NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London

4.3

on 7/29/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My first Nyx soft matte lip cream was Cannes. I had loved that and had actually wanted to get London or Abu Dhabi after that. The colors of these lipglosses/sticks are amazing, one coat really works, the finish is a beautiful matte and they are so durable. Thus I bought London as I wanted a more beige nude, my other nude lip products are pink or brown based.

I was disappointed with this colour. I know that different colors come up different on different skin tones but this really didn't work for me. I'm MAC NC 32 (A yellow based, light brown skin tone). It really drowns me out, makes my lips look very thin and non existent. Nude lips for me should be full, plump and not making you look ill. This doesn't compliment me but may work well on someone darker- wouldn't recommend it to paler skin tones. I will stick to Cannes for a soft pink, I'll just wait till London finishes to get Abu Dhabi, maybe a lip liner will save it?

Cons: Very drying, make sure to exfoliate your lips before hand and moisturize for 30 mins before applications, Makes lips look thin, dry and non existent for those with brown skin tones

Pros: good finish, smells lovely

I really love this shade! It is a gorgeous nude on me. The only reason I'm giving this 4 Lipsticks out of 5 Lipsticks is because the first coat is kind of thin but the second makes it look very opaque but otherwise I love this!

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A thousand times YAAAAAS! My first soft matte and so glad I gave it a try! I've been a fan of the round lipsticks (Power and Summer LOVE are some of my favs!) so this was a natural progression. So creamy and so soft! This color is a warm nude that makes my lips look huge with a good lip liner! A perfect every day color. I loved it so much I ran out and got Athens (peachy nude) and Cairo (the lightest nude shade available in this line!) I also purchased Sydney (blue based pink) but had to return it as it looked so cakey after an hour on my lips. I must say that NYX has the best selection and formula for modern colors and finishes!

on 12/31/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this! It's truly matte and I like that I can actually remove it unlike other matte liquid lipsticks. It's actually lighter when applied to the lips. The shade is a beige nude with an orange-y undertone. If I want it more nude I mix it with Cairo (a true nude) from the same line. If you are looking for a lipliner to combine it try NYX lip pencil in "Natural"

on 11/8/2015 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my perfect nude!! Since my lips are brown, I had a little bit of trouble finding something that suits me since all the lighter nudes don't look right on me. This lipstick is very comfortable to wear and doesn't transfer everywhere, but you do need to reapply throughout the day. There's not a lot of product but it's very worth it for the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

London is a gorgeous midtone beige nude with a bit of orange in it on my Asian skintone. I love using it as a nude lip color paired with smokey eyes or anything a bit more dramatic.

I also like how the packaging reflects the color of the formula, but don't go off that alone- as previous reviewers have stated, the packaging is not an exact match.

The smell of it is so great, sometimes I just hold the tube up to my face and sniff the yummy vanilla cake-y deliciousness, haha!

Application is also a bit finicky, and I've found that unless I use a lipliner on my entire mouth and set the product with powder pressed on over a tissue, it never sets. However, I do believe the finished result is worth it, and once it's set, I can reapply chapstick/more product over it as need. Wear time is about 2-3 hours on me, which I'm fine with since it is a drugstore product.

on 8/11/2015 4:03:00 PM

London is the perfect "My Lips But Browner" color. Its a awesome beigey nude on my lips. i love how these lip creams smell, like cake frosting! I find they last on me about 2-3 hours while eating/drinking, as any matte product, its drying so use a balm first.

Like other posters have mentioned, with any matte lip product, you have to take care of your lips first if you expect these types of products to wear well.

I'll repurchase this shade over and over again.

on 5/2/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This color along with nutmeg lip liner is so gorgeous, this color is so unique! I love it on my NC 42 skin. The staying power is OK i love reapplying it anyway bcuz of the yummy smell.

on 3/3/2015 2:32:00 PM

This product has cute packaging and it does what I want it to do, I like it. I bought the shade London which is a great nude, actually. In natural light you can see the subtle pink tones, so it looks a bit similar to my lip color but more nude, and in indoor lighting it's this gorgeous taupey nude with no pink tones. Not too pale, so you won't get the 'concealer lips' look. I am going to love wearing this with bold eye looks (love the smoky eye right now).

It goes on creamy and stays wet for maybe 15 mins. After that point it 'dries down' but it never becomes uncomfortable on me. The best part is that once it dries down, it doesn't really transfer. I found that the color stayed put for a good four hours and then some.

So the staying power is great, after 15 mins it's a true matte, and best of all the formula is comfortable. The only complaint I have is that it accentuates dry patches on my lips after awhile. But with this shade, it's not that noticeable. Don't forget to drink water kids, keep those lips hydrated.

Edit: another complaint, after 4ish hours this starts to make my lips a bit powdery and dry. Applying chapstick was essential. But the color is still there..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pretty coolour but it drys out my lips, and it's a neutral colour, it seems darker in the tube, I shall go for cannes next time, my desired lip crème. None can tell I'm wearing lipstick. This is a liquid lipstick, it cracks, you can see the lines. Weard, too light fo rme, too pale, Im pale, washes my skin and lip tone out. Hard to get off. Unmoiturizing highly

Popular Lips Products