Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do I like it? No, I don't:
- the formula is thicker than other gels I've tried so nails get thicker than I like them to be;
- the lasting power is below any good polish, not a gel polish. It lasts me whole FOUR days before it cracks on the surface;
- I have to soak my nails in acetone for half an hour to be able to remove it without nail damage. Counting four days wear time it's definitely very excessive.

The worst gel polish I've ever tried.

on 5/28/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Gelish in Desert Sands, a neutral with shimmer. I've tried Shellac, OPI gel, Japanese brands, Essie gel, etc. The only one that stays for any amount of time (10-14 days) is Gelish. Price point is in line with the other brands. For someone whose nails chip in 2-3 days using regular polish, this stuff is a lifesaver! Not to mention that it's dry once color is applied and dried under the UV light, so no mess while waiting for it to dry.

on 8/17/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love gel manicures! At one point I got really interested in them so when my husband offered to buy the light for me I went and ordered a gelish starter kit from amazon. I really just liked the bottle design and name. Ive never had gel nails done at a salon so it was all new to me. Of course I read alot of instructions and watched how to videos on youtube. Its not as hard as you may think at first but it does take a long time to do a full manicure with a standard uv light. The results are worth it, though I still want to invest in the 18g led light to speed up the process. Will be saving my pennies for a long while for that! All in all I am happy with this brand. They are always releasing new colors and I havent had trouble at all with any of the colors Ive used. I cant really use regular polish anymore because its so disappointing when it chips and flakes!

i will admit... i have a fetish for gel nails. i love how they look- mirror glass finish, if my nails didnt grow so fast- the gel would last 4-5 weeks, i never have to worry about knicks, or sitting around waiting for a base coat, color and top coat to dry (which can take upwards of an hour), when i am done curing them, i can dig around in my purse and not worry about a thing. i have tried many brands of gels- OPI, shellac, nutri-nail, and sensational (bought at walgreens) and i must admit that gelish is by far my favorite. With that being said, i know it is very expensive- i bought the lamp, 2 foundations, 2 top it offs, 2 bonds, a few of the cleaners and a few of the gelish acetone bottles- along with about 30 colors. I spent a TON of money... however, i was paying $20 every two weeks on a gel manicure, plus a tip. After a year- all of it will have paid itself off. thats not including my gelish pedicures i do in the summertime. if you are able to afford it, go buy the starter kit, a few of your favorite gelish colors and the lamp- you can always add colors later on... i absolutley love it, the variety of colors, the easy step by step guide. One recommendation i have- if you decide to buy your own kit- stick with an LED lamp instead of a UV lamp. Why? I found that the LED is quite a bit cheaper AND the cure time for your nails is 75% faster with the LED. Sallys has everything there to get you started- which will save you so much money in the long run! I give it 5 lippies for the quality of the product, the selection of colors (they have 100+ colors when many other brands dont have half the selection), its easy to apply, and easy to soak off (if you follow the directions properly). IT does take me 3 hours or so to soak off, trim, file nails and cuticles, and apply and cure layers of polish- but its so worth the 3-5 week stay time! LOVE IT! <3

on 12/26/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wanted to love this so badly but can't get it to work properly. After watching numerous videos and reading tutorials I thought I would have this down. Looks amazing at first. Didn't expect it to be foolproof but I can't get it to last more than 4 or so days. I find I get lifting at the edges of my nails and as soon as it starts to lift there is no stopping it.

I have tried OPI gel, Shallac and now Gelish and can say that Gelish is by far my favorite. Have tried the Gelish in 'Queen of Hearts' and the colour is vibrant, durable and lasts without peeling (unlike the shallac) and only really needs to be taken off because of the regrowth of nails.

I have this done in a salon which is around 25 and is good price for the product, however to buy this and do it at home is really expensive and I wouldn't do.

Even when the gel has been removed, it doesn't affect your nails, however they need have to be buffed to give an even finish to your natural nail. I think if you were to keep this up as a long term thing then your nails would become weak but great for holidays and to treat yourself to once every now and then!

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I paid 10 for this manicure as I have a few "doos" coming up and couldn't be bothered with polish. I got this in Hot Rod Red and my word it's true to its name! A proper slutty red lol, perfect as that's the exact colour I asked for!!!( yes really!!! Lol)

Anyways, the girl lightly filed over my nails to make them coarse so the Gelish base coat would stick better, popped my hands under uv lamp, then did two coats of the colour, after each coat my nails were again put under uv lamp, then a top coat was applied and again put under uv.

I've had them done for two days now, and touch wood, no chipping and the gloss is still as glossy and shiny as the day they were done!!!!
I'd recommend this over shellac, I just didn't find shellac to last as long or look as nice and glossy!!!!!

What I love most about gelish is their amazing color selection. While you are able to layer CND Shellac to create more colors, your options are still quite limited. Of course, Shellac offers the basics, but I wanted more than that especially during the summer months. Gelish offers a neon collection and variations on glitter and metallic. In addition, you can also layer gelish to create more color. I also find that if I know what color I am looking for, I can get a full sized bottle online as opposed to a mini-bottle at my local beauty supply company.

on 1/15/2012 10:43:00 PM

Love, Love, LOVE gelish! The initial investment is about $100 for the kit, light and color but this stuff lasts forever. My manicures last 10-14 days and I have only had to remove them because of the grow out. I soak my nails in acetone for about 10 minutes and the gel just flakes off without damaging my nails. I'm a stay at home mom who is constantly doing yard work, laundry, dishes and taking fitness classes at the gym. I'm very active and this stuff just doesn't chip or lose it's shine.

I love what gelish does for my nails, but the people who are really benefiting are my five and six year old daughters. Whenever I would polish their nails with regular polish, it would be chipped or gone in a day or two. This lasts at least a week on their tiny little nails and look shiny and pretty until they're removed (typically, they peel them off in the tub when they want another mani :). I can't believe that I've spent so much money on my polish collection when there was something like this on the market. I will never buy another kind of polish again,.

I own the mini kit from Sally that has everything you need for a gel manicure except of course the UV light. I purchased a 36 watt UV lamp for this as the reviews for the mini led UV light weren't very good.

My nails are thin and prone to peeling at times. This product works great and lasts 10-14 days without lifting or chipping depending on how rough I am on my hands. I type a lot, have a toddler, go to the gym and clean a lot so my hands and nails don't really get the kid glove treatment and this product still lasts for me. Regular manicures with all the proper prepping didn't even last a day without chipping.

Read up on applying it if you decide to buy, there are a lot of excellent tips and tutorials out there to help you do it like a professional.

I found the remover that comes with the kit works better than the industrial strength acetone and is a lot easier on your hands and nails. Unfortunately the caps on the cleaner and remover that come with the kit leak if the bottles are anything but upright so I need to buy a new bottle of the remover. That annoyed me, who packages a corrosive liquid in a bottle that leaks?

I wish there were more color choices, but from what many have said, cnd shellac and probably other gel polishes work with gelish so I may look into trying some cnd polish in the future.

If you are patient, Sally has it on sale on occassion. I think I paid $29.95 for the kit and either 9.95 or 12.95 for a color gel polish to go with it. The regular price is closer to$40 and $15 for the kit and nailpolish respectively.

Popular Polishes