OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is amazing stuff. I was previously using the Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating oil, but it seemed to be a bit... heavy. Then I tried this Brazilian Keratin Therapy anti breakage serum, and wow, what a difference.

It is much lighter in weight than the Penetrating Oil. I thought that a heavier weight serum would be better, but it turns out that the lighter weight anti breakage serum is even better for my medium-coarse sometimes dry hair.

It does have a slightly coconut or tropical scent, but I only notice it when I first put it on my hair. I use it after I've wrapped my hair up in a towel to dry a bit, and then apply this product right before I blow dry. I smooth it down on my ends and the longer parts of my hair, and then when I flip my hair up, I use what's left on my palms to smooth down the fly aways at the crown of my head. I've been really happy with it.

The only drawkback so far is that this comes in an opaque container, so I can't see exactly how much product is left. I can kind of use the weight of the container to estimate how much I have left, but I'd really prefer a clear container so as to better guess when I need to repurchase.

on 6/19/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

WOW! I used to use the John Frieda Lite serum, but its been discontinued. I used up the last of my stash and was forced to find a replacement. I was worried, as I have baby fine hair and most serums just weigh my hair down. I read the reviews on this product and checked it out. I'm in love. This is as light as the John Frieda, but smells 100x better! Not greasy (unless you pile it on), controls frizzies in humid, Florida summer weather and gives a mirror-like shine. Easy to wash out, too, doesn't weigh your hair down. What else I love? That my hair feels like silk when I run my hand through it. I have some seriously sexy hair now! My only complaint is the packaging. A pump would be less messy!

on 3/7/2011 4:15:00 PM

First of all, this product smells a-MAAAAAA-zing. So, so, so good that I have to stop myself from using it too much because I would end up with a greasy mess atop my noggin. This is a silicone & oil serum that is to be applied to wet hair, pre-blowdry. I am not thrilled with the amount of silicones in this, but I have been pretty anti-silicone the last few years as I was trying and trying to deal with my wavy/curly/poofy hair with the Curly Girl method (no cones, no sulfates. But I wanted to try a keratin treatment, so now I am wearing my hair straight. This is not too thick, and doesn't leave my hair sticky. It leaves it soft and smooth. Did I happen to mention the smell? Yeah. That good. I have never tried Moroccan Oil but I am willing to bet this is similar and at a fraction of the cost. I would prefer that it come in a pump because I sometimes end up with too much in my hand with just the pour top. Other than that, it's a winner!

Popular Styling Products