Jurlique Rose Love Balm

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the airport just because I thought this could be like a nice smelling sort of everything balm. It came in a good quality metal little pot with a screw lid. This can be a bit hard to open if you move in and out of areas with highly fluctuating temperatures. Upon opening, I found the rose scent is natural but a bit strong initially. The smell dissipates quite quickly though. When you rub your finger on the balm surface, it melts and transfers quickly as oil onto your fingertip which you can then apply onto your lips. As a lipbalm, I did not think it did a good job. After awhile, my lips felt drier than prior to application and they also felt more flaky. Also, it didn't help to moisturise my elbows or any other bits that required moisturising, so now I just carry it around in my bag and rub it on my wrists, behind my ears, or under my nose to mask the smell of something unpleasant nearby. It's pretty expensive for a poor performing product but it smells nice.

Smells great, absorbs fairly quickly - not the best for super cracked and dry lips (e.g. compared to Malin & Goetz, LRP etc.) but fine for daily maintenance. Expensive though. I have the rose scented one which has a delicious, natural rose fragrance.

I was initially given this as a present by my sister in law who is a makeup/skin care fanatic and price isn't really an issue for her. The smell is divine, it's not too greasy and is really moisturising. It lasted ages but when I did run out I went back to my usual petroleum jelly based lip balm and was amazed at how synthetic it was in comparison and the fragrance was really fake smelling. The Jurlique Rose Love Balm is a bit more pricey but it's worth paying a bit more for natural ingredients and it works a treat on dry skin on my knuckles.

The fragrance and texture of Rose Love Balm are the reasons I won't repurchase. First, the heavy floral odor...I think it's so strong that either you'll love it or despise it. Second, the waxy nature of the balm makes it incredibly difficult to get a meaningful amount out of the tin. Pressing very hard with my finger does not work...perhaps a small plastic scoop of some sort would work better. I think it does moisturize the skin surface to a degree, but add in the smell and the texture and I feel it's not worth a repeat...there are simply other, better moisturizers on the market.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm in love with the natural rose scent so I would definitely repurchase. it's not the best lip balm I used, but I do like it. I alternate with other lip balms. this enhances my aromatherapy experience when used with other Jurlique products. it leaves a natural sheen and it very lightweight. I use it under my lip tint. this is also multi purpose- softens dry patches and cuticles as well.