La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.2

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

Definitely my HG moisturizer. I have severely dry and sensitive skin, and this is amazingly gentle and keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day. If you don't have dry skin I would imagine this might be too heavy, but I'd recommend it as an eye cream at least. I've found this product to be very effective for restoring damaged moisture barriers and keeping skin soft.

The only downside is the price. Because the container is so small, I find myself having to repurchase almost monthly. So far I haven't found anything comparable though, so I will continue to repurchase because it's worth it to me to use a product that works well that my skin won't react to. I've also heard people complaining about the pump, but I've been through four containers now and haven't had an issue with it.

I wish they'd make a larger size of this, but I still love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An excellent cream for sensitive skin. My skin can get sensitive, and this is so gentle and hydrating to use. You can use it as an eye cream as well. I like the hermetic design of the pump (I hate jar packaging so it's nice to have a pump product). This doesn't feel too heavy or too light, it's just right and calms down my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I repurchase this almost religiously. My skin is quite sensitive and it never reacts to this. My skin is left feeling moisturized and soothed. Perfect for day and night use, especially during the winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this because it received great recommendation for use as an eye cream on MUA for those with very sensitive skin. I have a problem with the skin texture on the inner corners of my upper eye lids, it is crepey like the surface of a Ruffles potato chip. I’ve tried eye creams, ointments, even oils and nothing helps (and getting these in my eyes creates other problems...)
The toleriane ultra works very well as it hydrates and plumps my skin, the crepey problem is significantly reduced and most of my fine lines under my eyes are smoothed out as well. The effect lasts most of the day, where everything else would be ineffective about 10-30 minutes after putting on makeup. If I need a boost of moisture during the day, a little of this patted around my eyes helps, but it does disturb my makeup a little.
After only two weeks of use I can’t judge if this will have any long term results, but the improvements I am seeing in the appearance of my eyes make the $$$ price tag worth it, especially since I am using this just on my eyes. I also suffer from allergies and my main symptom is itchy eyes, and the toleriane ultra has an added plus as it is quite soothing and reduces the itchiness.
Part of the hefty price tag is no doubt due to the unusual packaging, it has a special pump designed to keep out contaminants. The product itself is double packaged with a clear hard plastic outer and a clear inner plastic bag which reminds me of the older style of baby bottle liners. I like that I will be able to see how much product is in there, and where I am using it just for my eyes, the bottle will definitely last a few months, if not longer.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Really helped my skin to thrive and replenish after a terrible break out. Only fault is, you don't get much product, which makes continuous buying of this product very pricy

on 3/5/2018 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

When I put this all over my face I thouth I got some breakouts. So I decide to just use it under the eyes. Now I have milia under my eyes. WTH. I will try it after a month or two again to see for sure if its this. Other than that this is completely non-irritating, moisturzing, fragrance free and the packaging is great.

Nice product, but very expensive! It has saved some dry and patchy days for me, but it was an emergency buy, and as such it was more expensive than I could afford in the long run. Great pump dispension and would recommend for very sensitive skin. It feels very "milky" and not rich, as I would normally like a moisturizer. Would repurchase if I suddenly become a millionaire! :)
I recommend buying Squalane from The Ordinary and mixing with a cheaper moisturizer of your choice, since squalane is basically what makes this product nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For the longest time my HG moisturiser had always been Clinique DDMG. But when I moved countries and bought DDMG locally, for some reason it broke me out in cysts. I don't know if its formula changed or the local formula is different, but I was gutted because severely acne-prone people know how difficult it is to find a product that does its job without causing acne. I then did a lot of research and ended up with LRP Toleriane Ultra.

As opposed to DDMG, this product is more creamy than gel-like which at first I thought was bad, but it actually feels light and absorbs easily into the skin just like DDMG. I've been using it for several weeks now and while it doesn't plump my skin or does anything extra, it provides moderate hydration for my face without causing noticeable acne, which is more than enough. I do feel like it causes tiny bumps on my face but I can't really tell for sure because I have a good exfoliator.

on 7/22/2017 12:32:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this product. I'd seen Alex Steinherr use the Toleraine line in some of her 'Sunday Facial' series on Instagram and was quite intrigued. My skin is easily irritated, acneic and has a lot of redness inherently and I thought this seemed like a match made in heaven. Picked this up and nearly immediately could tell it was the cause of some clogged pores on my forehead. Persisted in use and even more bumps appeared. Gutted. I can see from other reviews this is a common occurrence with this. I've not yet tried it exclusively as an eye cream, but willing to do so as it's not the cheapest and I do really want to give this line a chance. Not going to assume the rest of La Roche-Posay is similar so still up for trying their other lines which might be better suited to my skin type. My tip would be to try this as a sample first before committing to a purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for over two years now. My dermatologist recommended it when I completely irritated my skin due to over exfoliation. When your skin is irritated you have to rebuild your skin barrier which needs some ingredients that may cause breakouts if you are acne prone. This one is very light weight and so good for oily/acne prone skin.
The only kickback is the packaging. It is kind of tricky and you have to be gentle with the cap/pump. But in my experience once you get used to it, it's no longer a problem.