NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
NYX StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

on 7/16/2017 12:29:00 PM

I love Soft matte lip creams. They are very easy and beautiful for everyday use. I wish the shades were a little more true to the package because I thought this would be more neutral. I wear this with warm toned looks because it looks quite orangey on my lips.
The staying power is very good at least with lip liner underneath and reapplying is easy. It fades evenly and it's matte but not drying. It smells good, too!
I love the pretty package of these lip creams. They are small which makes it easy to take them anywhere with you.

It does have a matte finish and the color is a peach/nude. But I can't stand the texture of these :(

on 4/1/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

More like a creamy matte. Takes awhile to dry but once it does dry it stays on for awhile. Works very well for a cheap matte liquid lipstick. Lasts for 18 months & comes with a wand instead of a brush to apply. SMELLS AMAZING.

on 3/16/2017 7:59:00 PM

I tried this for the first time today and I really like it. I used my nyx nude pink under this lipstick because I thought it would add a little pink to the peachy nude. It stayed put all day and I didn't have any problems with it. It did slightly dry my lips out after a few hours but I've tried many brands and they all do that a few hours in. Overall I thought this was a good lipstick. I'll be looking for other colors as well.

on 3/8/2017 1:29:00 PM

I brought this recently and it became a favourite very quickly. It is so smooth and you cant feel it on your lips. It is very affordable and it lasts all day. It smells good and doesn't cling to dry areas on your lips. It didn't dry my lips out and it is buildable. I also found it wore very nicely over a lipstick.

on 3/3/2017 11:50:00 PM

After hearing all the rave about this lip cream, I figured I'd just go for it and try it out. While applying it, it's very soft and moisturizing, not patchy at all and feels great on the lips. After 20 mins or so, it started to feel incredibly drying and I could feel the flakes on my lips (I had exfoliated before hand). Many of the swatches online show a beautiful nude-mauve, but this was an awkward nude-orange on my lips. It also didn't dry down properly and was fairly sticky.

I will try to use it when I can, but otherwise I will not repurchase. Someone with very moisturized lips may be able to wear it for a few hours but it was too uncomfortable for me.

on 10/22/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

NYX is only available online here in the Netherlands so I took a gamble after studying loads of pictures and swatches of this colour. It looked like a warm toned peachy nude with enough pink in it, but after application it is a strange, too light, orangey nude which makes my teeth look yellow and my complexion sallow. For reference I'm NC20 with green eyes and coppery hair. The product itself is fine, I also have Cannes which I bloody love to death, but this one is just not up my street colour wise.

on 10/18/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the 4th soft matte lip cream I have tried from Nyx. I used to own San Paulo, Ibiza, and I currently have Cannes which is one of my go-to's. I wanted something more subtle but not a complete nude that would wash me out and after looking at swatches I decided to try this one.

Stockholm is more of a soft peachy nude, which doesn't match the color of the package which would make you think it had a brown tone to it. I am a medium, neutral-warm skin-tone and this color flatters my complexion and doesn't wash me out. I do feel this color will pull more orange on lighter, cool skin tones, so fair-skinned gals might want to look into some of the other lighter shades.

The application was as good as the other shades I tried but I did find it to be more drying and less long-lasting than others so I recommend a swipe of lip balm and a light lip-liner.

on 10/8/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the second NYX soft matte lip cream that I own, together with Abu Dhabi. As I mentioned in my review for Abu Dhabi, those lip products are great. Stockholm is definitely more pinky and rosy than Abu Dhabi, which is a brownish nude. I don't see a difference in the formulas of those two shades - pigmented, creamy, smooth, not crumbling, not bleeding, not drying out at all. However, don't expect a liquid matte lipstick that stays put no matter what. These NYX products never even claimed to be such, they are just a throw-in-your-bag lipstick that is easy and pretty to wear!

on 8/25/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

If you are looking for matte lipstick, this is a good buy. It's cheap, nice looking packaging (secure, doesn't ooze around the applicator), and lasts a long time. In fact, too long! Last night I went to bed 8 hours after applying this, after dinner, drinks, and reapplying some balm on top, and it was still there!

I don't think I'll be purchasing another matte lipstick---I bought this one just to test the look, and it's not for me. However, this one is relatively non-drying. When you rub your lips together, it feels a little sticky.

My biggest complaint about this product is that the color of the packaging is really misleading. At least on me, the 3 shades I tried looked completely different on the applicator than the outside of the tube--and different on my lips than on either! This is a peach color and it's a bit too bright peach for me. I tone it down with a little bit of balm on top.

There is a strong vanilla smell when first applied, but it fades in a minute or two. The applicator (doefoot) is slim giving you good control around the edges.

Overall, a good product - just not for me.

Popular Lips Products