China Glaze Cracked concrete

Filtered by age: 19-24
China Glaze Cracked concrete

4.6

on 1/14/2012 10:46:00 PM

This is my favorite crackle/shatter polish that I have tried. The color is a lovely dark grey that looks so pretty over pastel colors. The consistency is thick, but it is still easy to use. I just apply one thin coat over any color and let this do its thing. It takes a little while to dry after it is done shattering, but that is probably Cracked Concrete's only downfall. It dries to a semi-matte finish, but a glossy top coat helps make this look like more of a cream, which is my favorite finish. I feel like black shatter polishes look best over bright or neon colors, while this looks the best over muted and pastel shades. I highly recommend to anyone wanting their nails to look amazing!

on 4/3/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love having a gray crackle. The black is great, but gray looks wonderful with pale minty colors! Its less harsh (and really does look like cracked concrete) making a really fun effect

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shake well and you're good to go! Awesome effect, I don't own OPI's version but this one works so well I don't even feel tempted to try it. It dries quickly so you have to do a complete sweep of the nail in a timely manner. I am putting this over almost everything right now.. it looks best with whites/pastels on me. Make sure you close this SUPER tight. It will form globs at the top making it really hard to open. :]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This has a crazy effect... some nails have that chunky squared-off crackle effect, but some have a weird (still cool) long, slashy streaks. I tried this over a whole bunch of colors and found that bright, pale colors look really good with this one (specifically hot pink, bright yellow, and white or silver.)
It looks like a really expensive manicure treatment (like those new, weird press on patterns for nails without being all lame and see-through and expensive.)

The cracked concrete is a medium-dark grey. It dries very matte (with a horrible, raw porcelain texture) so I suggest a top coat.

Basically....... I'm sending my fiance to buy the other colors tomorrow :P

on 2/27/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this and Black Mesh from the China Glaze crackle collection. I love the way this crackles! I wore a pastel purple underneath and love it. I purchased it online at Sally's for $4.99...money well spent!

Popular Polishes