Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
 Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Gel Polish

4.4

i will admit... i have a fetish for gel nails. i love how they look- mirror glass finish, if my nails didnt grow so fast- the gel would last 4-5 weeks, i never have to worry about knicks, or sitting around waiting for a base coat, color and top coat to dry (which can take upwards of an hour), when i am done curing them, i can dig around in my purse and not worry about a thing. i have tried many brands of gels- OPI, shellac, nutri-nail, and sensational (bought at walgreens) and i must admit that gelish is by far my favorite. With that being said, i know it is very expensive- i bought the lamp, 2 foundations, 2 top it offs, 2 bonds, a few of the cleaners and a few of the gelish acetone bottles- along with about 30 colors. I spent a TON of money... however, i was paying $20 every two weeks on a gel manicure, plus a tip. After a year- all of it will have paid itself off. thats not including my gelish pedicures i do in the summertime. if you are able to afford it, go buy the starter kit, a few of your favorite gelish colors and the lamp- you can always add colors later on... i absolutley love it, the variety of colors, the easy step by step guide. One recommendation i have- if you decide to buy your own kit- stick with an LED lamp instead of a UV lamp. Why? I found that the LED is quite a bit cheaper AND the cure time for your nails is 75% faster with the LED. Sallys has everything there to get you started- which will save you so much money in the long run! I give it 5 lippies for the quality of the product, the selection of colors (they have 100+ colors when many other brands dont have half the selection), its easy to apply, and easy to soak off (if you follow the directions properly). IT does take me 3 hours or so to soak off, trim, file nails and cuticles, and apply and cure layers of polish- but its so worth the 3-5 week stay time! LOVE IT! <3

on 12/26/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Wanted to love this so badly but can't get it to work properly. After watching numerous videos and reading tutorials I thought I would have this down. Looks amazing at first. Didn't expect it to be foolproof but I can't get it to last more than 4 or so days. I find I get lifting at the edges of my nails and as soon as it starts to lift there is no stopping it.

Some of the reviews on here shocked me into writing my own. Firstly I am a professional nail tech who has been fully trained and has been successfully Gelishing my clients for nearly two years.

Gelish is supposed to be a professional product however I know many people purchase kits to use on themselves and others. I will outline the proper procedure as I know untrained people continue to use the product anyway.

My biggest concern is lamps and curing times. Under/over cure can cause problems in both instances. Overcured product will result in service breakdown and more worryingly, undercure will mean product that has not fully cured will be present on the nails, potentially causing overexposure. You cannot tell by looking if a nail is cured or not. You must use a 36 watt lamp or Gelish LED lamp and the correct timings.

Sanitise hands.
Gently push back cuticles and shape free edge.
Use a gentle buffer to remove the shine from the nail plate.
Use Gelish Cleanser to remove dust and clean nail.
Apply Ph Bond sparingly.
Apply foundation thinly and cap free edge, cure for 1 minute.
Use a dry gel brush and wipe over tacky layer of foundation.
Apply a thin coat of colour and cap free edge, cure or 2 minutes.
Repeat step above.
Apply thin coat of Top It Off, cure for 2 minutes.
Remove tacky layer with cleanser.
Apply cuticle oil.

This is the correct procedure when using a UV lamp.

Gelish is an amazing product, I always get two weeks from my mani with no chips. The colour choice is fantastic and the shine is incredible too. Removal is fast and easy with no damage to my nails. I cannot imagine my life without this product, both for myself and my clients :o)

on 1/15/2012 10:43:00 PM

Love, Love, LOVE gelish! The initial investment is about $100 for the kit, light and color but this stuff lasts forever. My manicures last 10-14 days and I have only had to remove them because of the grow out. I soak my nails in acetone for about 10 minutes and the gel just flakes off without damaging my nails. I'm a stay at home mom who is constantly doing yard work, laundry, dishes and taking fitness classes at the gym. I'm very active and this stuff just doesn't chip or lose it's shine.

I love what gelish does for my nails, but the people who are really benefiting are my five and six year old daughters. Whenever I would polish their nails with regular polish, it would be chipped or gone in a day or two. This lasts at least a week on their tiny little nails and look shiny and pretty until they're removed (typically, they peel them off in the tub when they want another mani :). I can't believe that I've spent so much money on my polish collection when there was something like this on the market. I will never buy another kind of polish again,.

I got a manicure with this at a nail salon. I really liked it my flimsy nail felt stronger. SInce it is pretty pricy to go to the salon I did my own research on gel nails and found something cheaper and just as good. I'm still new to the system but I'm sure I can get it to work with time. Asp Lightless Gel kit. The kit is like $20, but u can get the gel and the cure seperate for like 7 to 9 bucks a piece. the extra u need is the acetone, a nail brush, and a glass container for the acetone. the application is a bit messy since you have to apply the gel from a squeezy bottle, but that's where u use the nail brush to evenly dispurse the gel. between each applicaion dip the bruch in acetone. On each layer u use the spray cure give it a few seconds and it hardens. YOU DON'T NEED THE LIGHT TO CURE THE GEL!

the only problem, maybe cuz I'm new to the system and longer nails i mess with them and they crack. but I add a little layer and spray and it's like new. Removal is just like the Gelish with the acetone, and the cotton soak. there's a few videos on Youtube that give really good instructions.

Popular Polishes