The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

I have oily acne-prone skin and my face gets oily again about 20 minutes after washing my face!It's a good thing i've found this product because this helps to absorb the oil and mattify my skin!This is also SUPER hydrating.I had this big zit in the middle of my forhead yesterday and all i did was put a little bit of it on the zit and left it there overnight.The next morning i was surprised to see that the pimple was almost gone!I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has oily acne prone skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A cooling, hydrating, travel-friendly moisturizer!
I know it doesn't necessarily say 'moisturizer' in the tube, but I've been using this as moisturizer on dog days of Indonesian dry season (which is pretty humid, hot, and sweaty). This helps my skin to cool down, also toning down the excess oil production. It feels lighter than other moisturizers I have, and it also smells so nice. It does make a very good base for BB cream or lightweight foundation, IMO.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product nicely mattifies my skin without making it dry and flaky; it soaks up the oil on my face and leaves it matte for quite a long time even without primer, foundation, and powder. However, I don't see any long term benefit that improves my skin condition. Not the best choice if you are looking for skincare to fix your skin problems.

Perfect for super oily skin!I love this its my HUGE moisturizer.I always find moisturizers (even they are meant for oily skin) to be too reach and not to sink into my skin.This is perfect and lightweight ,it keeps my skin balanced and healthy looking.Without parabens and SPF!I would buy it again!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad oily skin. This product totally help me control the excessive oil on my skin and it smells so good 😍
Not really good in fighting acne but it does not make it worst either .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The best oil soaking product. Causes breakout if mixed with other acne treatment based products such as maybelline Pure BB which has 2% salicylic acid content. Always devote myself to this in the summer. Most certainly putting this job to my cushion foundation diy mixture next summer. But for winter, its going to have to rest a bit.

If I were to sum my entire review up it would be a "meh". It isnt great or moisturising, does a teeny tiny bit of acne-clearing and for me, I have generally clear skin but can be acne-prone when it comes to dirt and products that just dont suit me. This products does not break me out, thank God, but it does not help with my acne either. Its not good in moitsurising so i really would not suggest this products. In additon, its $30 (I live in Singapore) for 30ml! Urm... too expensive for a products that doesnt really work so no thanks!

Ok so a bit of background, I've had acne since I was 14 (I'm now 18) very clog prone, it's hard to find things that actually work and all the jazz. I got this product for my birthday a couple months ago and didn't use it because products with oil in them usually don't do great for my acne prone skin, BUT I finally tried this a month ago and it's nice. I don't think it clears acne but it makes my skin look supple yet matte, the only reason I'm still using it is because it prevents breakouts for sure, just doesn't do anything for the ones that are there. Keep in mind though like I'm not using this on its own, I'm using it before I use my other stuff (I mix clean and clear dual action moisturizer with CeraVe moister lotion) sort of in place of a serum. The price sucks for such a little tub like it's actually ridiculous, so I only use it in the morning and luckily a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!

I have oily skin, I thought it'd suit to my skin. But, after I applied it on my face I got breaks out on my face. I used to apply it for 2 weeks but my skin got worse :'(

I would not repurchase this product :(

Now, I dont apply any moisturizer on my face and its much better than apply it on. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't say that this moisturizer has done anything to treat my acne(hence why I knocked off 1 hippie), however I have been using it under my foundation for a few months now and I am quite impressed with it. I have very oily skin and whenever I use this under my foundation, my skin stays matte for 8 hours +. It has not caused any breakouts which is a plus. I love the scent of tea tree oil, however, I know many people are irritated by it. I find the scent fades about 10 minutes after application. I reccomend this product for anyone with acne prone/ sensitive / oily skin. Will definitely be repurchasing !