L'Oreal Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment

L'Oreal Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment

3.3

AQUA / WATER *BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE *GLYCERIN *ALCOHOL DENAT *DIMETHICONE *HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID *PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE *SODIUM HYALURONATE *SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE *PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE *PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 *ADENOSINE *AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE *DISODIUM EDTA *CAPRYLYL GLYCOL *CITRIC ACID *XANTHAN GUM *N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE *CHRYSIN *OCTYLDODECANOL *SODIUM BENZOATE *PHENOXYETHANOL *LIMONENE *PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 5/28/2016 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The serum is pretty light, so it's good for my oily and acne-prone skin. However, I can't say that the other products I apply on top of the serum really become more effective upon applying the Youth Code. So this is a miss for me :(

on 3/11/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 2 months. I have combination skin, maybe more on the oily side. That creates problems when trying to find non-greasy products. I was curious about the Youth Code line, so I gave this a shot. I love that the serum easily absorbs into my skin, and it gives a gorgeous radiant glow. I'm 26 with fairly clear skin, and after applying this serum I never want to wear makeup on top. Besides the dewy glow, my skin feels tight, very hydrated and I never break out after using. Looking into trying more of the Loréal Youth Code line :)

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/9/2016 6:20:00 PM

I can't say that it does anything to my skin that I really notice, but then that is the thing with almost all serums. I bought it half price, so it didn't hurt much!! The bottle is really fancy looking which makes me wonder if I am paying for the packaging mostly.

on 11/20/2015 8:53:00 PM

It's comfortable on the skin. It works for me. It has both Bifida ferment and Matrixyl 3000.

Unfortunately it's much harder to find Youth Code in store now.

I use this serum together with the Youth Code cream. I also use eye cream, sunblock and foundation of another inexpensive French brand. I also use Asian facial masks for brightening and light exfoliation occasionally.

It has kept my skin from growing old. It works. Once I stopped, I noticed the difference. Then I switched back to Youth Code, but it did not reverse the damage. (So if you still look young, just keep using it and don't ever stop.)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have had to amend my review on this product. Previously, I wasn't impressed. I'm now in love with it!

I stopped using it because I wasn't impressed with it. But I began using it again about two weeks ago, steadily, and my skin has become smoother and hydrated.

I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th bottle and I actually love it . I have acne prone skin so a serium is perfect . Not to heavy . It has actually cleared all my black heads on my nose . I use it after washing my face morning and night . Rub it in and apply makeup . I can't say any wrinkles moved ( iam 31 I don't have any yet ) but my skin looks smooth and plump ! I will keep buying it for sure . I have been using it for over 3 months now and it is a great product .

on 6/14/2014 11:30:00 PM

I keep repurchasing this because it contains Bifida Ferment Lysate, the key ingredient in Estee Laude Advanced Night Repair and Lancome Genefique.

I save a lot of money buying this instead of Estee/ Lancome. The price is 1/4 of Genefique/Estee ANR. The results are about the same.

I put more money on correcting serum instead like Visionaire, EL Perfectionist, Laneige Time Freeze, SKII Repair C.

Edit: I am switching to Sulwhasoo now. I just found people saying that it is better than Youth Code. I replace the Salicyloy Phytophingosine in it by using Naruko Toning Bottle instead.

on 4/24/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this as a cheaper substitute for Advanced Genefique which I liked when I had samples a few months ago. The ingredients are almost the same. But this smells like Finesse shampoo. I don't know why they put that scent in it, but I don't like it. It's too soon to tell if I get any skin improvement but if I do, I'll update this. For now, I am not impressed and only got it in desperation as my skin is aging fast. The good thing is there is no allergic reaction.

Edit May 5, 2014: I am downgrading this to one star because I despise the smell and it has done nothing at all for my skin. It may have almost the same ingredients as the Advanced Genefique, but it seems to be missing some crucial ingredient because it does not work at all.

Edit May 15, 2014: I must apologize for my harsh criticism of this product. I think it is doing something after all. My whiteheads are going away. One of them is completely gone. And I've had them for several years. It has to be this. I've tried tiny samples of other serums - not long enough to make any change. I still use the anti aging creams every night and there is certainly nothing in them to dry up whiteheads. But I put this on several times a day as an experiment. I liked the glow it gave my skin and I wondered if all the nutrients in it would actually improve my skin. I think I may try the rest of the Youth Code line. I cannot shell out over $100 for a bottle of Genefique and this one is about $24 for the same size. There is something good in this. Maybe good enough. I have upgraded my rating and will continue to post any progress or changes. PS I love the pump bottle. It dispenses just the right amount to smooth on the face and it is just so much better than a dropper. I am used to the weird smell and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Update Oct. 1, 2014: This never did shrink my second whitehead, and I can't say it has done anything for me. I've got the same wrinkle patterns. Sure it has similar ingredients to Genifique but that is nothing to write home about either. I am through looking for a magical improvement. I literally get better skin from Vaseline than from these serums. So I am giving up on them.

Update July 19, 2015: The last whitehead did go away just suddenly after shrinking for several months. I didn't give up on this after all and I'm using the Youth Code Texture Perfector now too. I do use other creams to moisturize but I use these serums to treat my skin and I think they are worth it. I know now that nothing can take away wrinkles now that I am 66, but I think the serums do improve the quality of the skin. I have again upgraded my rating.

Update Apr. 4/16: This is still a useful product. When my foundation was a total failure I washed it off and put the Youth Code serum on, and my face was restored to a normal and youthful glow. I will always keep this around. It may not erase the years but at least it doesn't add years like some horrible products do.

Alert May 4/16: it looks like they have discontinued it. All the other Youth Code products are on the shelves but not this one. I have a little bit left so I've been looking for it and so far no one carries it. Every store that used to carry it still has the horrible Texture Perfector plus some new line in a yellow bottle. It is so obviously discontinued, probably to force us to buy Genifique. But sorry, I can't pay $120 for skin care. I'm forced to look elsewhere.

I just looked at the L'Oreal website. It's still for sale in the US but not in Canada.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I find this to be a more than adequate substitute for Skin Genesis..only qualm I have is that it dries too quickly for me because I like to massage products into the skin not just throw them on..not necessarily cheap either.

All-in-all, nice!!!

on 4/21/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this on a whim, to try and deal with the dry flakes I was getting from extreme winter weather. My skin is usually oily and sensitive, but at times I can get combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks from weather and my prescription acne gel. It happened to be on sale at the time, and I was curious to try another serum since I had used dermologica's skin hydrating booster in the past with great results.

This serum was extremely-overly fragrant, but the consistency was quite good and absorbed easily into my skin. When my skin is sensitive, fragrance makes it more itchy.

I will not be buying this again, however, as there is way too much packaging for such a small amount of product (comes in a relatively large plastic pump, but the amount is so little that it feels like it's empty).

This might be a good product for those who don't mind fragrance.