Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.7

on 8/29/2015 11:09:00 PM

Anyone considering setting up an at home gel kit with Gelish.... JUST DO IT!!

I had never been that into nail polish since I always dented it as it was drying, it could get everywhere, and even if the application looked perfect, I knew that would last 48hours max before chipping.

So I tried gel. I purchased a starter kit with Gelish and a small LED lamp back around 2011 and I've never looked back. My collection continues to grow and grow and I finally upgraded to the best LED lamp in the market - the official big Harmony lamp which is amazing. Also, my nails always were weak and peeled. Now I have long, strong nails that people enviously comment on.

I could talk about this forever but here's what you need to know. Don't buy UV - it's suspected to be dangerous for skin and takes a long time. Just go LED - Shellac is really the only brand that's stuck in the UV land. Almost everything else is LED compatible.

You only need to buy the Gelish base, a colour, and the top coat. You don't need PH Bond or cleanser or remover or anything else (you may find your nails are particularly oily and require the PH Bond later, but experiment first rather than wasting money). Where to buy these things? If you're in Australia go to Harehouse Warehouse to look at the colours. They sell Minis for $20 which is wayyyy too expensive. Then find a seller in your State on eBay (to minimise postage costs) and buy full size bottles from them for $20 once you've picked a colour in real life at the shop. The branded cleanser and remover are just expensive ways of buying rubbing alcohol and 100% acetone respectively. Just go to Bunnings and stock up.

There's so much you can do once you've mastered the basic gel mani. Look into stamping (you can start with Konad as a brand - there are others, but this is a good quality popular one to start with), embellishments like rhinestones, pigments that can be combined, striping tape, dotting tools, etc. I'm always discovering new ways to build my repertoire - there's no limit to what you can do. Start following nail people on Instagram and build up a library of ideas to browse when you sit down to do a mani.

This is such an easy and relaxing process - it's definitely how I treat myself every 1.5-2 weeks. I sit down, remove my last mani, prep my nail and create something new and amazing all over again while watching some telly and eating chocolate. It's great. And I'm ALWAYS getting compliments on my different manis - from friends, shop assistants, anyone.

JUST DO IT!! You won't regret it :P

on 5/28/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Gelish in Desert Sands, a neutral with shimmer. I've tried Shellac, OPI gel, Japanese brands, Essie gel, etc. The only one that stays for any amount of time (10-14 days) is Gelish. Price point is in line with the other brands. For someone whose nails chip in 2-3 days using regular polish, this stuff is a lifesaver! Not to mention that it's dry once color is applied and dried under the UV light, so no mess while waiting for it to dry.

on 4/29/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Got a gel manicure with this....and the color last and lasts. I got the "holiday party blues" color and it's amazing. The gel manicures I got with Shellac and Opi chipped much faster than with Gelish. I will only use the Gelish from now on...truly great quality. I'm very hard on my nails and type for a living, so for polish to last this long on me is nothing short of a miracle.

I love this product. The base coat and the top coat are wonderful. I have used this for a few months. Long enough to use the Gelish colors I have, from Sally's and to do the Gelly Sandwich technique. Since I have oily nail beds, I can get about 10 days of wear from Gelish colors and the regular nail polish I "sandwich" in between the base and top coats. The key to this technique is to allow the regular nail polish to fully dry before you place the top coat on the nail. I have used fast dry and regular dry nail polish, and had the same wonderful results. The foil technique is the best to take this off. Once my normal stash of nail polish is exhausted, I will probably buy exclusively gel nail polish just for the wonderful wear, unless there is another technological miracle the cosmetic gods and goddesses create.

on 8/17/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love gel manicures! At one point I got really interested in them so when my husband offered to buy the light for me I went and ordered a gelish starter kit from amazon. I really just liked the bottle design and name. Ive never had gel nails done at a salon so it was all new to me. Of course I read alot of instructions and watched how to videos on youtube. Its not as hard as you may think at first but it does take a long time to do a full manicure with a standard uv light. The results are worth it, though I still want to invest in the 18g led light to speed up the process. Will be saving my pennies for a long while for that! All in all I am happy with this brand. They are always releasing new colors and I havent had trouble at all with any of the colors Ive used. I cant really use regular polish anymore because its so disappointing when it chips and flakes!

When I have requested a gel manicure at the cheaper salons, they tend to do a gelish.

Gelish is similar to CND Shellac. You cure under an led light after each coat and the resulting manicure is supposed to last up to 2 weeks.

In terms of staying power, gelish is absovultr better than a standard manicure. Mine tend to last about 10 days before chipping or peeling too noticeably.

However, I find these manicures to be hard on my nails. I can usually do one manicure without too much damage. But if I do a second gelish in a short time period, I notice my nails feeling weak and then they tend to peel or tear. Once this happens it takes a while for my nails to grow out and recover. i typically have relatively strong nails, so I find this frustrating.

With all that said, absolutely love gel manicures. For me personally, I find the extra money to get shellac at a good salon to be worth it.

I can't say for certain whether it is the shellac product that I prefer or whether the application is better ( since I tend to get shellac at nicer salons).

on 2/7/2013 6:33:00 PM

Maybe you have to be " a woman of a certain age" to really appreciate what a nail miracle this product is. I bought the starter kit and the mini lamp at Sally's. Application does take a little time but when you are finished, you are completely finished with gorgeous dry nails . No more nicks, bangs or smears because you went on with your life after applying nail polish. It was easy to apply with clear directions if you keep a light hand. I think that is the secret here. And your works lasts for a long, long time. No more spending precious time in a
nail salon for a take what you can get finish. Sorry to ramble but this stuff is amazing! I can't praise it highly enough and encourage others to try it. If you are like me and love having pretty nails but don't think application and drying times are fun like most of the young ones do, give this a try. You' ll never go back. I know I won't !!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is one of the best things that I have ever, ever purchased. I bought the little Gelish LED light on a whim at Sally's after coveting the OPI-Sephora light set. The Gelish is less than half the cost even after adding the polishes. I watched a couple of videos to be certain that I had the technique, and it was easy as pie. The LED light means that the process takes little time overall from foundation to top coat. It looks amazing! Like a professional salon! And it really does last 2 weeks - through gardening, through kitchen tasks and dishwashing, through the pell-mell of everyday life. I am hard on my nails, and I've never had a manicure last longer than a few days without tip wear or chipping. This is a first! Another plus - I get bored with colors and want to switch polishes, but quickly learned that removing the Gelish is drying if you do it too often. You do have to soak nails in acetone for 5 minutes to remove; you probably don't want to remove it too often. But wow! After completing the Gelish base/color/topcoat and curing under the LED, you can apply regular polish of any sort on top with any other regular topcoat. The regular polishes on top of the completed Gelish process can be removed with NON-acetone remover without impacting the Gelish (Gelish is removed with 100% acetone). Applying regular polishes over the completed Gelish allows me to play, and the polishes last longer than over my bare nails. As for Gelish colors, I recommend swatching online before purchasing; many colors are lighter than you expect from the bottles/labels. Also, they are expensive; go to Amazon for full-size bottles for less. They also work perfectly well with other gel polishes; I have used them with Orly, TruGel, and OPI. As for colors- "You're So Sweet it Gives Me a Toothache" is a very light pink," "Good Gossip" is a PERFECT red with micro glitter (a little like Orly Ruby Pumps, and it is perfect for layering) and one of my all-time favorites. "Starburst" is a red-violet leaning to purple. "Sweet Chocolate" is a true chocolate brown (looks fabulous with Good Gossip over it). "It's a Lilly" is a cool pink leaning to violet. "Samuri" is a tauped-pink with micro-glitter and makes a great color blender. Most colors need 2 coats for intensity; they seem on the transluscent side and so blend well by layering. The top coat gives an amazing gloss usually only achieved in a salon. Oh, and BTW, watch videos on sandwiching regular polishes between the foundation and top coats. It works really well. I actually used a little Sally Girl, inexpensive polish in-between and loved it. I couldn't believe how it lasted; these usually have no staying power. Highly recommended; I hope this is around forever. Just as a side note, this is more durable than the Orly gel. Also, the Orly does not behave like the Gelish with the non-acetone. It come off with both non-acetone and regular acetone. Orly is easier to remove and has a reputation for being gentler on the nail but seems a little less versatile.

on 9/9/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this product after seeing it on a sales associates nails at Sally's. I had used the UV Gel product before but only when I had my nails professionally done. The clerk explained everything to me and I didn't purchase the whole kit as the Gelish Company recommends, I only purchased the nail color "HIGH BRIDGE." Sally's had a UV Lamp on sale and the top coat cam e with it for free and being a girl on a budget I had to go the cheapest route possible.

The Gelish worked fine without all of the other layers Gelish recommends and my polish lasted at least two weeks.

The only problem I have noticed is that my nails are starting to peel from the edges, so I may invest in the Gelish base to see if that will protect my natural nail.

Over all I am satisfied with this product, I just wish they had a better variety of colors. On second though I have not looked them up on the net, it may just be that Sally's didn't have a good selection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

BEST BEAUTY INVENTION EVER! This is the best invention ever- flawless nails that never chips until you take it off! Whoever invented this is a genius! I hate chipped nails so this is great!

Pros:

- love my super shiny, flawless nails!
-It never smudges, chips, makes a dent
-Stays flawless and looks freshly done for 3 weeks
-where I get it done is only $25.00 plus tip!
-Removing it is so easy. One step!

Cons:
-Because you get new nail growth you eventually have to get them removed
-you can get addicted to them

Popular Polishes