Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

***Update 2016 - "Nutritive Anti Frizz Oil Therapy" New Ingredients EDIT:Water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidoproyl betaine, sodium chloride, glycol distearate, dimethiconol, fragrance, glycerin, gluconolactone, carbomer, citric acid, guar hydroxypropyl trimonium chloride, tea-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, ppg-9, sodium sulfate, trehalose, tresodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, propylene glycol, prg 45m, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, prunus amygdalus (almond)oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, methylchloroisothazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, mica, titanium dioxide, yellow 5, red 33 blue 1.Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

*Update: It has been a few weeks since I started using this and I will say that it does still moisturize the ends of my hair well, BUT I have noticed that I now have dandruff flakes and I have NEVER had dandruff before! I am going to stop using this for a while and try the Renpure Coconut shampoo and conditioner that I just bought. It's just awful that just when you find something that you think will work, something like this happens.

**Edit: This shampoo has an alteration to the name listed- Dove now calls it "Nutritive Anti-Frizz Oil Therapy" shampoo. I updated ingredients above.

Oh wow! I am just praying that this shampoo (along with the matching conditioner) continues to work so well for me. I think I have tried just about every shampoo/conditioner in the drugstore and Sally's and anything else I could find. My hair is dry, really really dry, color treated, curly, prone to frizz and fine in texture. Yes, it is hard to deal with. I can always tell if something is going to work after the first few tries, and I just can't believe how well this is working after several tries. I honestly cannot remember the last time my hair felt this good and had LIFE to it. It has been so many years. This set has coconut oil and argan oil in it, which normally do not do well on my hair. Why this is doing so well, I do not know, but I will just say "thank you" and be grateful! My poor hair has been so dull and lifeless, and then I messed up with Natural Instincts color, which made matters so much worse. (One of the things that helped to gt my hair back into shape was the L'oreal Total Repair Balm, but I put this Dove conditioner on top of that to deep condition even more and it works so much better with both). I feel like I can now have go-to products and my hair can be happy. These products make my hair soft, full, lively, shiny, and healthy looking. I can use a couple of drops of Biosilk therapy on the ends and just make it even better, but I don't even have to. I dry my hair with a blow dryer and brush, just because I prefer it smoothed out. But even when I got out in the misty rain today, it just curled up in little ringlets and way less frizz than normal, which still looked okay. Normally, it would have looked completely out of control. I do hope that they do not changed this formula, because it feels good to finally have something that works. The price is only about $3.50 each, but I got it on sale plus a coupon, so I paid only $1 each! That is why I got it, I had never tried it and it was so cheap, so I thought what the heck. I would, of course, gladly pay full price. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it has been for me, and after all the searching and trying, it is so nice to see great results.

on 3/4/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Love this! Good for my dry hair.

on 11/25/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This shampoo made my hair super oily the next day.

on 9/6/2015 10:22:00 AM

dimethicone, EDTA, methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazoline, phenoxyethanol and PEG are some harmful ingredients in dove that may cause irritations.

on 8/31/2015 6:10:00 PM

Love this, my hair is super dry, and thin and gets really frizzy.
This makes my hair feels healthy and not stripped of its natural oils
I have repurchased 3 times and will continue to do so till i find anything better.

price point is extremely wallet friendly

on 8/2/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that i have fine, medium thick, wavy, dark brown frizzy hair. Its kinda oily, i cant tell if its on the normal or the oily side, i can feel my scalp getting slightly greasy on the second-third day. But i wash my hair every week or every 3-5 days in summer (going to the beach days dont count). Gross i know, but thats what helped my hair to be less damaged and shiny due to the natural oils preduced by the scalp.
Also, to be honest, i started using this a year ago and i stopped like few months ago. Sorry for late review guys :c (but i stopped using conditioner like a month ago and which i'd be reviewing after this).
Anyways, i kinda like the packaging. The first time i used this i didnt use conditioner. But it made my hair soo soft, it maintained to poofiness to 0 (its true!) and there was no frizz. Seriously it was the best hair day i had in a while. I used no conditioner, no styling products. Just this shampoo. I may had an olive oil treatment the night before i dont remember but i do that all the time since ages and i think my hair got used to it so its not a big deal. So .. My hair looked so healthy and smooth although it was fried with flat iron. I got comments of how beautiful it was and i could go out without heat styling it or even doing anything to it. And i used to never ever do that !!! I advice u to alternate this without another shampoo, i find it working better when i did that (maybe a dandruff shampoo or a scalp soothing one .. Clarifying maybe ? I dont know).
It smoothed out my wavies as well, i didnt believe at first lol.
Even my mom was impressed.
The only reason i took a lippie off and the only reason i wont buy this again its cuz of silinones in it, i just went organic with my hair products and its going well.
But this has almond and coconut oils which are really good for ur hair, althought i'd prefer getting a 100% pure almond and coconut oil treatment.
So let me say this , if u dont care about using silicones on ur hair, just grab ur wallet, go to the nearest drugstore and buy urself a bottle of this along with the matching conditioner. Ur hair will look amazing!!!

on 7/27/2015 2:15:00 PM

I'm very disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling like straw. It's awful. I used it 3 times to give it a chance. I had previously received a sample of some Dove shampoo and conditioner that was great. Unfortunately, it is no longer made.

on 11/16/2014 12:58:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. My hair is on the fine/ thin side, wavy, with oilier roots and dryer ends. The reviews are very mixed on this, so I was worried it would make my fine hair feel heavy or coated, but it cleans my hair nicely in the shower without it feeling like that. Doesn't tangle my hair, and I lose fewer hairs than usual when I use this, I've noticed. I don't use conditioner with it because I don't feel I need it with this shampoo. After my hair is dry, it looks and feels clean and shiny, but not coated or flat. The smell is perfumey, but I do like it. Maybe smell it first at the store before buying, since it is on the strong side. I don't notice the scent too much after my hair is dry. No issues so far, but I do alternate this with something more clarifying every few washes, since this does contain a few ingredients with build up potential. Overall, a nice shampoo.

on 10/27/2014 3:29:00 PM

i use this shampoo and the conditioner in rotation with a few others, and really like them, especially in the winter. I have long, fine, color treated hair and the pair leaves my hair smooth and moisturized, and almost "bouncy." I haven't had any trouble with build-up, but I also use a clarifying shampoo on occasion just because. Another plus of this product is the scent. It doesn't have the typical obnoxious "green tea/fruit salad" scent that so many drugstore hair products do, which is a huge bonus in my book. I find this product to be a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore shampoo ($7 per bottle where I live, which would make it more expensive than many salon brands if you compared cost per litre) but that doesn't deter me from purchasing. A great shampoo that I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/18/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This shampoo+conditioner duo has completely changed my hair type. Normally it is very dry, course, poofy, and prone to frizz and uncontrollable waves. It now blow dries straight with the slightest wave, and the feel of my hair is that of a totally different type. Silky, soft, great slip, and much easier to put into updos if I feel like it (skinnier ponytail). It requires little to no styling products anymore.

The bad: the smell isn't the greatest. It's not unpleasant but it screams to the world that you are using DOVE. You know, that synthetic powdery scent the products always have. But even though it doesn't have a salon shampoo smell, it beats the dog crap out of many salon brands.

Also, I have to wash my hair my frequently when I use this, since it gets greasier at the roots much quicker. Clarifying is ESSENTIAL -- this stuff is conditioning and cone heavy, and all the reviews saying it stops working are almost certainly people experiencing buildup. Use a clarifying or non-conditioning shampoo every several washes to keep the products working.

UPDATE: After several months of using this, my scalp became a grease slick and would start to smell before my whole head needed a wash. I was eventually washing and clarifying so often that the moisturizing effects didn't compensate. Too bad, I wish the initial results would have remained.