La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra

4.1

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 7/22/2017 12:32:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this product. I'd seen Alex Steinherr use the Toleraine line in some of her 'Sunday Facial' series on Instagram and was quite intrigued. My skin is easily irritated, acneic and has a lot of redness inherently and I thought this seemed like a match made in heaven. Picked this up and nearly immediately could tell it was the cause of some clogged pores on my forehead. Persisted in use and even more bumps appeared. Gutted. I can see from other reviews this is a common occurrence with this. I've not yet tried it exclusively as an eye cream, but willing to do so as it's not the cheapest and I do really want to give this line a chance. Not going to assume the rest of La Roche-Posay is similar so still up for trying their other lines which might be better suited to my skin type. My tip would be to try this as a sample first before committing to a purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for over two years now. My dermatologist recommended it when I completely irritated my skin due to over exfoliation. When your skin is irritated you have to rebuild your skin barrier which needs some ingredients that may cause breakouts if you are acne prone. This one is very light weight and so good for oily/acne prone skin.
The only kickback is the packaging. It is kind of tricky and you have to be gentle with the cap/pump. But in my experience once you get used to it, it's no longer a problem.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer and it is the only I have found so far (after an exhaustive search) that doesn't cause my skin to react badly. I have rosacea, perioral dermatitis and eczema and just extremely reactive skin and this moisturizer is amazing for my face.

However omg the packaging sucks. The pump in the bottle has broken on 3 different bottles over the last year and it's an expensive issue for me. I thought I was doing something wrong till I looked online and found I'm not the only one this is happening to. When it breaks (and usually with an almost full bottle) it renders the moisturizer useless and I can't get the moisturizer out effectively or sterilely so I have to order more. Hmm maybe that's their ploy lol but it's not funny.

I have 3 backups at any given time because of this pump problem and I'm so frustrated because it just happened last night again and I wish la Roche Posay could PLEASE come up with a better mechanism with which to deliver this moisturizer. I would switch to something else but it's my holy grail moisturizer and I'm desperate to keep using it. Does anyone have any suggestions about this problem? Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Thanks.

Best,
Missy

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a normal sensitive skin so it's hard to get a moisturizer without breaking out my skin. This is a good one if you have sensitive or acne prone skin and want a suitable moisturizer it's for you. A small amount is enough to moisture all your face. I recommend it.

on 3/2/2017 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Pricey moisturizer but very hygienic and suitable for my acne prone skin. Highly recommended HG moisturizer. Worth the price to pay if you keep breaking out with other moisturizers.

on 2/19/2017 2:02:00 PM

The only moisturizer I can tolerate for my sensitive skin. I love that there is no fragrance and lots of shea butter to calm and sooth my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, dehydrated skin. I bought the night cream first and i love it, so i thought i'd buy this. But this is so much richer than the night version which is more gel-like. My face got really oily and i got little bumps on my forehead.

on 12/22/2016 10:40:00 AM

Love this stuff! I'm going through a sample of this now and am surprised by the results. I was wary at first due to it being marketed for 'dry and intolerant skin', as I have combination skin & a t zone which can sometimes get oily and is susceptible to the occasion breakout, but I've been pleasantly surprised! I have dry patches that often flake, especially in drier seasons, and this moisturiser really hydrates my skin and minimises the flakiness even after I wash it off. This also hasn't irritated my skin, or given me any pimples.

The main problem I have with moisturisers that I've tried is that they sit on my face and don't absorb. Surprisingly this supposedly 'heavier' product really sinks into my skin and leaves it smooth and hydrated, and I can hardly feel it on my skin at all. Haven't tried applying makeup etc on top of this yet so not sure what wear throughout the day will be like in that case.

In all, an amazing moisturiser that I will definitely be repurchasing in the case that I don't find something of the same quality for a lower price in the meantime!

on 11/11/2016 6:39:00 PM

I liked this on my sensitive skin- no burning & moisturizing on my Rosacea skin. Unfortunately thought this caused too many pimples. I will not repurchase. This would be nice for someone not prone to breakouts.

on 10/18/2016 7:32:00 AM

so helpful for my sensitive dry skin, after using this, I felt my skin more stable than before, if you have sensitive and your face easy getting irrated and itchy, this will definitely help! the only cons is it is so small in size, a little bit pricey