NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul
image 1image 2image 3

Honestly I was looking for a lighter pink shade, I don't know is it because of the natural colour of my lips or my fairness but these lip cream shades come off as really strong when I put them on.

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful medium pink shade, applies beautifully and lasts hours, even after drinking and eating. Doesn't dry my lips horrendously.

on 7/10/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this lip cream -- it's a tiny bit drying, like a lot of matte lip creams, but the color is a beautiful light pink that really brightens up any overall look. I tend to wear it as an everyday lip color or paired with a little bit heavier eye makeup. It's a good pinky neutral.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It really pains me to give a NYX product a bad review. I love so many products they make, but this was a complete and utter miss on all fronts.

I had issues with both the formula and the colour. Istanbul looked so pretty online - a soft, pretty pink that would be a good everyday option. In reality it was way too cool for my skin and looked very severe. I think it was the combination of the flat and streaky finish with the blue undertones that made this look awful again my pale skin, Not flattering at all.

The main formula issues I had with this product were:
1. It had a really rancid smell and taste. I'm not normally too fussy when it comes to scented products, but this had an awful plasticky/chemical scent and it tasted very strange.
2. I found it really hard to get an even application. It needed two layers to get rid of any bald spots and then it took a long time to dry down, meaning it was prone to smudging and transfer.

I'll admit the formula did feel comfortable, but with all the other issues I wouldn't bother with this product again.

on 5/5/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

smlc06 istanbul is a light cool toned pink. i like it for everyday wear. too bad its not very pigmented. you need a few layers to get the actual color to show up.

on 3/30/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is totally worth the hype. The shade Istanbul is a beautiful medium rose pink on me.
Now the formula is excellent. Goes on smooth and silky, feels lightweight. It doesn't dry immediately; it does take five minutes to set completely. But once it does set, it lasts and transfers minimally. I even had a full meal with this on and while I did reapply afterwards, I found most of it had stayed intact, and whatever little fading was not very noticeable.
However, it doesn't feel heavy or drying at all. I actually sometimes forget I have this on.
The scent is also lovely; smells like some sort of cupcake/vanilla dessert to me. The price, while much higher in my country than elsewhere, since NYX is not widely available here, is still very reasonable for the quality.
I plan to get more shades when I have access to those again, which will hopefully be soon. Once I do, I will then review this product as a whole, as I can't be certain that the darker/brighter shades hold up as well as this one. So far I'm more than pleased, however.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's a beautiful color but it dries your lips a lot.

on 1/18/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is such a beautiful color on my skin tone. (Between MAC NC 45/50) However, it dries my lips out, fades, and can become patchy as the day goes on.

on 1/15/2016 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because after watching a youtuber gave it a great review. Boy was I disappointed! It goes on nicely so I had hight hopes, but after about an hour, I noticed that my lips felt really dried out! I smacked my lips together and sure enough this made my lips dry! Ugh, what a waste of money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is so pretty and adds colour without being 'over the top' and the shade it a modern type of pink. I am such an avid pink lipstick fan, and this is contemporary. Looks lovely on a casual day and can tone down brighter pinks when mixed.

First of all I have the Too Faced melted liquid lipsticks and I love them but I do not love the price so when i tested Istanbul against Melted Marshmallow I was shocked that they work, felt, and looked the same! They were dupes!! I love NYX Soft Matte Lip creams and I only have 8 colors but they can be layered on top of each other to give me more options. I love this color specifically because it is a perfect color for a causal day look or to tone down a really dark or bold eye with out using a nude lip!

Popular Lips Products