Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

Shiseido  Perfect Refining Foundation

3.7

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 1.9%; Titanium Dioxide 4.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Nylon-12, SD Alcohol 40-B, Titanium dioxide, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Iron oxides (CI 77492), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Iron oxides (CI 77491), Polyglyceryl-2 diisostearate, Xylitol, Erythritol, Sodium Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydraoxide, Aluminum distearate, Alumina, Disteardimonium hectorite, Iron oxides (CI 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Polysilicone-2, Vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene glycol, Tocopherol, Zinc oxide (CI 77947), Mica, Dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, Barium sulfate, Sodium metabisculfite, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, BHT, Methicone, Dimethicone/methicone Copolymer, Tetradecene, Benzoic acid

on 9/6/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Honestly I'm wowed. Today was my first time wearing this foundation and that coverage? Wow. I could not believe such a thin layer would provide so much coverage and could be blended out so smoothly. It covers my pores fairly well, in fact a little too well it looks really obvious that you have makeup on. I don't find the finish powdery, however, it was more matte but looks like poreless-skin. It could become patchy if you don't work quickly enough to blend it out, but if you have mastered that skill - you have basically gotten your perfect skin in your pocket. The less the better, for this foundation, if you want it to look like your skin. I literally used a pea size and it already looked like I put on two layers of my everyday low coverage laneige bb cushion or Estelle & Thild - Biohydrate All-in-one Tinted Moisturizer. Incredible coverage.

Will try and wear it for longer to see its oil control in summer, but so far I've worn it for more than 3 hours and did not see any fading or oil showing.

update: i've worn it for 7-8 hours and except some slight blotting halfway, it's perfect. Flawless!

Another score at Canadian Winners.
I certainly don't NEED another foundation, but when I came across this at Winners for $8.99, how could I pass it up?
I believe this is now discontinued.
This is a very thin foundation, but it packs a punch, with a lot of pigmentation. It spreads easily and does a great job of evening out my skin. It seems to be moderately buildable without getting cakey, and when set with powder (MUFE HD) I get a decent full day wear. I feel that this may mix well with other foundations I have that don't blend as well, or are slightly off-color. I see some experimenting in my future :) So far a win, and for less than the price of a drugstore foundation, I may have to go back for a backup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is undoubtedly my holy grail foundation. I have rather sensitive skin therefore finding a foundation that doesn't break me out wasn't easy. With this foundation, not only did it not break me out but it glided perfectly when applied, lasted reasonably long throughout the day and gave a natural finish which wasn't cakey. Repurchased once and will continue to.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love the boxy packaging . That's it! Im not upset with the product for not satisfying my needs because originally, this foundation is for normal to dry ( the very detail that ive neglected checking out first) i bought it in a whim. Ive always wanted to buy something from Shiseido because the brand is really interesting and the shades are flattering for yellow-based undertones. I bought the darkest - 060. It's very yellow and it's light for my nc40 skin. It reminded me of loreal's true match. Initially , it finishes with a skin like glowy effect but after 2 hours, an oily out ofcontrol skin is achieved. My skin looks flawless , yes! But it felt wet and greasy. Not a comfy experience but yeah i still love the idea of owning one. Since it's too light, i only apply it in the inner paraneters of my face. It kinda works as a nice hi lighter though but the oil control is just unfortunately poor, if not terrible. Dry skin girls, this could be your answer for a glowy healthy skin like effect. And oh it creates a whitecast in flash photog. Omg ! I remember the photo my bf took in the club. It was like I smothered my face with sunblock (oily , wet and ghostly)

This foundation basically ruined me for drugstore foundations. First of all, if you're Asian or just can't find foundation that is the right shade of yellow, you will probably find it with Shiseido. I have been searching for a drugstore equivalent of my shade 040, and have come out empty handed (I live in the US where makeup is not typically tailored to Asians). The finish is medium to full coverage, and semi-matte. I often use it as a spot concealer because it builds up really well and blends into a very natural finish. Although this is semi-matte, I don't think there's much "oil control", so it's a good idea to set it with a little bit of powder if you're oily. I get oily on my T-zone and this will slip off my nose after a couple hours, but so does just about everything else, so I'm not particularly bothered by this. What I love about this foundation is that it really does look like skin, makes skin look naturally beautiful. It also sits over pores nicely and does not accentuate dry spots much. It's super easy to use. With many foundations, there is a learning curve to applying them where you try a thousand ways to make it work for you, but this one is apply-and-go for me. Although, if you do have dry skin, moisturize well beforehand and it makes the product glide on. I like to apply this with a dense flat top brush as it is full coverage to sheer it out, and use fingers for concealing. For the price of $38, the value is not bad. A little of the product goes a long way; one small drop can be sheered out to cover the whole forehead.

on 4/16/2015 3:37:00 PM

After years of searching I might have to call this HG...

Medium coverage and well pigmented, just what I was after to cover redness and broken capillaries. Very light and watery texture so can be tricky to dispense from the bottle but glides on easily and looks natural. Packaging is really cute, minimalistic and portable.

Basically, I love this foundation!

I have dry skin, large pores and very pale, but 100 is the perfect shade with both yellow and pink undertones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

what a dissapointment that was.i searched a lot and thought i found the ideal foundation.i needed something long lasting and not oily.well the product sunked into my pores and after 3 hours felt heavy and really made my face shiny.what a shame.lovely package so nice and compact. i just gave it away after a full week of trying to set it with powders ans all k8nd of tricks.

semi-matte, medium to full coverage, very pigmented, beautifull colours, easy application, does not irritate skin, feels like your'e not wearing foundation at all, staying power up to 8 hours, blotting does not remove the product from the skin...best foundation ever

Unique tiny packaging make this foundation easy to travel with. I love the watery texture of this foundation, it's very easy to apply with fingers, no need brush or beauty blender. :p my combination skin loves shiseido perfect refining foundation, it has natural finish, medium coverage, matte (but not really matte so it still glowy). Since it's underrated, I almost never heard about this foundation. I saw shiseido perfect refining foundation when I bought shiseido skincare. I tried this foundation because I love the shade that really suitable for my skin, people even can't tell if I'm wearing foundation or not. I'm using I00 shade, I have neutral undertone and fair skin (I'm mixed asian and white), I wear YSL foundation in B10, and GA lasting silk in shade 2 for reference.

Be wary of colour matching, I got matched to B20 and found it slightly too pink for me despite it being "beige" (am NC15 for ref), if I was to rebuy would get O10-20 if its more yellow based.

Overall a great everyday foundation, I only use foundation lightly to even skin tone (use concealer for the zombie-like dark circles) so I am not sure how it builds. Found it to "sit" on top of my skin in the winter but it looked better as the day went on and it meshed with my natural skin oils. Due to this I would definitely recommend it to fellow combo skinned gals. (although this didn't keep my tzone oil-free- this is normal however and keep in mind I don't use primer as of yet so it might make a difference). I find it works well with a buffing brush and helps cover pores better this way.