Maybelline New York Wet Shine Diamonds - Pink Topaz

Price: $

on 6/28/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Discontinued...This is a beautiful shimmery pink that works excellent with my skintone. It's a dark toned berry pink. Packaged in a Pink tube .13oz

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am not a bold lip girl very often; I'm more into the "YLBB" type look. This lipstick fits that description perfectly. Someone below already said that it's like your lips but bronzier and *almost* (but not quite) frosty. That's exactly how I'd describe it. I have worn it for years and always love it.

on 10/30/2006 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Can't believe I haven't reviewed my favorite lipstick! I haven't been wearing lipsticks that much lately, but when I do, this is the one I always reach for. This on top of some lip balm looks almost like a glittery gloss, great plumping effect and the color is actually very natural bronzy pink with gold shimmers, despite how dark it looks in the tube. This doesn't smell waxy and lipstick-y like most and goes on really smooth even with the shimmers.

on 12/8/2005 6:42:00 AM

Not bad... it is pretty sheer and I need a couple applications to make it show up properly on me. The colour is very similar to my natural lip shade, just a bit bronzier and with shimmer that is almost frosty. It works well on top of a different lip colour. Staying power is ok, and for the price it's a good deal.

on 9/17/2005 5:00:00 PM

This is a pretty good shade for maybelline, and the staying power is actually not bad. The color is a nice taupe/pink or golden pinkish, and I think it would be pretty flattering on most people. BUT...I thought this would be a shimmer, and instead it is too frosty. Definately not a fan of frost. So this pretty color kind-of turns into a cheap looking frost on me, kind of cheesy. Won't repurchase.

on 7/27/2005 1:56:00 PM

Bought this based soley on the MUA recs and I'm glad I did. Color looks harsh and bright in the tube but goes on very nicely. Smooth and well-pigmented. Makes lips look full and lush. I could see how this would be universally flattering. Great value if you wait for a BOGO.

on 6/28/2005 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like I need another lipstick, BUT... this color was recommended as "universally flattering" by one of the makeup gurus of the Net, so for $6, I risked it. I'm so happy I did. It's a complex, sandy-pinky-bronzy shimmer that is warm and modern, rather than pale and Gidget-ish (I am a yellow-toned PPP and HATE frostier-than-death lipcolors that make me look ill). I'd call it Your Lips But Shimmery-er. It makes my teeth look whiter and lights up my smile. I wouldn't wear this with no other makeup-- it would need to be a bit darker for that-- but with just some blush and mascara, WOW! So fresh and young. You see the pretty smile first, not the lipstick. I find this to be more opaque than some other Wet Shine shades I've tried, too. Wish it lasted longer, but reapplication is pleasant enough. And it's UNSCENTED, thank the Lord.

on 4/17/2005 10:13:00 PM

Pale pink with apricot holographic frost. Perfect for daytime office. I find this very springy. It's a happy color, no other way to say it! Very useful, worth the money.

on 10/27/2004 1:35:00 PM

I haven't bought an actual lipSTICK in years. I've been sticking to glosses and balms. But based on good reviews here, I figured I'd give WSD a shot in pink topaz. I'm glad I did. It's purty! :) It's an interesting gold-bronze-pink color with a nice shimmer to it (not a frost at all). It's not very highly pigmented, which is a good thing for me, as I like a more natural look. It gives a nice wash of color to the lips. It goes on thin and smooth and not at all drying, which is a major selling point for me, too. Obviously for the reasons I just said, the lasting power isn't as good as some other lipsticks. But it's not bad, either. A touch up every few hours is okay with me. Thumbs up for this one. I'm sure I'll pick up another color or two in WSD.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pink Topaz is a gorgeous warm bronzey pink w/pink shimmer. It's something I find easily wearable for all seasons, but it looks especially pretty w/a tan (fake, of course!). I'll definitely repurchase when I'm finished with this one. I'm a MAC C3/Aromaleigh 2W w/medium golden brown hair and hazel eyes.

EDIT 4/19/05 - I've since given this away, but I still think it's a great color. I just can't stand stuff that I never use cluttering up my stash, so this had to go. continued >>