Living Proof Full Shampoo

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 3/19/2017 10:55:00 PM

I'm really shocked this doesn't have a 4 start rating. This is the best shampoo I've used. It cleanses thoroughly without giving my hair either that stripped feeling or gross buildup all drugstore shampoos seem to. I wish it was cheaper but unless I find something else sulfate free that leave my hair feeling as soft I will be coming back to this.

I love using this shampoo (and the conditioner and sometimes the thickening cream) but I can't afford it all the time. It is a luxury for me. My hair is really fine though and I do see a difference using this shampoo! I personally like the scent.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

No matter what else I try, I just keep coming back to this shampoo!

on 10/28/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this shampoo. Last year I went through a phase while I was shocked and depressed and cut my hair to a pixie cut which was an awful idea given my face shape. Not to mention I dyed my hair electric blue. Then I've been growing it out in various bobs (Aline, etc); my hair is wavy and was quite thick but has been thinning out as I age (sob). This shampoo is amazing. It does slightly thicken the hair (nothing to ooh and aah over though) but it cleans really nicely, keeps it clean looking for 2 solid days (great given my oil scalp) and best of all it gives it bounce and shine (unlike B&B) with NO buildup, flakes (which I've noticed with Alterna and Phyto). Also, I am loving that this is keeping my hair color true even though its not marketed as a color preserving shampoo necessarily. I have subtle gold highlights in my brown hair and everyone just keeps commenting that my hair looks so great after summer sun-kissed-ness. I'll probably stick with this shampoo till I find something better though I'm not running out the door to look for anything new since I'm pretty darn satisfied at the moment. It comes with a snap top that can be tough to crack in the shower but at least you never waste product; I like that its clear and not too heavily fragranced, is a slip proof bottle and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (yeah its about 30 bucks but not too hefty for me I guess). I don't use the conditioner with this, I just put on some Phyto 7 afterwards on damp hair, though I must say this pairs really well with other Living Proof volumizing products like Amp and Lifting hairspray. New favorite hair brand!

on 2/3/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the small bottles of full thickening shampoo and conditioner. Yes there are no sulfates but the other ingredients are just as harmful. The next day, my hair was very greasy and needed to be washed again.

on 6/25/2011 5:07:00 PM

This review is for both the shampoo and conditioner since used together.

LOVE:
Leaves hair feeling super clean (blowout lasts 2 days)
Does give nice volume - hair definitely looks fuller
Leaves hair shiny
Scent - lemongrass. At first I wasn't a fan, but it has definitely grown on me. Very subtle; smells natural and clean.

Do not love:
Price - very expensive!
Packaging - Absolute garbage. It's very tough to squeeze the product out after just a few uses. The bottle just collapses on itself and everything gets trapped inside.
Doesn't leave hair super soft, it can feel a little dry
Sometimes makes me a bit frizzy, especially the first day of the wash

I was really impressed by this stuff at first, but I wouldn't buy it again. The cons outweigh the pros.

on 7/12/2010 5:40:00 PM

At first I was in love with this product. I used it with the conditioner for about 2 weeks. It repels dirt/grease. It is an awesome straightener. But it really dulls my blonde highlights.

Today I washed my hair with tea tree oil shampoo and pureology smoothing conditioner.

A Co-worker actually asked me if I got my hair cut and highlighted over the weekend!!! That was it for me, I might use it off and on, but not on a regular basis.

I gave the packaging a 3 because I like the bottles, but the caps kept on snapping off.

on 5/19/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wasn't a huge fan of this shampoo. This, along with the conditioner, seemed to weigh my hair down and make it very greasy the next day. My hair is naturally curly and fine/thin. I straighten it most days, and found this made my straight hair just look blah, it seemed to be coated in something while not being soft at all. I like soft and shiny, not coated and weighed down.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl, Cocoyl Taurate, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycol Distearate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Fragrance, PolyfluoroEster, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 12/23/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awww this one has lots of bad reviews...but suprisingly it works nicely for me. Just have some trivial things to rant about though..the price, the bottle cap keeps breaking other than that..no complaints.

on 11/4/2009 4:05:00 PM

I loved this product at first. It smooths my hair and makes it look extremely shiny and healthy. What I don't understand is why they say your hair will be cleaner since it will repel dirt. Quite the opposite! I find myself having to wash my hair more often. I don't have an oily scalp but something in this product is my hair dirtier than usual. I'll just go back to using my Frederick Fekkai products instead.