Living Proof Full Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Living Proof Full Shampoo

2.8

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been on a quest to find a new daily shampoo as I've moved and no longer have access to the salon brand I was using. I was excited to try this as I'd heard good reviews from several friends. In terms of lathering up it was nice, I didn't care much for the smell of it though and it was incredibly difficult to comb out my hair after using. Once I applied a leave in conditioner I was able to comb through my hair. The reason I won't be finishing the bottle or repurchasing is it created an almost instantaneous itch that after three uses I just couldn't get past. This has happened in the past with other shampoos though so take that with a grain of salt.

on 3/13/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with high hopes but the overpowering synthetic scent is disgusting. WHY do manufacturers think they can decide what I want to smell like?? Women wear so many products, and if each one is heavily scented, what a disaster. To say nothing of how cheap chemicals actually disrupt our hormones.

The shampoo seemed to make my hair fuller, but the smell precludes further use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

No matter what else I try, I just keep coming back to this shampoo!

on 10/28/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this shampoo. Last year I went through a phase while I was shocked and depressed and cut my hair to a pixie cut which was an awful idea given my face shape. Not to mention I dyed my hair electric blue. Then I've been growing it out in various bobs (Aline, etc); my hair is wavy and was quite thick but has been thinning out as I age (sob). This shampoo is amazing. It does slightly thicken the hair (nothing to ooh and aah over though) but it cleans really nicely, keeps it clean looking for 2 solid days (great given my oil scalp) and best of all it gives it bounce and shine (unlike B&B) with NO buildup, flakes (which I've noticed with Alterna and Phyto). Also, I am loving that this is keeping my hair color true even though its not marketed as a color preserving shampoo necessarily. I have subtle gold highlights in my brown hair and everyone just keeps commenting that my hair looks so great after summer sun-kissed-ness. I'll probably stick with this shampoo till I find something better though I'm not running out the door to look for anything new since I'm pretty darn satisfied at the moment. It comes with a snap top that can be tough to crack in the shower but at least you never waste product; I like that its clear and not too heavily fragranced, is a slip proof bottle and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (yeah its about 30 bucks but not too hefty for me I guess). I don't use the conditioner with this, I just put on some Phyto 7 afterwards on damp hair, though I must say this pairs really well with other Living Proof volumizing products like Amp and Lifting hairspray. New favorite hair brand!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This produduct is a dream came true!!! I can't belive that I finnaly found the perfect shampoo.
My hair is fine, a little thinning and medium lenght and I;m trying to growing it out. This shampoo helps me so much, as it makes my hair very very shiny, with a lot of mouvement (whitch is the most important for me) and a volume that is natural and very youthfull, it looks like the hair of 10 yers old girl ( I have 30).
So, if you have fine hair, this is the product of your dreams. I don't care about the price, it;s worth it!!!It smells great, makes a lot of foam and the result is amazing! you look like caming out of the hairdresser, but with very natural and touchable hair :) Amazing!I'll pourchase also the others products of the range for fine hair.

on 3/21/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i am completely baffled as to why so few people have mentioned the scent of this product line, and that the few who do feel that it has some light citrus or orange scent. these products are perhaps the most heavily perfumed i have ever tried (i sampled the thickening shampoo, thickening creme and root lift spray). if you don't like perfume, beware! it smells exactly like raid "country scent", and yes, the scent really lingers. do the products work? i don't know, i had to rinse them out of my hair immediately because the scent was so horrifying. such a shame. if you like heavy floral perfume-ignore this review!

on 2/3/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the small bottles of full thickening shampoo and conditioner. Yes there are no sulfates but the other ingredients are just as harmful. The next day, my hair was very greasy and needed to be washed again.

on 8/5/2013 2:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am about to finish my first full bottle of this shampoo and I love it. Leaves my hair soft and manageable, without making it limp (I have fine hair). Does add some volume, but nothing extraordinary. Overall, I am very happy with this shampoo, but it is pricey, so I probably wouldn't repurchase at full price.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought the small sample size of this from Mecca as I was in depsperate need of a new shampoo for my thick, wavy hair that I like to blow wave straight. I have a sensitive scalp and as this has no sulfates I thought I would give it a try. The first 2 washes were great, my hair came out soft and shiny and my scalp wasn't irritated. But now after about 5 washes I'm finding that my hair is looking dull, dry and a little bit dirty. My scalp has also gotten used to it hence irritation. Will not use again.

This didn't make my hair more volumized. At the end of the day, my hair felt a little more dry in fact. The formula is a little runny. Not really worth the price.

Popular Shampoos