Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - I'm Feeling Retro

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/9/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This trio is a total DUD, which is unusual, since most other Wet n Wild trios are at least above average in quality, if not fantastic. The blue shade is the worst of the three pans offered in this palette. The blue shade is chunky, has poor pigmentation, and has a tendency to be streaky when applied on the lid, even with a primer. The white and pink shades are okay. The white shade is best of the trio, and is on almost same level as the Wet n Wild shadows people like to rave about. Upon swatching, the white shade is crumbly, but is smooth when applied to the lid. It's not really a *color* eyeshadow, but should rather be used to add shimmer to matte eyeshadows. Add the The pink shade is so-so in quality: pigmentation and performance on the lid is average.

I recommend skipping this trio. Even at that price point, with the level of pigmentation and texture that you are getting, save your money for a candy bar or a bottle of soda, or choose one of Wet n Wild's other eyeshadow trios.

PROs:
- unusual colors, especially for the drugstore
- white shade is good quality
- pink shade is average quality

CONS:
- blue shade has poor pigmentation
- both blue and pink shades are not as finely milled, but the blue shade being the worst

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i like these colors together. theyre very bright and leave brown eyes looking bright.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I seldom wear eyeshadow & when I do, it's Body Shop singles...I was @Walmart & saw this tho & just had to pick it up. It's sooo cheap!! Well the only color I wear from it is the pinky / purple which is just gorgeous on my lids...the blue & white - not so much. Fun & all but I rarely wear it. Impulse purchase, would not re-purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this trio. The pink purple duo chrome shade is supposed to be a dupe for mac's stars 'n' rockets. Sadly the quality sucks with that one particular shade in this trio. I find i have to go over the pan a lot of times just to get color payoff. Could it be just my palette or does anyone else have this problem? The rest of the colors don't have this problem. The frosty, really frosty white has a bit of fallout but its pigmented nonetheless. The blue which i think is really pretty has a green sheen to it in certain lighting, looks kind of mermaid-y if you put it over a black base. I think the color combination works well if you can use a blue base to make the pink appear more purple. Its still a pretty palette if you like to use each shade individually or if the pink was more pigmented.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love the whole color icon line. i don't always follow the recommendation on the palette. i'm not a fan of the highlight color as i find it to be too glittery and stark for this look. i use the blue on my lids and the purple on my crease instead. it looks much better that way and transition is smoother.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love love love! I'm a fan of the Color Icon range as is, but I almost passed on this. My husband initially steered me towards this palette and I am so glad he did. The colors are phenomenal, pigmented and buildable. They really suited my green eyes and pale coloring and I received so many compliments. I had little problems with fallout, far less so than some of the other palettes. Crappy packaging is my only complaint, as I'm afraid if I travel, this baby won't survive. Kudos WNW, for making the makeup I want incredibly affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the contrasting colors. The winning factor? NO FALLOUT! What?! You heard me. Unlike many other cheap drugstore shadows, I've not had any fallout with the Color Icon line. <3
The blue looks a little more turquoise when applied to lids. The purple-pink is gorgeous; it causes a croma-shift/chameleon-effect.
Don't bother using the little brush and applicator that comes with these ... just go ahead and toss those. You'll need a nice shadow brush and, preferably, a crease brush to really push the pigments into your skin. You'll also need a primer if you want these colors to last. Creasing is a bit of a problem with these, but hey, they're $4 so I'm not complainin'.
Overall: cheap price-tag, beautiful colors, no fallout ... with a little primer, these are a keeper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I was looking for a bright purple shadow for a very cheap price. The purple shade in this trio looks beautiful when swatched- it seems to be the same/very similar to WNW's single shadow in Sellout, from what I've seen. When I wore the purple shade on my lids, it looked way more pink, and too bright. The white shade is the same as the top left shade (browbone) in the Blue Had Me At Hello 8-pan palette. The blue shade is just okay, blue is the eyeshadow colour I wear the least, and this one is a bit turquoise-ish but not really, and not super-pigmented. I wouldn't buy this trio again- I love Wet'n'Wild, and the pinky-purple shade is nice, but I don't like it on me.

i think for someone starting out in makeup this is a great buy but for women (or men) who look for the quality of the eye shadow this isnt really reasonable.

yes the shadows are very pigmented
easily swatched on finger but SOME colors dont pick up on the eye shadow brush at all
their so soft they shatter easily
hard to blend
fades

buying them in trios your really getting a win-or-loose because some of the eye shadows inside are great while others are disastrous

This is my absolute favorite of all the color icon trios I have tried so far. It also happened to be the first one I got, and I was a little wary of the bright colors while they were still in the packaging, but I wanted to try something different. Once I put them on, I found that I loved the way they looked on me! (NC 20ish, blue eyes, dark blonde hair). The magenta eyelid color really made my blue eyes stand out, and the blue crease color was easy to blend so it didn't just look like a ridiculous blue streak across the eyelid. The white browbone color acted as a great highlighter, helping my eyes to look wider and more awake, brightening up my whole face. It is great for a soft, feminine look, I consider it my go to "ethereal fairy princess makeup" lol. I would say it has remarkable staying power for a ds quality brand. I have worn it for 8-12 hours with only slight smudging or creasing, and it works great with or without eyelid primer. For 2.99 I would hightly recommend anyone try it and see if it works for them!