Maybelline Expert Wear Single-Tastefully Taupe

Expert Wear Single-Tastefully TaupeExpert Wear Single-Tastefully Taupe

4.4

on 3/23/2018 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very cool toned, satin-y purply taupe that is exactly what I've been looking for. The other taupes I've tried have been too warm for me (Wet n Wild Nutty, MAC Satin Taupe) and pull a yellowish tone on me.
I do simple e/s looks, and I love this color as a lid and slightly-above-the-crease wash for my hooded lids. I add a lighter color in my inner color and at the top of my browbone, and I'm done.
With a primer it lasts all day on me and I don't have any creasing issues, although I don't have oily lids.
The only drawback is that the color is very sheer and needs to be built up to show.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday shadow. My eye makeup goal is Marianne Faithfull circa 1967 -- neutral shadow, a dark liner, and loads of mascara -- and this shadow fits the bill perfectly. I love this formula because it's not frosty so much as glowy, and just gives my lids a subtle wash of color. I also love the simple Maybelline eyeshadow packaging.

I have the repackaged version of Tastefully Taupe that I purchased a few weeks ago. I am not sure if this has been reformulated as part of the repackaging.

I am disappointed in the color pay-off of this eyeshadow. In the pan and when I do a finger swatch, it looks like a shimmery grayish taupe. But applied on my eyelids, there is barely any pigment - all I see is the shimmer without much pigment and it makes my eyelids look so textured.

I am returning this to the store for sure.

I am in love with this eyeshadow! I bought 2 just in case Maybelline discontinues it :P Is the perfect taupe color: not too dark or too brown but still has a great pigmentation and shows up on the lids. The finish is shiny without being glittery or tacky. It looks insane as a lid color when doing a smokey eye. It is a really hard to find shade, I had been looking for something like this on the MAC counter for years and never found it. (For example, MAC Satin Taupe is more a brown color than a taupe). I will always repurchase!

PD: be carefull with other shades: I also bought the shade "Turquoise sea" thinking it will have the same quality as Tastefully Taupe but it was soooo disappointing: chunks of tacky glitter all over my face.

on 11/24/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this. It is quite shimmery with some shiny fallout that happens easily because the shadow is very soft and gets all over. The shimmer makes my crepey lids look like shiny lizard skin.

But the colour is lovely, a cool toned golden bronze. If it would just stay put on my dark inner corners & just under the brows I could justify keeping it but it migrates everywhere.

It also irritates my lids a bit. They are hooded and shimmer often does bother my lids.

For younger women this is a wonderful wash of shimmer for an overall eye look. For me it is a toss. Too bad because it is really nice. I give it a 4 for quality with a point off for migration.

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this taupe. I love taupe eye shadows and this is a great drugstore find. Pigmented, medium , shimmer taupe. Satin actually. Pretty taupe shade that surprisingly is hard to find in singles at drugstore. Not enough taupes. Perfect neutral eye. Easy to find and affordable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

One of my HG eyeshadows!! Everyone should try this, if not for the price. In the pan it is a shimmery, neutral taupe and on me, it wear more cool-toned. This is one of those shadows that you can wash all over the lid and into the crease and be done, and the pigmentation and lasting power are actually great! I work long days, 8-10 hours and often sweat a little while I am at it and Tastefully Taupe doesnt fade or crease no matter how heavily it is applied. I find it comparable to Bad To The Bronze, but more cooltoned and obviously a powder.

on 1/17/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Tastefully taupe is a shimmery pale taupe eye shadow. It goes on smoothly on the application,it last fairly long. Good crease color! Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is what I wanted MAC Satin Taupe to be. I think Maybelline has improved the quality of its makeup line since I was a teenager and this eyeshadow proves that.
It's a nice, neutral true taupe shade that I can wear for a simple everyday look. It does have a slight shimmer but nothing over the top. The texture is soft and applies without being chalky or powdery.
The staying power is impressive (using an eye primer) without fading or creasing. Bravo Maybelline! The price is right too.
I can't wait to try the other shades.

This is a staple in my easy-to-get-to-makeup. I don't stash this or hide it under the sink, that's how you can tell when it's a great cosmetic item!

It's a beautiful taupe, may lean slightly more purple... only slightly... like it does on me, depending on your skin tone. It is a somewhat satin/slight shimmer finish. Not overly shimmery at all... it doesn't catch the light too much.

I see this as one of those dimensional colors that looks like you put more work into your look, but all you did was apply it. When I apply it on my lid and into the crease it defines the crease just right.

I also have Revlon's Brushed Seude that is taupe like but is more of a wash, leans more brown depending on skin tone, and doesn't last as long.

I bought Urban Decay YDK in the hopes it may be a nice taupe that leans purple and it is way too shimmer for my liking. It's a pretty color but this one get's much more attention! Yes... YDK is under the sink.

So the next time you are in the grocery store and your kids are screaming, you can't remember if you put on deodorant, and need a pick me up, pick this up. You can see how pretty it is through the package. Also go to the D.O. aisle and swipe something on for your B.O. The first swipe is free.

This is a really beautiful color!