Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

4.2

on 3/7/2011 4:15:00 PM

First of all, this product smells a-MAAAAAA-zing. So, so, so good that I have to stop myself from using it too much because I would end up with a greasy mess atop my noggin. This is a silicone & oil serum that is to be applied to wet hair, pre-blowdry. I am not thrilled with the amount of silicones in this, but I have been pretty anti-silicone the last few years as I was trying and trying to deal with my wavy/curly/poofy hair with the Curly Girl method (no cones, no sulfates. But I wanted to try a keratin treatment, so now I am wearing my hair straight. This is not too thick, and doesn't leave my hair sticky. It leaves it soft and smooth. Did I happen to mention the smell? Yeah. That good. I have never tried Moroccan Oil but I am willing to bet this is similar and at a fraction of the cost. I would prefer that it come in a pump because I sometimes end up with too much in my hand with just the pour top. Other than that, it's a winner!

on 3/10/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'm using this along with the shampoo and conditioner. I like this more then the other Argan oils I've tried.

It leaves my hair very soft and smooth, and the fragrance is very, very warm and soft.

I use a little before drying and a little after

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I couldn't resist, i HAD to go out & get this today. My inner product junkie has been out of control lately :P
But this stuff, wow, it did not disappoint at all. My hair really doesn't have breakage problems, nor have I ever really seen a split end. It's just dry & since this product has great ingredients, i just thought i'd give it a try. Avocado oil is reallllly great for my kind of hair [fine, wavy]. It actually did smooth my hair a bit as well, & though it air dries frizzy & poofy if I don't at least scrunch, it tamed it somewhat. It was better than what I had hoped for. It actually preforms better than my Macadamia Nut Oil that I purchased, which has that & argan oil in it. My hair apparently likes this better :)

Though, it's kind of hard to get the product out without making somewhat of a mess. I tipped it slightly to get some out & it runs down the side from the opening. Messy, but I'll deal with it. Not a huge issue. The little package is cute though. I like it. This will definitely be a staple in my hair care routine if it keeps up the impressive work! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to use this for a good bit of time before I wrote this review. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it on wet hair before styling, and almost daily on dry hair just to give some polish and shine. I pour about a nickel size in my palms, rub together and just go over my whole head, if that makes any sense. The smell is nice but not loud or overpowering. It does not make my hair look greasy. It soaks right in and just gives a perfect effect. It makes my (very dry) hair look healthy and shiny and easier to style. I like this 100 times better than Morrocan Oil. I will definitely buy again. The bottle is lasting a long time, though, because it does not take much to do the trick. I don't recall the price but I got it al Walmart and I don't think it was very expensive at all.

on 4/22/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've beenusing this along with the shampoo and conditioner to maintain my Coppola Keratin Treatment. I mix it in with the shampoo and the conditioner in the shower. Then, I put it on my towel dried hair before blow-drying. It smells great and works well to smooth and shine my hair. I'm not thrilled with the package and find that I either get too much or too little. Overall, this is well worth the money and a great drugstore find. I will never go back to Moroccan oil again.

on 5/13/2011 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff. I feel like i'm ALWAYS on the hunt for something to help me get control of my hair that seems to be misbehaving all the time. Just when I thought I was out of luck, enter Organix. I applied the product to towel-dried hair that was still a little damp. I just let my hair airdry for the rest of the day. When I would take my hair out of the bun it was in all day, instead of a curly frizzy mess, it was still wavy, but smoother. It has cut down my styling time literally in HALF. It doesn't get rid of the natural curl I have, but makes it soo much easier to style.

It's cheap, smells AH-mazing!! (like coconut cotton candy!) The packaging is a little awkward, but is a great size if you travel a lot. All in all, it's fantastic for all you curly/wavy haired babes out there!!! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sadly disappointed with my high hopes for this product. I have been wanting to try a Moroccan oil for some time and was deciding between this and the blue Argan bottle of this by Organix. I chose this based on the reviews below.

I found the formula to be sticky and heavier than what I used to use (BioSilk) and that it did not improve the condition of my hair or allow for easier styling or improved slip. I bought it the day after I cut my hair from bra-length to above shoulder length, too, so I imagined this would make my hair really great/perfect after removing six inches of length. It is about as heavy as the John Frieda serum you have to apply to wet hair (maybe that is what I should try next) rather than damp. My hair just felt sticky and gross after I applied the pea-size amount, and I had to wash my hands before blowing dry.

I have had a lot better luck with BioSilk (which I can apply on my skin after I use it) --not sticky at all even though it is a cone--and I have had good luck with Garnier's clear Anti-Frizz sleek and shine serum. I didn't care much for John Frieda's just due to heaviness and how it felt on my hair, and that is how I feel about the Organix one too. Sad!

on 6/19/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WOW! I used to use the John Frieda Lite serum, but its been discontinued. I used up the last of my stash and was forced to find a replacement. I was worried, as I have baby fine hair and most serums just weigh my hair down. I read the reviews on this product and checked it out. I'm in love. This is as light as the John Frieda, but smells 100x better! Not greasy (unless you pile it on), controls frizzies in humid, Florida summer weather and gives a mirror-like shine. Easy to wash out, too, doesn't weigh your hair down. What else I love? That my hair feels like silk when I run my hand through it. I have some seriously sexy hair now! My only complaint is the packaging. A pump would be less messy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have long, straight hair that has a tiny bit of a natural wave. I used this product for the 1st time this morning, and I used a silver dollar sized amount I towel-dried hair which I definitely thought was too much. After blowdrying and straightening, it felt oily, but soft. It also was completely stick straight. About an hour into my day I noticed it felt a lot less oily and very soft. About 3 hours into my day there was a sudden downpour in FL summer heat and I got pretty wet. Normally my hair + rain + humidty = awful frizzy huge hair. But after my hair naturally dried while I was outside, I brushed it and realized it was super soft and without an ounce of frizz. I am COMPLETELY amazed.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is the BEST thing that ever happened to my hair. First of all, I have a tumultuous relationship with my hair. We've been through a lot, and lately I've been on the hunt to find a great product that will give my thick, wavy and naturally dry hair a serious makeover. Organix products have always piqued my interest for some reason, probably because of their beautiful scents and the yummy sounding names. I saw this Brazilian Keratin Serum on the shelf at CVS and gave it a whiff. So. good. It's a very warm and intoxicating scent, kind of like fresh coffee and cocoa beans, but that's probably because of the cocoa butter in the ingredients. There's also coconut oil, keratin, avocado oil and alot of cones in the list.

This serum is different than others I've tried. It doesn't make my hair feel greasy or coated in oils, it's actually pretty light. I worked a good amount into my damp towel dried hair and then after it dried, I rubbed a small amount all over my head, concentrating on the ends. My hair is now sleek, plush, healthy, lustrous and frizz-free. It's summer. It's hot. It's humid. That's a recipe for disaster for my hair. I get very frizzy waves, but this even made it STRAIGHT. It also aids in protecting the hair from breakage which is excellent since I'm trying to grow my hair really long. This has definitely become an HG product for me. I will repurchase and repurchase and repurchase!

*The only negative thing I have to say is that too much of the product can squirt out of the tube sometimes, and something with a pump or different packaging would be less messy. Other than that, total perfection! Loving my hair right now!

Popular Styling Products