Laura Geller Baked Portofino Highlighter

on 6/1/2016 10:33:00 AM

I saw more bad reviews than good on this highlighter, but after looking at swatches online, I decided that I needed to determine if I liked it for myself or not. I ordered this on Amazon and paid less than $12 for this, including shipping. I am fair skinned and freckly with dark brown hair and blue eyes. My skin leans toward a more yellow undertone than pink, so I actually found this to be quite flattering on my skin. It is highly pigmented and can look like a straight line of glow on your cheek if you don't blend it out once applied. This isn't glittery and has a very subtle glow to it. It looks like a golden yellow in the pan but on the skin it looks like a white gold frost. The powder is soft and very blendable. I swirled my finger around ONE time to swatch it on the back of my hand once it arrived and it was extremely pigmented. I can't say enough good things about this. If you're new to highlighting, I would get this to start. It's a great product for the price I paid for it!

on 7/14/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh. I'm left completely unimpressed by this product, formulation, and shade.

First off, if I am paying this kinda cashola for a highlighter in the summer, I need GLOW - no glow here. This doesn't even look like a highlighter when applied - case in point: I could get away with setting my under eyes with this and it would look basically like a regular ole powder with a hint of yellow (maybe!), but it doesn't even have enough sort of glowy-wow factor to it for use as an inner eye highlight or brow highlight. Strange, right? I was also surprised to find this comes off rather chalky, which is unusual for LG baked products.

This is NOT worth $24.00! Nope, no way, negatory. To be quite honest, had I paid even $5 for this I would have also said it was a sh@tty product. Yeah, skip this one, its way overhyped.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/13/2013 3:39:00 PM

I can't believe it when Laura claims this is a favorite. Either she's trying to get people to believe it to sell her stock or people who dislike it aren't bothering to return it. I got mine in a combined with the Como blush and this highlighter was so large that you couldn't use the blush without getting highly artificial silverish white foil shimmer on. This is so fake looking I highly suggest getting the French Vanilla highlighter instead.

UPDATE: I got this attached to an eyeshadow in her Golden Skies. This one is a warm peach tone and I like it. I don't know why she has let silver toned white ones out as Portofino. I've read other reviews of different colors, it may be a miscommunication when she gives orders in Italy where they're made.

on 3/21/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this as a duo on QVC. In the pan, its next to the french vanilla color.

Although I don't use this one too often, its kind of a tan warm shimmery type color. I think its great as eyeshadow but not as a highlighter. Even when I'm tan, the color makes me look a little brown.

I use the vanilla one often, I already reviewed it, check out my review. I would probably stick with vanilla if I could buy just the one color.

on 6/21/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Got this highlighter in a combination duo with a blusher and i found it to be a really nice creamy gold colour , gives a nice shimmer to cheek bones and under the brow , less is more as it's highly pigmented .

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me be the first to warn you away from this product. It is a harsh, garish silvery white highlighter that looks disasterous on my fair complexion. I can't imagine how much more hideous this would look on darker skin. The texture is awful and I swore if I didn't wash it off immediately it would irritate my skin. It was a QVC purchase which came with a "brush" which was actually a dual ended sponge applicator, only useful for cleaning the corners of my floors. Second time I bought LG and second time I regretted it. No more Laura Geller anything.