China Glaze Cracked concrete

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
China Glaze Cracked concrete

on 10/22/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I know the crackle polish is yesterday's news, but it still holds a place in my polished heart. It's easy art. This is also perfect for a Halloween mani and that is just around the corner. I love the way this forms the deep cracks and looks so antiquey and well worn. It looks best when there is a considerable amount of contrast between this color and the base. I got this from a sale bin at Sally's Beauty Supply so I don't know when this was released, but the crackle phase was everywhere a couple of years back. When I opened this bottle and used it for the first time the polish had little lumps in it similar to a texture polish. I have used other brands of shatter polish in the past and they have all been smooth and no different from regular nail enamel. I applied it anyway, and this dried really fast and the cracks were happening right before my eyes! This is the fastest drying crackle polish I have ever used. I like the visual effect and the feeling of this polish. It does leave some texture because of the gaps created in drying and it isn't rough at all, but it gives some dimension to the polish. This dries matte and I did not top coat it. as I wanted the textured effect. I like the look that I got from this when layering it over a pink polish. The gray looks good on me as it isn't as harsh as black with my skin coloring. I really love this old weathered look on my nails and this looks like old cracked paint or tree bark. I liked this China Glaze crackle so much that I returned and bought several other shades from the sale bin too! Yes, Please! I love this effects polish.

on 1/14/2012 10:46:00 PM

This is my favorite crackle/shatter polish that I have tried. The color is a lovely dark grey that looks so pretty over pastel colors. The consistency is thick, but it is still easy to use. I just apply one thin coat over any color and let this do its thing. It takes a little while to dry after it is done shattering, but that is probably Cracked Concrete's only downfall. It dries to a semi-matte finish, but a glossy top coat helps make this look like more of a cream, which is my favorite finish. I feel like black shatter polishes look best over bright or neon colors, while this looks the best over muted and pastel shades. I highly recommend to anyone wanting their nails to look amazing!

on 2/27/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this and Black Mesh from the China Glaze crackle collection. I love the way this crackles! I wore a pastel purple underneath and love it. I purchased it online at Sally's for $4.99...money well spent!

Popular Polishes