Jurlique Rose Love Balm

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.6

Smells great, absorbs fairly quickly - not the best for super cracked and dry lips (e.g. compared to Malin & Goetz, LRP etc.) but fine for daily maintenance. Expensive though. I have the rose scented one which has a delicious, natural rose fragrance.

Jurlique Love Balm Rose, is a delightful, multi-purpose product.
I use it as a sleep balm, a soothing moisturizer for dry patches, and as a lip balm.
The scent is that of natural rose, and as it's Jurlique, I can count on product purity.
I'm totally pleased with this balm, and fail to understand the negativity of some of the other reviews.

I got this at a sephora counter. It's not the rose one. Just a plain Jurilique Love Balm. I was looking for a cream that i can put on anywhere (hands, cuticles to the dry patches on my face) and that's portable. The sales person recommended this to me. It cost me 10$. It comes in a little metal container, pretty cute though not really hygenic in the long run. I really like it. you really don't need a lot or it'll just make you greasy and oily. It goes on slightly greasy and it takes a while to be absorbed before the oiliness disappears. The smell is pretty unique. It took me some time before getting used to it. But now I really like the smell, it's pretty refreshing. I've used this on my cracked heels during summer and it gives a good few hours of moisture and it made them look less cracked. I've used this on my face for dry patches and it made it much softer. I've tried this on my lips... it was okay, nothing spectacular (though i'd still prefer my lipbalm...) So give it a shot.

The fragrance and texture of Rose Love Balm are the reasons I won't repurchase. First, the heavy floral odor...I think it's so strong that either you'll love it or despise it. Second, the waxy nature of the balm makes it incredibly difficult to get a meaningful amount out of the tin. Pressing very hard with my finger does not work...perhaps a small plastic scoop of some sort would work better. I think it does moisturize the skin surface to a degree, but add in the smell and the texture and I feel it's not worth a repeat...there are simply other, better moisturizers on the market.

This is a lovely little moisturizing balm. I bought for my lips though, and I don't really like it for this purpose. It makes my lips flaky and strange when I use only this for a day. But the rose smell is wonderful though, and very real.
I would buy this product again as a intensive moisturizer for dry skin areas, but not as a lip balm (as I believe it was intended).