La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.1

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 6/9/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this on clearance, not sure what I paid but a lot less than normal cost. I have extremely sensitive and dry skin; while this doesn't irritate, it isn't heavy enough for my rashes, and unnecessary for my "normal" skin (already had something working for those, seemed a waste to use this on those areas). So I put it aside for awhile...

I was having issues with my eyes being teary (watery) when I wore makeup, and was doing some testing to figure out what was causing it. Finally figured out it was the moisturizer I was using on my eyelids when I wore makeup; odd that it didn't bother the skin, but just made my eyes watery... (I think it was the niacinamide). So next time I wore makeup, I used this--voila! No irritation, it's not too greasy to use under makeup (my night eye cream is way too greasy), just what I needed! Oh, and I blot slightly on the lids before applying eye primer.

Glad I finally found the niche for this product. Should last me a LONG time using it this way, so really happy it's in this special pump.

on 6/7/2016 11:32:00 AM

Love it, really easy to use and feel nice and does not irritate at all.😍 Although it is slightly on the pricy side.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

This product states it's for irritated skin . I don't have irritated skin but it felt nice as a basic moisturizer with minimal chemicals and ingredients or fragrance. It is on the pricey side though and A small bottle.i would try it again though.

on 3/11/2016 4:14:00 PM

I bought this product originally as a face moisturizer. I have combination skin and this fluid just leaves me looking very oily/greasy. However I just use this on my eyes now as my eye cream and it serves this purpose very well very moisturizing and gentle doesn't hurt sensitive eyes. As an eye cream it lasts very long I've had it for 8 months and it still hasn't run out, but it would probably run out faster if used on the whole face. In the end it's a good product but it didn't serve its initial purpose so I think it deserves 3 stars.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I really wanted to try something new as my skin's very dry in the winter months. I work at a Shoppers and staff and customers say great things about La Roche Posay. Lately I've been using oils on my face after cleansing, so thought I perhaps needed a face lotion. Long story short, this gave me not only little itchy bumps on my forehead, but acne, yes acne and not just a pimple here or there. For example, hardly ever break out on nose, now I've a row of 3 zits by the right side of my nose. No can do.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have finally found the moisturizer for my skin!!!!!
I have very sensitive skin,mild Rosacea and am in my mid thirties. For the longest time I was using the Laroche Posay Rosaliac moisturizer, but ran out a few weeks back. The girl at the drugstore convinced me to try the the Avene Antirouger... OMG MY SKIN TOTALLY BROKE OUT BAD. After being mortified I found a sample of the Toleraine ultra in my kit, and upon application, it instantly soothed my skin. I have since purchased it, and find it works even BETTER at controlling my Rosacea than the Rosaliac line. It goes on very light but keeps skin moisturized all throughout the day. There's absolutely no smell, so I can be sure it's fragrance free. There are very minimal ingredients - and for me, that's s plus. I use it with the Toleraine dermo cleanser which is kind of like a cleansing milk that doesn't dry out my skin.
After lots of trial and error, this lotion is my saving grace. If you have super sensitive skin, try it. Good luck!!

on 1/17/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this cream as an eye cream and it works wonders. My skin is super sensitive, thanks to a Philosophy retinol product I used over a year and a half ago. For a long time, everything I was used to using broke me out in an angry red rash and caused ugly swelling around my eyes. I had to use a prescription medication for several weeks which did help calm my skin down. But I had to change all my skin care products. Even some that were supposed to be for sensitive skin caused a reaction. I finally turned to La Roche Posay Toleraine skin fluid and that seemed to work just fine. My skin is oily so this light fluid was the perfect formula for under makeup and didn't cause any rashes or swelling. However, I also needed an eye cream so I purchased the Toleraine Ultra formula and it has worked out really well. I use about one half pump and then split this in two and apply the cream to each eyelid and underneath my eyes. It takes about 5 minutes to completely soak in. Using this cream has completely cured the dry patches on my eyelids and now they are nice and smooth with no trace of the dryness. I know that eye creams are simply richer versions of facial moisturizers so it's no surprise that this Ultra cream works well for my eyes. I have other eye creams but they all seems to cause some kind of reaction. Using Ultra under my eyes provides a perfect canvas for concealer and it never cakes or looks obvious because the area is well moisturized. I suppose this cream would work well if your face was very dry and had scaly patches. Because my skin is rather oily, it wouldn't work all over my face but using it for my eyes has done wonders. My concealer goes on very smoothly and never cakes (I do use a primer however). This cream has been a godsend for my eyes and I haven't had any recurrence of the swelling or red patches like I did in the beginning. Toleraine is the perfect cure for sensitive skin. Both the facial fluid and the Ultra cream work really well for me. I highly recommend both products if you've been having issues with other products causing a reaction. The facial fluid hydrates well and would also be suitable for normal skin. The Ultra cream is the perfect eye cream for me but would also work well for the face if your skin is dry to very dry. I'm so glad I discovered these products. I can't imagine living without them.

on 12/28/2015 1:30:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product but unfortunately my skin got covered in little bumps after using it.

on 8/29/2015 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this stuff. A previous moisturiser made my skin very sensitive and irritated and so I used this to get back to normal. I even put it on eczema patches on my arms as it really calms it down! It moisturises we,l, I'm not left oily, it doesn't break me out, and it makes my skin so much more comfortable. The packaging is good but I have received one that didn't work properly, I sent it back and the others have been fine.

Edit: have had continuous problems with defective pumps. And I also realised it was breaking me out! Luckily my skin has really calmed down. It was the NUXE creme fraiche light moisturiser that was irritating my skin. I'm using up my bottles of toleriane slowly by using on problem patches here and there when I need to.

on 8/24/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What drew me towards Ultra Fluide was their pump feature, which claims that it is super sanitary and prevents any contamination to the product by making it airtight. It is also free of pretty much everything that irritates sensitive skin! Fragrance/alcohol/colorant/paraben/preservative free. I used it a few times and it definitely did not irritate me. Hydrating and skin felt smooth the next morning. The only con about this is that one pump is not enough for my whole face and 2 pumps is too much. Negligible though! Also it's about $40 a bottle, but I think it's worth it!