Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.2

on 3/11/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had little patience for manicured nails, and I am super hard on my hands. My husband loves colored nails so I searched for the strongest, longest-lasting polishes I could find. I use Gelish colors with the LED lamp, and they last up to 3 weeks on my hands, and at least a month on my toes! Gelish has a beautiful range of fun colors, so I don't get bored with the same old look. I can't imagine why I'd ever use anything else on my nails.

on 6/4/2012 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't review things often (I know - I should), but wanted to put my experience out there in case someone else runs into the same thing.

First off, let me say that I am not normally a "sensitive" person to various products & I have very limited allergies. I also wore acrylics & pink & whites for years.

Last year, before vacation, I tried Gelish polish. I was excited at the prospect of up to 3 weeks without having to mess with my manicure. 2 to 3 days after having my Gelish manicure, I started to get a tingling/itchy sensation in my ring finger of my left hand. By the next day, I was breaking out in blisters along that finger & the base of my thumb. By the end of the week, my left hand looked like it had been badly burnt, with peeling blisters everywhere. My right hand was just a little itchy. At this point, I had no idea what was causing it, but I suspected either the manicure or a supplement I'd just begun taking (which I stopped immediately when the symptoms started). I took off the Gelish as soon as I got home because it was starting to peel at the edges already (only 1 week into it). I went to do the doctor & he thought I might have placed my hand on something caustic & gotten a chemical burn. It all healed eventually (although the base of my thumb was VERY sensitive for a while).

Fast forward several months - to the next trip out of town. I got another Gelish manicure because I didn't want to mess with my nails (hoping for more lasting results this time). Again, 2-3 days after, the ring finger on my left hand starts tingling & itching... I couldn't get to a salon fast enough to do the acetone soak & get that stuff off my nails!

Every now & then I'm tempted to try a different brand of gel polish to see if I have the same reaction, but then I remember how long it took to heal... So I'm sticking with regular nail polish (now if I could just get my nails to stop peeling...).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Now that I've invested in gel polish, it's really hard to go back to regular nail polish. I LOVE gel polish, especially Harmony's Gelish!

The main reason why I've fallen in love with gel polish, is because when I'm doing a design, I can easily wipe off a mistake without worrying about it drying (or getting "sticky" like regular polish before I can fix something). Also, I can easily fix a mistake like make a line straighter if it was "wobbly" looking which results in "crisp" lines. You can correct minor details which result in very nicely detailed nail art.

**Price tip** This polish is a little pricey, so I usually buy it off Amazon. You can get SOME polishes at Sally's, but they're limited in color, and for the price of the mini size Gel polish you get at Sally's, it's almost the same price as a regular size Gel polish from Amazon with shipping included.

**Color tip** The pictures of the gel polish colors aren't always "true to color" because many of Harmony's gel polishes are kind of opaque, so you should either google how the color actually looks or Amazon has a lot of customer pictures. If you go on Amazon, make sure you read the descriptions that some people post of their nail pictures because they tend to add a glittery top or they like to mix the polishes.

**Application tip** I like to do black french tips a lot, and sometimes after I've put the "Top it off" on and cured under my Red Carpet Professional lamp (I really love this lamp cause it has an automatic timer for 45 seconds! Don't go with the portable ones!), the color will wipe off after I wipe the sticky layer off my "Top it off", so to fix it, I'll put a layer of the gel base down on the messed up part, and go through the painting process just on that spot. The gel polish might be slightly thicker on the part you fix, but who's really gonna notice? Adding base gel will really help you adhere the gel colors, it also works if you want to add details after you've already put "Top it off" on.

The only thing I don't like about gel nails, is the acetone soak time to take off the gel polish. I used to do the cotton ball and foil thing, but now I just tilt a small glass bowl. Less hassle and trash.

On a good note, this polish usually stays on for 2-3 weeks. The main reasons I might change it around 2 weeks, is because of the new nail growth or because I just want a new design. I really love gel polish! I can't wait to try out their new Magneto collection!

I'll attach a few of my nail designs.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I first had a gelish manicure applied at a local salon after a woman told me that this salon offered it and she luved it :) Plus! it only cost me $21 with tax to have it applied :) I first had the Color Caution applied and fell in luv with it :) My natural nails are weak, flimsy, bend like crazy and rip and tear...so the gelish was a lifesaver :) I just purchased a UV lamp and some supplies to do the manicure at home....I got the UV lamp from amazon for under $30 and the gelish colors can be around $12.95 for the full size!!! but the shipping is charged too...I would recommend going to this site for free shipping on the gelish and they carry them for $12.95 each also!
they have an amazing assortment of colors to choose from :)

on 8/6/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Absolutely amazing! I dont know what I did without this! Yes, it takes longer than a regular manicure (probably about 40 minutes all together), but the results are so worth it. Shiny, chip free nails for around 2 weeks! The initial investment is kind of pricey, I believe I spent about $120 on the UV lamp, foundation, 4 colors and top coat, but I will probably get around a year or more worth of manicures out of this. And considering a gel manicure costs around $40 at my local salon, with just 3 manicures I've already made up what I paid! I really like and recommend gelish if you are like me and like your nails to look nice, but dont have the time to constantly re-polish them when they chip. I will continue purchasing gelish and other brands of SOG nail polish.

Popular Polishes