ORIGINS Ginger Essence

ORIGINS Ginger Essence

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Sum it up to say I'm dissapointed by it's lack of strength to last. I don't like cloying or overly fake smells and it has to be great not just ok for me to bother. With all the choices out there why settle for less? I have the mini version from a promotion or mask order, I can't recall, and really loved the bright bergamot and deep ginger scent so I ordered the large bottle here. I should have waited because for as lovely as it is if i put it on to early in my morning I cant tell if I'm wearing it after the morning is over. Maybe reapply every 2-3 hrs? Seems preposterous but maybe I'm just not familiar enough with perfumes?

I really enjoy this fragrance when I first put it on, but then that's really about it. I apply generously, and I still don't smell it on me after about a half hour or so. I wore this a couple days in a row, and both days, I forgot that I'm even wearing any perfume. I'm glad that I got the smaller bottle, as I won't be repurchasing once this is done. It's definitely a really nice, refreshing, lemony-ginger scent, but hardly worth the price if I end up not even remembering that I put any fragrance on. Pass.

on 5/16/2017 4:19:00 PM

BEWARE: this fragrance has been reformulated. i was faithful to their entire Ginger line for over 3 years. recently ordered this off their .com as a replenishment. i was suspicious because the roller ball version had some reviews warning others about this being reformulated n horrible but the full bottle version didn't have any such reviews ( i also noticed no new reviews were posted after december..shady). against my better judgement, i ordered it. not only did it smell foul but it gave me a rash on my wrist. went to their nearest store location n was told they no longer take returns for Origins.com!! i'm sorely disappointed in Origins, they've gone and ruined a good thing. definitely a long time customer lost here.

on 7/20/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super-spicy, gingery-lemony scent. Makes me feel uplifted and happy.
Been around for years - mid-priced for a BIG bottle.

Nice as a room spray as it often won;t work on certain skin types. Test it out before you buy!
It's kind-of a love-hate product that I happen to love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ginger Essence is the happiest scent ever made: effervescent and earthy, fresh and warm, exotic and comforting all at once. This scent is what 'aromatherapy' means to me. It doesn't work with my chemistry, but I use the EDT as a room spray, and now I'm wondering whether they still make the candle?

This is one of my favorite perfumes. I love the smell and I get lots of compliments when I wear it.

on 11/16/2015 6:50:00 AM

I usually get tired of perfumes and buy small bottles but I'm on my 3rd big bottle of this and I can't stop buying it. As long as origins sells it, I will continue buying it. The scent is so fresh and relaxing, I feel like it's therapeutic. I do wish they made an eu de perfume in this so it would last longer. I could swim in this and will probably get their full bath collection so I can smell it all the time.

I usually am not a fan of perfumes, as so many of them are overwhelming and smell the same to me, but I'm in love with this scent. I am a huge lover of all things ginger and very picky about my ginger products-- this ( and all origin's ginger products) definitely live up to my expectations-- it actually smells like fresh, spicy, ginger, but it's not too harsh, and interacts with my natural scent nicely. I only wish that it lasted longer and that it wasn't as expensive.

Smells like yummy ginger ale. I love it.

on 2/6/2015 12:29:00 PM

LOVE this scent! I am not a fan of perfumes and scented stuff because it can really overwhelm my allergies. However, this stuff is fantastic!!! If you like the Ginger Shampoo from Origins, you will love love love this perfume. It smells identical to the shampoo: warm, spicy citrus scent. Lasts a long time too. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny.