L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge - Unending Kiss 112

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.8

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It makes me sad that this was discontinued at CVS and I haven't really seen it anywhere else. Since I got it on clearance, though, it was a very affordable way to try out what turned out to be a fabulous lipstick! Retail price at CVS was around $10.49, and the clearance price was 50% off, so $5.25 for a L'Oreal lipstick was not a bad deal.
The packaging is very sleek. It comes in silver colored tubes with a shiny red top and a number on the side showing the color of the lipstick. The top of the tube snaps shut, which should keep air from getting to the product and drying it out. Unfortunately, this causes the cap to sometimes be a little hard to remove, but I'm willing to deal with that if it keeps the lipstick fresh for a longer period of time.
I don't think there is any fragrance in this product, either, so it doesn't have an overpowering fake scent when you open the cap.
Even with my pale skin, it is a beautifully flattering rosy pink color. It reminds me a little of one of the other shades I picked up - Eternal Rose - and I've been switching between the two of them for almost a week now. The formula is at first creamy, and very pigmented, then starts to dry down to a sticky, tacky kind of finish. It is at this point that I just put a little gloss or balm over the top, and the formula is once again nice and creamy without losing any of its rosy color. I've been running around to all of the CVS's trying to get a nice collection of these before they disappear, and I have about eight different shades total. I haven't really found a shade yet that is off-putting or unwearable. I don't really have any other drugstore lipsticks - I tend to go for the higher end ones because the ingredients are a little better in some of those - but I've been very impressed with this line. I love all of the ones I have and I would definitely repurchase, and hope L'Oreal is bringing out a similar line!

on 12/12/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like the color a lot; it's a nice soft mauvy pink and quite neutral. I have very fair skin so on me it appears darker than it would on someone with a mid complexion. However, I don't find Infallible long lasting at all and it's very greasy. I also found that it fades quite quickly. Within an hour the color is faint and it doesn't leave a stain on the lips as some lipsticks do. Because it's a fairly light shade once it's gone there's nothing left.
I wouldn't buy this again though I like the color in the tube.

on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 AM

This is the first L'Oreal lipstick I have tried (I have only recently gotten into lipstick - always been a gloss person) and I am fairly happy with it. It goes on very smooth, doesn't sink into lip lines, and has a nice, slightly shiny, finish. Pigmentation is rich. It is creamy but does feel drying after awhile which is not surprising for a long lasting lipstick. It feels just a little bit sticky on at first, but nothing too noticeable, and I think that is what it gives it it's long wear quality. It does last through eating, which is great. The packaging is unfortunate and clunky; the price is not bad.
I like the color of Unending Kiss. I wanted a light, natural looking pink and all the others I have tried had frost. This has no frost at all and it definitely comes through warm on me (I have a lot of natural lip pigment). One coat is a rosy blush and two coats for a deeper, more vibrant pink.

on 7/21/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

L'Oreal's Infallible Le Rouge lipsticks are much like Wet'n'Wild's matte lipsticks, actually. Both of them go on creamy and smooth and soon "set" to a slightly tacky matte finish that ain't going anywhere for hours. The Infallible lipsticks feel slightly less heavy and are therefore more comfortable to wear. They're also not as drying as WnW's line. I also prefer the Infallible shade range. Unending Kiss is a pretty, cool rose. It's pink, but a subtle, mauve-y pink that isn't over-the-top. It's a classic, conservative rather than trendy shade and I think it would suit a range of cool skin tones. On me, it lasts at least four hours and through drinks. I do, however, think the packaging is kind of flimsy. While it's nice to be able to see the actual lipstick color through the tube, I've actually dropped and broken the lipstick accidentally. That's not normal tube wear-and-tear, I know, but I've never had a lipstick tube completely come apart due to being dropped before.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely would repurchase Unending Kiss. It's a wonderful pale neutral pink--just a step above a MLBB kind of shade. It has a satiny finish with just a hint of microshimmer. It feels very comfortable, and there's no taste or scent. I get a good 5-6 hours minimum wear out of this lipstick. It's a perfect everyday color, just grab and go and you don't even have to reapply until after lunch. I adore this product and it's easily a new HG in my stash.

Popular Lip Treatments