crown of my head. I've been really happy with it.

The only drawkback so far is that this comes in an opaque container, so I can't see exactly how much product is left. I can kind of use the weight of the container to estimate how much I have left, but I'd really prefer a clear container so as to better guess when I need to repurchase.

on 4/10/2014 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this serum. It smooths my hair beautifully and it smells divine! It's not too heavy and it makes my hair super soft.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. I really hate the opening lid because its prone to leakage. It also can pop open too easily, so not that great for travelling. I wish it had it a screw top or a pump with another lid, like most serums.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I wasn't too keen on buying this but it works fine with relaxed hair. If you like using natural products, this isn't for you. It's not water based. However, I love using this after I finish washing my hair. On occasions, I'll use this before I walk out the door (just a tad) and my hair has so much body from it!

Popular Styling Products