Jurlique Rose Love Balm

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.2

I was initially given this as a present by my sister in law who is a makeup/skin care fanatic and price isn't really an issue for her. The smell is divine, it's not too greasy and is really moisturising. It lasted ages but when I did run out I went back to my usual petroleum jelly based lip balm and was amazed at how synthetic it was in comparison and the fragrance was really fake smelling. The Jurlique Rose Love Balm is a bit more pricey but it's worth paying a bit more for natural ingredients and it works a treat on dry skin on my knuckles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is one of my favourites. Both the original and the rose scented formula are beautiful. Very moisturizing and I love the tin packaging. The rose scented balm smells amazing and not too overpowering. The only negatives to me is the $15 AUD price and that it doesn't have too great staying power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

The packaging is cute and the smell of roses is really great...and that's all the positive I found in this product. I bought this as a lip balm and cuticle cream. It made my lips sooooo dry and increadibly flaky. I could just peel flakes of skin from my lips, which left them raw and bleeding. Will not repurchase

The fragrance and texture of Rose Love Balm are the reasons I won't repurchase. First, the heavy floral odor...I think it's so strong that either you'll love it or despise it. Second, the waxy nature of the balm makes it incredibly difficult to get a meaningful amount out of the tin. Pressing very hard with my finger does not work...perhaps a small plastic scoop of some sort would work better. I think it does moisturize the skin surface to a degree, but add in the smell and the texture and I feel it's not worth a repeat...there are simply other, better moisturizers on the market.

This is a lovely little moisturizing balm. I bought for my lips though, and I don't really like it for this purpose. It makes my lips flaky and strange when I use only this for a day. But the rose smell is wonderful though, and very real.
I would buy this product again as a intensive moisturizer for dry skin areas, but not as a lip balm (as I believe it was intended).