Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.1

on 4/29/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. Got a gel manicure with this....and the color last and lasts. I got the "holiday party blues" color and it's amazing. The gel manicures I got with Shellac and Opi chipped much faster than with Gelish. I will only use the Gelish from now on...truly great quality. I'm very hard on my nails and type for a living, so for polish to last this long on me is nothing short of a miracle.

on 8/17/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love gel manicures! At one point I got really interested in them so when my husband offered to buy the light for me I went and ordered a gelish starter kit from amazon. I really just liked the bottle design and name. Ive never had gel nails done at a salon so it was all new to me. Of course I read alot of instructions and watched how to videos on youtube. Its not as hard as you may think at first but it does take a long time to do a full manicure with a standard uv light. The results are worth it, though I still want to invest in the 18g led light to speed up the process. Will be saving my pennies for a long while for that! All in all I am happy with this brand. They are always releasing new colors and I havent had trouble at all with any of the colors Ive used. I cant really use regular polish anymore because its so disappointing when it chips and flakes!

When I have requested a gel manicure at the cheaper salons, they tend to do a gelish.

Gelish is similar to CND Shellac. You cure under an led light after each coat and the resulting manicure is supposed to last up to 2 weeks.

In terms of staying power, gelish is absovultr better than a standard manicure. Mine tend to last about 10 days before chipping or peeling too noticeably.

However, I find these manicures to be hard on my nails. I can usually do one manicure without too much damage. But if I do a second gelish in a short time period, I notice my nails feeling weak and then they tend to peel or tear. Once this happens it takes a while for my nails to grow out and recover. i typically have relatively strong nails, so I find this frustrating.

With all that said, absolutely love gel manicures. For me personally, I find the extra money to get shellac at a good salon to be worth it.

I can't say for certain whether it is the shellac product that I prefer or whether the application is better ( since I tend to get shellac at nicer salons).

on 12/26/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wanted to love this so badly but can't get it to work properly. After watching numerous videos and reading tutorials I thought I would have this down. Looks amazing at first. Didn't expect it to be foolproof but I can't get it to last more than 4 or so days. I find I get lifting at the edges of my nails and as soon as it starts to lift there is no stopping it.

I own the mini kit from Sally that has everything you need for a gel manicure except of course the UV light. I purchased a 36 watt UV lamp for this as the reviews for the mini led UV light weren't very good.

My nails are thin and prone to peeling at times. This product works great and lasts 10-14 days without lifting or chipping depending on how rough I am on my hands. I type a lot, have a toddler, go to the gym and clean a lot so my hands and nails don't really get the kid glove treatment and this product still lasts for me. Regular manicures with all the proper prepping didn't even last a day without chipping.

Read up on applying it if you decide to buy, there are a lot of excellent tips and tutorials out there to help you do it like a professional.

I found the remover that comes with the kit works better than the industrial strength acetone and is a lot easier on your hands and nails. Unfortunately the caps on the cleaner and remover that come with the kit leak if the bottles are anything but upright so I need to buy a new bottle of the remover. That annoyed me, who packages a corrosive liquid in a bottle that leaks?

I wish there were more color choices, but from what many have said, cnd shellac and probably other gel polishes work with gelish so I may look into trying some cnd polish in the future.

If you are patient, Sally has it on sale on occassion. I think I paid $29.95 for the kit and either 9.95 or 12.95 for a color gel polish to go with it. The regular price is closer to$40 and $15 for the kit and nailpolish respectively.

on 11/12/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First I would like to say I only use the foundation and top it off and curing UV light to make Gelish Sandwich manicures. (Sandwich regular nail polish in between gel layers) This at home gel system is amazing. With my "sandwich" technique I get 1.5-2 full weeks of chip free polish! I'm certain that if you use their gel polish you can get a full 3 weeks like they state on the website/display at Sally Beauty.

Up front it is a costly system. I puchased mine via Sally's online website with a discount code for the Gelish Basix kit and UV lamp for 80 bucks. Which is comparable to 2 salon no chip manicures. If you plan on using this frequently...totally worth your investment. I do my nails along with my sisters. My sister purchased her own gel polish so I can apply it for her, and she gets a good 2 to 2.5 weeks of wear.

There are a few tips I would recommend:
1. Buy a 36W UV lamp from Sally's or a reputable seller. The reviews on the mini light are horrible.
2. Foil soak off with 100% acetone, no reason to buy their remover. Followed by your favorite cuticle oil to moisturizer. Once again, no reason to buy their oil.
3. Cleanser...I recommend it, but Rubbing alcohol (highest strength you can get) works well per my sister.
4. PH Bond=nail dehydrator. Use their product or another, but I find this is an important step. I use ASP dehydrator/nail prep...a lot more product for the $$.
5. Thin coats are a must, otherwise you don't cure the product well.

As previous poster noted Sally's gel polish mini bottles are pricey. You can get Red Carpet manicure at Ulta for cheaper. Or purchase the larger gelish bottles on Amazon for the same price. (That's what my sister does)

As for my "sandwich" technique
1. Buff shine off nails
2. Dehydrate nails
3. Foundation and cure 1 minute
4. My regular polish, make sure to AIRDRY x 15 minutes (20 for opaque)
5. Top it off and cure 3 minutes.
6. Remove tackiness.

Highly recommended! :)

on 11/8/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly, I am re-rating this product. I loved it at first, but after repeated use, it damaged my nails underneath. Starting at about the third application, the gel polish didn't stay on my nails nearly as long as it first did. I changed NOTHING about the application, and followed the instructions exactly. I would use this maybe for vacations or special events, but for everyday manicures I get better results using the Sally Hansen "Complete Salon Manicure" products.
.................................................................................................
This product is AMAZING!!! I used to have acrylic nails put on, not because I wanted the long nails, but because I couldn't keep polish on my natural nails. After having kids, I just gave up on nails.

I tried a light polish first. After 12 days, I soaked it off and tried the red. No chips, polish was still shiny. Except for the outgrowth, it looked as if it was just applied.

I spent about $75 on the starter kit and UV light (less than the price of 2 manicures done at a salon). I was able to do a full manicure in about an hour.

I did make some mistakes at first and will share those lessons: First, use THIN coats of the product. If you use too much, it will spread once it gets under the UV light. Second, spend the time to watch the instructional DVD that comes with the kit. There's some good tips in here that get you better results and help the manicure last longer.

I did get one small chip when I tried to scrape petrified malt o meal off my table with my thumbnail (my fault). I was able to touch up the chip in about 10 minutes. Unless you look really closely, you can't tell it's been touched up.

I will say the color #130 (You like me, you really like me) looks like a deep burgundy in the bottle. It turns out more of a true red. It's pretty, just not what the bottle looks like.

I just had my nails done with a "gelish" manicure over this past weekend. My friends had been raving about this so I figured it was time to try it myself. I should say that I never get fake nails and that I always keep my nails bare or done with clear because the chipping makes me crazy. My natural nails are fairly strong but have become weak lately becuase I wash my hands so much (a curse of new moms!)
The process took a while to do but I guess it wasn't much longer than a normal manicure. The results are fabulous; Shiny pretty nails done in a dark pink I would never normally dare because of the chip factor. I love the fact that there is nothing about these that look "fake" as I really don't care for fake nails. My nails feel strong and they will continue to grow so this will actually allow me to achieve some length. I am on my 5th day of the polish and no chips so far! After not having the time to maintain my nails since my son was born, I am just so tickled to have pretty nails again! My salon charged $30 which was a bit pricey but I'm willing to pony it up for a while. If I decide I am truly in love with Gelish I may buy an at-home kit but I will worry about that later.
In a word: LOVE!

on 3/29/2011 12:03:00 AM

I haven't actually bought the polishes, but I've had my manicure for over a week, it it si still in pristine shape. I'm really hard on my nails, and by a week I typically need to do a polish change. This is great stuff.

My nails are normal brittle, and break easily, and it still looks like I just got a mani!

My only complaint is the price. I realize this is a specialty product, but 35 dollars for a mani is so expensive, that I don't know if I'll be going back the same place.

I'm hoping to find place that only charges $20, so I can have them regularly done.

Popular Polishes