NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
NYX StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in StockholmSoft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

on 10/22/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

NYX is only available online here in the Netherlands so I took a gamble after studying loads of pictures and swatches of this colour. It looked like a warm toned peachy nude with enough pink in it, but after application it is a strange, too light, orangey nude which makes my teeth look yellow and my complexion sallow. For reference I'm NC20 with green eyes and coppery hair. The product itself is fine, I also have Cannes which I bloody love to death, but this one is just not up my street colour wise.

on 10/18/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the 4th soft matte lip cream I have tried from Nyx. I used to own San Paulo, Ibiza, and I currently have Cannes which is one of my go-to's. I wanted something more subtle but not a complete nude that would wash me out and after looking at swatches I decided to try this one.

Stockholm is more of a soft peachy nude, which doesn't match the color of the package which would make you think it had a brown tone to it. I am a medium, neutral-warm skin-tone and this color flatters my complexion and doesn't wash me out. I do feel this color will pull more orange on lighter, cool skin tones, so fair-skinned gals might want to look into some of the other lighter shades.

The application was as good as the other shades I tried but I did find it to be more drying and less long-lasting than others so I recommend a swipe of lip balm and a light lip-liner.

on 10/8/2016 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the second NYX soft matte lip cream that I own, together with Abu Dhabi. As I mentioned in my review for Abu Dhabi, those lip products are great. Stockholm is definitely more pinky and rosy than Abu Dhabi, which is a brownish nude. I don't see a difference in the formulas of those two shades - pigmented, creamy, smooth, not crumbling, not bleeding, not drying out at all. However, don't expect a liquid matte lipstick that stays put no matter what. These NYX products never even claimed to be such, they are just a throw-in-your-bag lipstick that is easy and pretty to wear!

on 8/25/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

If you are looking for matte lipstick, this is a good buy. It's cheap, nice looking packaging (secure, doesn't ooze around the applicator), and lasts a long time. In fact, too long! Last night I went to bed 8 hours after applying this, after dinner, drinks, and reapplying some balm on top, and it was still there!

I don't think I'll be purchasing another matte lipstick---I bought this one just to test the look, and it's not for me. However, this one is relatively non-drying. When you rub your lips together, it feels a little sticky.

My biggest complaint about this product is that the color of the packaging is really misleading. At least on me, the 3 shades I tried looked completely different on the applicator than the outside of the tube--and different on my lips than on either! This is a peach color and it's a bit too bright peach for me. I tone it down with a little bit of balm on top.

There is a strong vanilla smell when first applied, but it fades in a minute or two. The applicator (doefoot) is slim giving you good control around the edges.

Overall, a good product - just not for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was a swing and a miss for me. I hate to admit it, and I hate dragging good ratings down, but this just fell flat on my face and didn't exactly do as advertised.
I am a die-hard NYX girl; I love their glosses, liners, blushes, the list goes on. And I love matte lip looks, which are obviously on trend right now. NYX has come out with some killer lip products over the years, so I was geared up for this light toned neutral nude color when I saw it in the tube.
Only after I bought it do I see that these have a reputation online as dupes for Kylie Jenner's line. I can't speak to that as I've never tried her products, but this particular color I will not be repurchasing.
First impression: Goes on pretty smooth, but not totally opaque until applying a second coat. This might sound trivial, but the formula felt a bit too thin to really create a color intensive matte look. And lo and behold, it was, because this didn't dry matte. It dried matte LOOKING, but it was still smearing off my lips onto my straw over two hours later.
The color was not my most flattering moment. I thought this would be a nice light-medium neutral nude brown. It turned mostly orange on my lips. Orange doesn't really have a place in my makeup collection. I do have some more mellow peachy colors in the mix, but orange is probably my least favorite color to put on my face. This was a huge disappointment but hey, you can't win em all.
The three good things I can say about this (just because I like to leave things on a positive note): it didn't go on patchy, it didn't dry out my lips, and the price was what is typically in line for a drugstore brand. I don't fault them entirely for this product not working I just can't see myself wearing this color again and I expect mattes to dry all the way.
I love me some NYX and seeing as I have a few other matte lip creams in other colors, I will be using them in hopes they are of a drier formula. Sadly, as much as I love nude lip products my experience with matte nude lipstains/glosses has been pretty forgettable.

on 6/28/2016 2:15:00 PM

I love the nice nude shade of this! It reminds me of the shades in the Kylie Lip Kit (I'd say it's most similar to Exposed). It's similar to my natural lip shade just a bit more peachy. It dries matte (unlike other drugstore lip products claiming to be matte), and it has a nice sweet smell. Like any matte lip, it does dry out your lips a bit but for the price, I think it's a nice product.

on 6/27/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this lipstick because I saw good reviews for it and I was looking for a good, long-lasting, nude liquid lipstick.

I did not find it in this product.

It looks ORANGE on me, which does not work well with my cool-toned skin. It goes on patchy and it's extremely drying. It makes my lips look cracked and bumpy in most lighting.

The doe-foot applicator is terrible, which probably has something to do with the patchiness of the product, and it makes it difficult to apply the product to my cupid's bow and the corners of my mouth.

Other than that, the formula is nice and moussey, and I like the smell. Some people have complained about the chemical-ness of the scent, but it just smelled sweet to me.

Absolutely did not like this product, it went on streaky, had bad pigmentation and it took forever to dry down, it also looked very bad on the lips and the color was way different from the picture. I had high hopes for this because of the high ratings, but I am very dissappointed.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this product because I love matte lip creams and I do not suit glosses. I had quite high expectations and they were soon completely shut down when the product arrived. It did not apply evenly and was not very good coverage on my lips, it is no where near matte, Infact it is very glossy despite what it says on the bottle however I the little bottle it comes in is quite pretty and the lip cream itself smells lovely

on 4/7/2016 10:24:00 AM

I don't like this, sorry. It smells/tastes like cake with a whole bunch of chemicals. I'm not anti-chemical but I don't want to taste them all day. It went on patchy and just looked ugly. Was also very drying. I'll try another shade but maybe these just aren't for me.