Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

on 3/11/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had little patience for manicured nails, and I am super hard on my hands. My husband loves colored nails so I searched for the strongest, longest-lasting polishes I could find. I use Gelish colors with the LED lamp, and they last up to 3 weeks on my hands, and at least a month on my toes! Gelish has a beautiful range of fun colors, so I don't get bored with the same old look. I can't imagine why I'd ever use anything else on my nails.

on 9/1/2011 4:34:00 PM

This review is for Gelish "do it yourself" as I am too cheap (and fickle) to have this done at a salon. Besides, from reading the other reviews here it seems like the salons don't remove the product properly and wreck their clients' nails.

I've had the system for just over a month and I absolutely LOVE it! My nails are finally growing out and the shine the top coat gives in incredible. I was obsessed with getting the application right so I did it from start to finish one or two days apart when I first got the system. Each time, I soaked the nails off using the foil method with acetone and all of it came off without any scraping or damage to my nail. The only thing I did the first time was just barely remove the shine off my nails with a buffer. I actually don't think you really need to do that. I followed all the steps as per the DVD that came with the mini starter kit including two coats of clear Gelish polish. The really great thing is that I can put polish on top of the Gelish and take it off with non-acetone remover and the Gelish is left completely intact.

The only tricky part is realizing that the foundation coat in particular can really run into the cuticle so you have to really make sure you put on thin layers and keep it away from the edges of the nails as it will level into those areas a little bit on it's own. Apparently, running a cuticle stick along the edges can also clean it up but I prefer not to even have to do that. On the third try I had it mastered and I have beautifully smooth and even edges.

The only thing I didn't like about the system was the mini light. It's just not great and you can't get replacement bulbs so I exchanged it for a more serious light.

If you like painting your nails and can handle experimenting until you get it right, you should give this a try for sure.

I should add that I even used some of my own regular polish between the foundation and top coat and it worked really well but it was just a little more difficult to remove all the layers.

Great product.....HG for me.

Popular Polishes