Jurlique Rose Love Balm

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is one of my favourites. Both the original and the rose scented formula are beautiful. Very moisturizing and I love the tin packaging. The rose scented balm smells amazing and not too overpowering. The only negatives to me is the $15 AUD price and that it doesn't have too great staying power.

Jurlique Love Balm Rose, is a delightful, multi-purpose product.
I use it as a sleep balm, a soothing moisturizer for dry patches, and as a lip balm.
The scent is that of natural rose, and as it's Jurlique, I can count on product purity.
I'm totally pleased with this balm, and fail to understand the negativity of some of the other reviews.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this on drugstore.com on sale for about $4. The packaging is totally cute. I love tin balms. I use this at night and it does go on greasy/oily. I feel it just sits on top of my lips, no absorption nor does it moisturize. It also smells very strongly of roses. Which is nice if you put it on your cuticle - far from your nose. The smell is just too overpowering for me. Also, if you accidentally lick your lips after applying this balm, it tastes very perfumey. Not a fan at all and will not repurchase.

I got this at a sephora counter. It's not the rose one. Just a plain Jurilique Love Balm. I was looking for a cream that i can put on anywhere (hands, cuticles to the dry patches on my face) and that's portable. The sales person recommended this to me. It cost me 10$. It comes in a little metal container, pretty cute though not really hygenic in the long run. I really like it. you really don't need a lot or it'll just make you greasy and oily. It goes on slightly greasy and it takes a while to be absorbed before the oiliness disappears. The smell is pretty unique. It took me some time before getting used to it. But now I really like the smell, it's pretty refreshing. I've used this on my cracked heels during summer and it gives a good few hours of moisture and it made them look less cracked. I've used this on my face for dry patches and it made it much softer. I've tried this on my lips... it was okay, nothing spectacular (though i'd still prefer my lipbalm...) So give it a shot.

The fragrance and texture of Rose Love Balm are the reasons I won't repurchase. First, the heavy floral odor...I think it's so strong that either you'll love it or despise it. Second, the waxy nature of the balm makes it incredibly difficult to get a meaningful amount out of the tin. Pressing very hard with my finger does not work...perhaps a small plastic scoop of some sort would work better. I think it does moisturize the skin surface to a degree, but add in the smell and the texture and I feel it's not worth a repeat...there are simply other, better moisturizers on the market.