NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream - London

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream - London
Soft Matte Lip Cream - LondonNyx London

4.1

This is one of my favorite inexpensive lipcolors. I also have the matching lipliner It is a nice dupe for the Kylie Exposed lip kit that is not too opaque or pale. I usually cannot pull off peach tones, but this one is sheer and neutral enough for me.

on 4/16/2018 6:21:00 PM

Already done a review on this but the perfect nude!!! So creamy and dries down matte and goes great with the matching lip liner ( also called London). Only let down is that it’s not long lasting.

on 2/24/2018 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a lovely colour but has no staying power

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is a cheap lip product that it is worth the money. However I find it not so lasting, but I can get over it as it isn't drying on the lips. I think I'll buy it again... I'm not sure about this shade but another one for sure. It is easy to apply and works without lining your lips before.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my first soft matte and I can say I'm pretty iffy about it.

London is a very beautiful mid-tone beige nude, though on me it looks nothing like inside the tube, so if you have warm medium skin, stay clear of it. It's also kinda patchy, so I'd recommend positively lining all of your lips before applying it, preferably with a pencil that is a bit darker. Or using it to top another shade to give more dimension.

The formula is very creamy, lightweight, comfortable, midly drying, with a pleasant cake frosting like smell that doesn't linger. But don't be confused, this is not a liquid-to-matte lipstick formula, so don't expect it to last all day or to be smudge/transfer/budge-proof.

This is hardly an issue because the doe foot applicator makes it easy to apply and reapply, also the packaging makes it perfect to take on-the-go. What I noticed right away is that the lipstick gathers into small clumps, but they're not bothersome as they quickly go away on application.

I'll definitely not repurchase it, but I'll look into more shades.

on 9/23/2016 12:33:00 PM

Compared to colourpop, it is most similar to the satin liquid lipsticks since it is very creamy. However, this never seems to set which means it doesn't settle into fine lines but doesn't have super stating powers. The colour is great and doesn't wash my olive complexion out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing to say about color, it is a nice nude, but the formulation is awful. No staying power whatsoever, no coverage and it's pretty streaky. Definitely a miss.

on 7/29/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My first Nyx soft matte lip cream was Cannes. I had loved that and had actually wanted to get London or Abu Dhabi after that. The colors of these lipglosses/sticks are amazing, one coat really works, the finish is a beautiful matte and they are so durable. Thus I bought London as I wanted a more beige nude, my other nude lip products are pink or brown based.

I was disappointed with this colour. I know that different colors come up different on different skin tones but this really didn't work for me. I'm MAC NC 32 (A yellow based, light brown skin tone). It really drowns me out, makes my lips look very thin and non existent. Nude lips for me should be full, plump and not making you look ill. This doesn't compliment me but may work well on someone darker- wouldn't recommend it to paler skin tones. I will stick to Cannes for a soft pink, I'll just wait till London finishes to get Abu Dhabi, maybe a lip liner will save it?

Cons: Very drying, make sure to exfoliate your lips before hand and moisturize for 30 mins before applications, Makes lips look thin, dry and non existent for those with brown skin tones

Pros: good finish, smells lovely

I really love this shade! It is a gorgeous nude on me. The only reason I'm giving this 4 Lipsticks out of 5 Lipsticks is because the first coat is kind of thin but the second makes it look very opaque but otherwise I love this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A thousand times YAAAAAS! My first soft matte and so glad I gave it a try! I've been a fan of the round lipsticks (Power and Summer LOVE are some of my favs!) so this was a natural progression. So creamy and so soft! This color is a warm nude that makes my lips look huge with a good lip liner! A perfect every day color. I loved it so much I ran out and got Athens (peachy nude) and Cairo (the lightest nude shade available in this line!) I also purchased Sydney (blue based pink) but had to return it as it looked so cakey after an hour on my lips. I must say that NYX has the best selection and formula for modern colors and finishes!