Living Proof Full Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

3.8

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 10/28/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this shampoo. Last year I went through a phase while I was shocked and depressed and cut my hair to a pixie cut which was an awful idea given my face shape. Not to mention I dyed my hair electric blue. Then I've been growing it out in various bobs (Aline, etc); my hair is wavy and was quite thick but has been thinning out as I age (sob). This shampoo is amazing. It does slightly thicken the hair (nothing to ooh and aah over though) but it cleans really nicely, keeps it clean looking for 2 solid days (great given my oil scalp) and best of all it gives it bounce and shine (unlike B&B) with NO buildup, flakes (which I've noticed with Alterna and Phyto). Also, I am loving that this is keeping my hair color true even though its not marketed as a color preserving shampoo necessarily. I have subtle gold highlights in my brown hair and everyone just keeps commenting that my hair looks so great after summer sun-kissed-ness. I'll probably stick with this shampoo till I find something better though I'm not running out the door to look for anything new since I'm pretty darn satisfied at the moment. It comes with a snap top that can be tough to crack in the shower but at least you never waste product; I like that its clear and not too heavily fragranced, is a slip proof bottle and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (yeah its about 30 bucks but not too hefty for me I guess). I don't use the conditioner with this, I just put on some Phyto 7 afterwards on damp hair, though I must say this pairs really well with other Living Proof volumizing products like Amp and Lifting hairspray. New favorite hair brand!

on 3/21/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i am completely baffled as to why so few people have mentioned the scent of this product line, and that the few who do feel that it has some light citrus or orange scent. these products are perhaps the most heavily perfumed i have ever tried (i sampled the thickening shampoo, thickening creme and root lift spray). if you don't like perfume, beware! it smells exactly like raid "country scent", and yes, the scent really lingers. do the products work? i don't know, i had to rinse them out of my hair immediately because the scent was so horrifying. such a shame. if you like heavy floral perfume-ignore this review!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This makes my fine, limp hair have body and hold a curl, and a set. Usually I wear my hair in a bob, and I am doing it high poof and a little bit more curled for my wedding. Today I went veil shopping and had to walk 9 blocks in Seattle wind, rain, snow (April in Seattle) and it looked fine when I arrived. It even took a bit of rain when I took my friends pictures. Thanks to this shampoo my hair held most of the day and so I think I am going to do my own hair for my wedding. Glad Sephora gave me this sample.

on 1/22/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo has a lot of lather, so a little bit is plenty for my fistfuls of hair. It does a thorough job of removing oil and dirt so it may not be the best for very dry or damaged hair, but when paired with a nourishing conditioner my hair is always soft and bouncy. I prefer more natural products than those offered by Living Proof, but overall this shampoo works well for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got the small size and found it to be great. Just a dime size is all I need. Gentle, smells wonderful, lots of lather and is sulfate free. So good I bought the full size after only using it for a week.