Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.9

I have been using the Gelish line for about a year now. I could never make regular polish last on my nails because they are thin, weak and begin to peel after a few weeks of using regular polishes.

For my nails I use the Gelish Structure Gel (2 layers, applied with a brush) and it is amazing! It goes on top of the foundation, and the small pot lasts forever. I don't use any other Gelish products except the foundation, Structure Gel, gelish colours, and top if off, and daily applications of cuticle oil. All brands of this last product seem to be about equal to me. All the other products Gelish sells are unnecessary, and I have tried them.

One thing I have found to be very important is the product I use to soak off. The best I have found is Red Carpet's 'Erase'. It is not that expensive when used with foil wraps, as the pads don't soak up a lot of product. I do one hand, wrapping each finger firmly at the nail with tape. When I move to the next hand I use an eyedropper to deliver more Erase to the pad inside the foil wrap, and then put the wraps on the same fingers. That's why the tape - it keeps the foil wraps in shape for replacement and keeps them tight against the nail. This saves money!

My nails show no damage from the soak off process using Erase. All the layers just lift off using Erase - no hard scraping, filing, gouging, or anything like that. Beautiful! And this really helps to keep my nails in good condition unlike the acetone process. And finally, Erase is much quicker than soaking off with acetone.

Anyway, these are my experiences. Hope this is helpful to someone.

on 5/8/2014 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love Gelish! I've been doing my own at home gel manis for years now. I've always been obsessed with doing my own nails, but got super tired of putting a bunch of work into them and then *gasp* chipping the very next day! I found Gelish at Sally's Beauty Supply several years back when of couple girls at work started getting their nails shallaced and I was interested in the lasting power they claimed it had. I bought the entire kit, which is pricey, but totally worth it, and I've never looked back. It's totally worth the investment considering how much they charge to do it in a salon, and from my experience, Gelish lasts much longer than anything comparable on the market. Here are my tips and advice for the Gelish system.

1. Do NOT buy all that crap to remove and set the gel! What a waste of money! Get some 100% pure acetone to remove and get some 70% alcohol from the drug store to set your mani. NO NEED to waste money on the fancy stuff, it's WAY overpriced. The acetone and alcohol in large size bottles will cost less than 10 bucks and last for months upon months. The Ph Bond is also useless. You need to "rough" up your nail bed and clean it with alcohol, that's all. All the Ph Bond does is dehydrate the nail bed, you can do this for pennies versus 14 bucks for a tiny bottle of useless-ness.

2. Some of the colors aren't that great, when I'm looking for a new color I steer clear of the ultra creamy pastels, for some reason they do not layer onto the nail well and are just, in general, super hard to work with. Also, some of the colors change after several days, so be aware of that. Most aren't that noticeable or that big of a deal, but I've noticed that the lighter pinks are really bad for turning yellowish after a week or so.

3. If you are doing them yourself, be patient! It takes FOREVER! But hey! It lasts for 3 weeks! and if you do a simple color without any frills, you can totally get away with doing just a fill once or *maybe* twice...it depends, all you gotta do though is take a buffing block and buff the natural nail and smooth down the re-growth line and then apply the whole process as usual, base-color-top.~~ It may take you once or twice to get it down also, it is slightly different than slapping on some polish. I like to do one entire hand from start to finish before I do the other, it makes you less accident prone, and believe me, you don't wanna screw up this stuff after you set it with the light and before you set it with the top coat, you will have to soak it off and start over.

4. I highly recommend the LED light, the UV lights are obviously unhealthy. The LED also dries your nails WAY faster. The actual at home Gelish LED lamp cost somewhere around 50 bucks, but I've have mine for going on 3 years and it still works like a champ, it has most def paid for itself since I don't over pay some person to do something I can do better at home.

5. Bottom line- If you love to do your own nails, and spend a lot of time on them, Gelish is your new bestest-best-ever-friend. Invest and you won't regret, I promise!

on 10/11/2013 10:22:00 AM

Love Gelish, I do my own nails at home and have recently stopped buying Shellac and started using Gelish which is much harder wearing and shinier. Not easy to apply and it does take practice but once applied correctly I have perfect nails for at least 10 days. Make sure the first coat you apply is perfect, ensure the gel does not flood your cuticles or touch your skin, if it does this will cause lifting once dry. Also make sure you seal the free edge with each layer, very important to prevent chipping. Take your time, it takes a good hour and make sure you have excellent light, I use a nail lamp, yes it really does make a difference, application is everything. Enjoy salon results at home!! It last 4-6 weeks on my toes, basically until it grows off. I have lots of colours, at the moment my favourite winter ones are plum and done (dark purple), good gossip (sparkly red), bellas vampire ( dark almost black), a glitter gelish looks great over bellas vampire to add some sparkle. One essential tip is to use a nail oil daily to keep your nails from drying out and dehydrating which could cause peeling and chipping. I have learnt this from experience by using a nail oil you will keep your nails in tip top condition!

on 6/26/2013 8:57:00 AM

I work in a hospital. We are not allowed to have acrylic nails for safety reasons. We are allowed to have nail polish as long as it is not chipped. This is hard because regular nail polish will last 3 days tops on me and then I have to redo my nails. I tried gel nail polish a few months ago and I am hooked. I bought a UV light off of amazon and they have a huge selection of gel nail polish. I have about 20 gel nail polishes. You have to apply a foundation base coat and a top coat. I find the gel nail polish will last almost 2 weeks. This is amazing for me since I am constantly washing my hands at work. If you do your nails a lot then I would recommend buying your own UV light and nail polishes rather than going to a professional. Some people I work with are paying $35-40 every 3 weeks for gel nails. To me that is really expensive when I can do it from home anytime I want. The nail polishes will run around $13 each on amazon but a little of this stuff goes a long way. I do my nails, my sister's nails, nieces, and friends and I haven't even made a dent in my polishes yet. If you need a long lasting manicure then I would definitely go with gel.

i will admit... i have a fetish for gel nails. i love how they look- mirror glass finish, if my nails didnt grow so fast- the gel would last 4-5 weeks, i never have to worry about knicks, or sitting around waiting for a base coat, color and top coat to dry (which can take upwards of an hour), when i am done curing them, i can dig around in my purse and not worry about a thing. i have tried many brands of gels- OPI, shellac, nutri-nail, and sensational (bought at walgreens) and i must admit that gelish is by far my favorite. With that being said, i know it is very expensive- i bought the lamp, 2 foundations, 2 top it offs, 2 bonds, a few of the cleaners and a few of the gelish acetone bottles- along with about 30 colors. I spent a TON of money... however, i was paying $20 every two weeks on a gel manicure, plus a tip. After a year- all of it will have paid itself off. thats not including my gelish pedicures i do in the summertime. if you are able to afford it, go buy the starter kit, a few of your favorite gelish colors and the lamp- you can always add colors later on... i absolutley love it, the variety of colors, the easy step by step guide. One recommendation i have- if you decide to buy your own kit- stick with an LED lamp instead of a UV lamp. Why? I found that the LED is quite a bit cheaper AND the cure time for your nails is 75% faster with the LED. Sallys has everything there to get you started- which will save you so much money in the long run! I give it 5 lippies for the quality of the product, the selection of colors (they have 100+ colors when many other brands dont have half the selection), its easy to apply, and easy to soak off (if you follow the directions properly). IT does take me 3 hours or so to soak off, trim, file nails and cuticles, and apply and cure layers of polish- but its so worth the 3-5 week stay time! LOVE IT! <3

I get a Gelish manicure at my salon for $12.00. Right now I have on Good Gossip and it is a beautiful red color with a lot of glitter and shine. I will never use regular nail polish again, and for $12.00, it's something I can treat myself to every two weeks.

I have tried OPI gel, Shallac and now Gelish and can say that Gelish is by far my favorite. Have tried the Gelish in 'Queen of Hearts' and the colour is vibrant, durable and lasts without peeling (unlike the shallac) and only really needs to be taken off because of the regrowth of nails.

I have this done in a salon which is around 25 and is good price for the product, however to buy this and do it at home is really expensive and I wouldn't do.

Even when the gel has been removed, it doesn't affect your nails, however they need have to be buffed to give an even finish to your natural nail. I think if you were to keep this up as a long term thing then your nails would become weak but great for holidays and to treat yourself to once every now and then!

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I paid 10 for this manicure as I have a few "doos" coming up and couldn't be bothered with polish. I got this in Hot Rod Red and my word it's true to its name! A proper slutty red lol, perfect as that's the exact colour I asked for!!!( yes really!!! Lol)

Anyways, the girl lightly filed over my nails to make them coarse so the Gelish base coat would stick better, popped my hands under uv lamp, then did two coats of the colour, after each coat my nails were again put under uv lamp, then a top coat was applied and again put under uv.

I've had them done for two days now, and touch wood, no chipping and the gloss is still as glossy and shiny as the day they were done!!!!
I'd recommend this over shellac, I just didn't find shellac to last as long or look as nice and glossy!!!!!

on 9/9/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this product after seeing it on a sales associates nails at Sally's. I had used the UV Gel product before but only when I had my nails professionally done. The clerk explained everything to me and I didn't purchase the whole kit as the Gelish Company recommends, I only purchased the nail color "HIGH BRIDGE." Sally's had a UV Lamp on sale and the top coat cam e with it for free and being a girl on a budget I had to go the cheapest route possible.

The Gelish worked fine without all of the other layers Gelish recommends and my polish lasted at least two weeks.

The only problem I have noticed is that my nails are starting to peel from the edges, so I may invest in the Gelish base to see if that will protect my natural nail.

Over all I am satisfied with this product, I just wish they had a better variety of colors. On second though I have not looked them up on the net, it may just be that Sally's didn't have a good selection.

What I love most about gelish is their amazing color selection. While you are able to layer CND Shellac to create more colors, your options are still quite limited. Of course, Shellac offers the basics, but I wanted more than that especially during the summer months. Gelish offers a neon collection and variations on glitter and metallic. In addition, you can also layer gelish to create more color. I also find that if I know what color I am looking for, I can get a full sized bottle online as opposed to a mini-bottle at my local beauty supply company.

Popular Polishes