Jurlique Rose Love Balm

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.5

*This review is for the original, tangerine scented love balm.
A pretty decent product. I feel like I get the same results from a drugstore lip balm. The taste and scent are lovely, especially if you're a fan of citrus fruits. It is pretty shiny, but not at all sticky or greasy. It's very good for use on the elbows and knees as well. On the other hand, the packaging it hard to pry open, the balm turns gritty in the tin after just a short while, and the price is a little too high. I bought mine at Sephora with a coupon, so it was around $7. However, I've seen it on feelunique.com for as much as $15.50. I won't be repurchasing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried a million different lip balms and this by far is my favorite! I have very dry lips but love lipstick, so i have been trying to find a lip balm that will keep my lips moisturized all day underneath my lipstick, and this one does the job. Other lip balms i tried in the past would not sit well underneath lipstick i would get lines or it would bunch up, but this one is perfect! It also has a nice light scent of roses and applies very smoothly. The one huge downside for me is the packaging i hate one's were you have to stick your finger in it. If you have very dry lips like me i would suggest this, i also use a lip scrub and lip mask at night which helps as well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is one of my favourites. Both the original and the rose scented formula are beautiful. Very moisturizing and I love the tin packaging. The rose scented balm smells amazing and not too overpowering. The only negatives to me is the $15 AUD price and that it doesn't have too great staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wouldn't consider buying this, but I had points for birchbox a while back and ended up getting this free before I cancelled birchbox. The packaging is simple and cute. It's a small metal tin with pink. What I didn't care for was the product itself. I'm not really a fan of tins, I would rather have a lip balm in stick form, but I thought what the heck. The product is hard to get out of the pan because its super solid. I had to rub my finger over and over to get a good amount. I would prefer it to be a little easier and creamier. Smells like roses so I did like that, but this didn't moisturize my lips as much as I would've liked. All in all, I will finish up this product but I will not be buying again. It's good that it had some natural ingredients in it, but its just not worth it to spend money on next time when I don't love it. This sits by my bed so before I go to bed I can use it, but I don't carry it around my purse during the day because I don't love it. I've used this under my eyes too and around the dry areas of my nose to use it up and it does an ok job.

I got this at a sephora counter. It's not the rose one. Just a plain Jurilique Love Balm. I was looking for a cream that i can put on anywhere (hands, cuticles to the dry patches on my face) and that's portable. The sales person recommended this to me. It cost me 10$. It comes in a little metal container, pretty cute though not really hygenic in the long run. I really like it. you really don't need a lot or it'll just make you greasy and oily. It goes on slightly greasy and it takes a while to be absorbed before the oiliness disappears. The smell is pretty unique. It took me some time before getting used to it. But now I really like the smell, it's pretty refreshing. I've used this on my cracked heels during summer and it gives a good few hours of moisture and it made them look less cracked. I've used this on my face for dry patches and it made it much softer. I've tried this on my lips... it was okay, nothing spectacular (though i'd still prefer my lipbalm...) So give it a shot.

This is a lovely little moisturizing balm. I bought for my lips though, and I don't really like it for this purpose. It makes my lips flaky and strange when I use only this for a day. But the rose smell is wonderful though, and very real.
I would buy this product again as a intensive moisturizer for dry skin areas, but not as a lip balm (as I believe it was intended).